Bond Museum closure

Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
Bearer of bad news I'm afraid, a very sad day for UK Bond fans.

The Bond Museum, Keswick, from their website:

IT IS WITH DEEP SADNESS THAT WE HAVE TO REPORT THAT THE BOND MUSEUM AND ITS SISTER ATTRACTION CARS OF THE STARS ARE NOW CLOSED. THE CARS OF THE STARS SHOP AREA WILL REMAIN OPEN THIS YEAR WITH AUTOGRAPHS, MEMORABILIA AND A NEW RANGE OF TV AND FILM TOYS. PLEASE CHECK THE WEB SITE FOR DETAILS OF THE RELOCATION OF THE VEHICLES TO A NEW LOCATION SHORTLY. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THE MUSEUMS OVER THE LAST 22 YEARS IN KESWICK.
http://thebondmuseum.com/index.htm

All I can say at the moment, is that the new location is in the US.

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    That's a real shame....I've visited both museums and they were great to visit...especially the newer James Bond Museum....I had heard that Peter was looking to sell his entire collection...or at least get help (financial backing) from investers...

It's a shame the collection is US bound too....from a UK point of view.
    YNWA 97
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    I gather it was done almost without any warning.
    Real shame, as I was due to go to Keswick over the summer with the family :#
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I visited the Bond museum late last year, and I enjoyed it, but in some ways I had an awful feeling that it had a "work in progress" feel about it. Sometimes that can be a good thing, in this case I was getting Uh-oh vibes. Damned shame, and sorry to hear that it is all going across the pond too.

Damn it - just realised this also means I will not get the chance to see KITT up close or the real FAB 1. - I just hope it ends well for all those involved - buyers, and sellers.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • b007b007 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Michael Dezer has bought both museums. Both of the museums are moving to the Dezer Collection in Miami.
    I am the Dezer UK representative and am in the processing of shipping all of the cars.
    The Dezer Collection museum will open in October with over 1000 vehicles.
    If anyone wants more information please let me know
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    b007 wrote:
    Michael Dezer has bought both museums. Both of the museums are moving to the Dezer Collection in Miami.
    I am the Dezer UK representative and am in the processing of shipping all of the cars.
    The Dezer Collection museum will open in October with over 1000 vehicles.
    If anyone wants more information please let me know

Could you keep us updated with the opening of the Dezer Collection please ?

Any chance of a report on the opening day, with pictures ?

Thanks if you can.
    YNWA 97