W H Smith Deaver CB free Booklet

BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
I had read on mi6-hq about W H Smith shops giving away a free booklet on "The writing of Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver"
an interesting insight in about 16 pages.
Luckily a friend got me one, as when I went to 3 of the shops they knew nothing about it, and then to add insult when I returned 2 days later they had just given them away the previous day.

I think they only got an envelope of about 10 copies-so they disappeared quickly.
Wanted to get a spare for another friend.

Anyone else manage to get a copy?

Bleuville.

Comments

• BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:
    I had read on mi6-hq about W H Smith shops giving away a free booklet on "The writing of Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver"
    an interesting insight in about 16 pages.
    Luckily a friend got me one, as when I went to 3 of the shops they knew nothing about it, and then to add insult when I returned 2 days later they had just given them away the previous day.

I think they only got an envelope of about 10 copies-so they disappeared quickly.
    Wanted to get a spare for another friend.

Anyone else manage to get a copy?

Bleuville.

From a tip-off I took a trip to WH Smith Devizes in Wiltshire and they had about 40 of the booklets at the back of the shop on the wall, so I took a few as I'd driven 50 miles to find them.

I've got a white cover version of CB ordered at Waterstones bookshop and hopefully a black cover version at an independent bookshop. The white one is half price at £9.49 but it's even cheaper online.

Bleuville. " I think he got the point" .
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,822Chief of Staff
    I had no idea about these booklets....pity I missed it... :#

I have CB on pre-order....will have to buy both cover versions....is one UK and one US ?
    YNWA 97
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I have CB on pre-order....will have to buy both cover versions....is one UK and one US ?

On 26th I picked up white (£9.49) and black cover (£19.99) versions of CB book.
    They're the same book but the black one is to give independent bookshops a variation.

A pleasant surprise was that the Black book is signed by the author and numbered e.g.- 1140 / 1500.
    So that was a bonus !

Bleuville.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    -{ I did the same :D couldn't resist the black cover :))
    Bleuville wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

On 26th I picked up white (£9.49) and black cover (£19.99) versions of CB book.
    They're the same book but the black one is to give independent bookshops a variation.

A pleasant surprise was that the Black book is signed by the author and numbered e.g.- 1140 / 1500.
    So that was a bonus !

Bleuville.