The number 23 and Bond 23

Could Bond 23 be something really special and unique?

The number 23 pops up everywhere. Here are som examples:

***2/3= .666 the number of the beast

The New York Yankees won the World Series 23 times

The Uranium isotope used in Nuclear bombs is U235

AOL chat rooms only allow 23 people at a time

In the film Airport, the mad bomber has seat 23

***There are exactly 23 charicters, numbers and letters, on the face of all U.S. coins

***Every 23rd wave crashing on a beach averages twice the size as normal

In the film Airplane II, the name of the spaceship is XR-2300

230 people died in the conspiracy plagued TWA flight 800 disaster

The Unibomber killed or wounded 23 people

The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England, is 23 Jaol Road. In New York City it's on 23rd street.

***The letter W is the 23rd in the alphabet and has 2 points down and 3 points up

The first Apollo landing on the moon was at 23.63 degrees east; the second was 23.42 degrees west.

April 19th the date of the battle of Lexington, the holocaust at Waco, and the Oclahoma city bombing is written 4/19 by Americans and 19/4 by Europeans. Either way it adds up to 23.

In Star Wars Princess Lea was held in cell AA-23

***Shakespeare was 46(2*23) when the King James Bible was published. Psalm 46(2*23) has it's 46th word "shake" and the 46th word back from the end is "spear".

On the Seinfeld show, Kramer hides an Air-Conditioner on levl purple 23 of a parking garrage.

***William Shakespeare was born on April 23,1556 and died on April 23, 1616.

51, as in Area 51 breaks down to 23 + 23 + (2*3)=51

August 23,1305 William Wallace was exicuted for treason.

August 23, 1970 River Pheonix was born.

The original Star Trek, as well as Babylon Five are set in the 23rd century

***The human Biorhythm cycle is 23 days

***It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body

***Julius Ceasar was stabbed 23 times by the assasans.

X-Files: 10.13 productions.10 + 13 = 23

"Scottish Rite Freemasonry" has 23 letters.

A technological singularity has been predicted by "experts" in the near future. It is expected around 2030 AD.

***Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth's surface.

Psychic Edgar Cayce started having visions of lost Atlantis in 1923.

Hitler joined a secret society in 1923.

Avagadro's number as used in the ideal gas law is 6.02 * 10^23

The CIA headquarters in McLean, VA is located on rt. 123.

***The tilt of Earth's axis is roughly 23o accounting for the changing seasons and the procession of the Zodiac.

***Homo sapiens are given 46 chromosomes from their parents, 23 male and 23 female.

***The Dog Days of Summer begin on July 23 when Sirius the Dogstar rises from behind the sun.

Sydney Carton was the 23rd man beheaded in the climax of Dickens' Tale of Two Cities

Accordidng to Noam Chomsky over half of the national media is owned by 23 companies

The average smoker inhales 23 ciggarettes a day

There are 23 chapters of the Cult Awareness Network

Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints was born on December 23, 1805.

On December 23, 1805 the Federal Reserve Act passed in congress.

***According to ancient Mayan prophesy on December 23, 2012 the world will end.

***In both ancient Sumaria and Egypt July 23 is the start of the new year.

The Nissan car takes its name from "Ni" which means 2 in Japaneese and "san" which means 3. Nissan means 23.

The articles of Impeechment used against Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton are under Article 2, section 3 of the constitution.

The United States set off 23 atomic bombs at Bikini Atoll in the Pacific.

Lines 22-23 of Book I of Milton's Paradice Lost "What in me is dark/ Illumine, what is low raise and support."

In a recent film version of Alice in Wonderland a stuffed Rabbit comes alive and runs away from a case numbered 23.

***The first prime number in which both digits are prime and add up to make annother prime is 23.

It is believed that Adam and Eve had 23 daughters. [citation needed]

It is believed that the verses of the Qur'an were revealed over a period of 23 years. There exist hadith that support this figure, but many more that give other lengths of time.

Psalms, the longest book of the Bible, is the 23rd book of the Old Testament, and the famous "Divine Shepherd" psalm is Psalm 23. Those repeating this popular claim overlook that it is only true in a handful of very specific modern Catholic translations. The famous psalm is actually number 22 in the Septuagint and traditional Catholic Bibles, while the books of the Old Testament appear in several different orders; Psalms is number 23 only in modern Catholic Bibles, being book 21 in the traditional Vulgate, book 26 in the Greek Orthodox Bible, book 19 in most Protestant Bibles, and book 14 in the Jewish Tanakh. It is therefore completely false for the Vulgate (chapter 22 of book 21), and only partly true for the King James Version (chapter 23 of book 19).

December 23, 2012 is the date on which the Mayan calendar ends, predicting an apocalyptic event.
Both the ancient Egyptian and Sumerian calendars begin on 23 July. Both calendars were apparently calculated from the date of the heliacal rising of Sirius, which occurs at that latitude around that time of year.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    apparently there was a mistake in the original translation ,and the number of the beast is really. 616
    If QI is to be believed :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I thought the Mayan calendar ended on Dec 21st?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I thought the Mayan calendar ended on Dec 21st?

There's also speculation that it might end on the 23rd of December instead.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Bunkum.

If you look for it, you can find anything you want.
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    EXACTLY!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bunkum.

If you look for it, you can find anything you want.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Could Bond 23 be something really special and unique?

The number 23 pops up everywhere. Here are som examples:

***2/3= .666 the number of the beast

The Uranium isotope used in Nuclear bombs is U235

AOL chat rooms only allow 23 people at a time

In the film Airport, the mad bomber has seat 23

***There are exactly 23 charicters, numbers and letters, on the face of all U.S. coins

***Every 23rd wave crashing on a beach averages twice the size as normal

In the film Airplane II, the name of the spaceship is XR-2300

230 people died in the conspiracy plagued TWA flight 800 disaster

The Unibomber killed or wounded 23 people

The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England, is 23 Jaol Road. In New York City it's on 23rd street.

***The letter W is the 23rd in the alphabet and has 2 points down and 3 points up

The first Apollo landing on the moon was at 23.63 degrees east; the second was 23.42 degrees west.

April 19th the date of the battle of Lexington, the holocaust at Waco, and the Oclahoma city bombing is written 4/19 by Americans and 19/4 by Europeans. Either way it adds up to 23.

In Star Wars Princess Lea was held in cell AA-23

***Shakespeare was 46(2*23) when the King James Bible was published. Psalm 46(2*23) has it's 46th word "shake" and the 46th word back from the end is "spear".

On the Seinfeld show, Kramer hides an Air-Conditioner on levl purple 23 of a parking garrage.

***William Shakespeare was born on April 23,1556 and died on April 23, 1616.

51, as in Area 51 breaks down to 23 + 23 + (2*3)=51

August 23,1305 William Wallace was exicuted for treason.

August 23, 1970 River Pheonix was born.

The original Star Trek, as well as Babylon Five are set in the 23rd century

***The human Biorhythm cycle is 23 days

***It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body

***Julius Ceasar was stabbed 23 times by the assasans.

X-Files: 10.13 productions.10 + 13 = 23

"Scottish Rite Freemasonry" has 23 letters.

A technological singularity has been predicted by "experts" in the near future. It is expected around 2030 AD.

***Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth's surface.

Psychic Edgar Cayce started having visions of lost Atlantis in 1923.

Hitler joined a secret society in 1923.

Avagadro's number as used in the ideal gas law is 6.02 * 10^23

The CIA headquarters in McLean, VA is located on rt. 123.

***The tilt of Earth's axis is roughly 23o accounting for the changing seasons and the procession of the Zodiac.

***Homo sapiens are given 46 chromosomes from their parents, 23 male and 23 female.

***The Dog Days of Summer begin on July 23 when Sirius the Dogstar rises from behind the sun.

Sydney Carton was the 23rd man beheaded in the climax of Dickens' Tale of Two Cities

Accordidng to Noam Chomsky over half of the national media is owned by 23 companies

The average smoker inhales 23 ciggarettes a day

There are 23 chapters of the Cult Awareness Network

Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints was born on December 23, 1805.

On December 23, 1805 the Federal Reserve Act passed in congress.

***According to ancient Mayan prophesy on December 23, 2012 the world will end.

***In both ancient Sumaria and Egypt July 23 is the start of the new year.

The Nissan car takes its name from "Ni" which means 2 in Japaneese and "san" which means 3. Nissan means 23.

The articles of Impeechment used against Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton are under Article 2, section 3 of the constitution.

The United States set off 23 atomic bombs at Bikini Atoll in the Pacific.

Lines 22-23 of Book I of Milton's Paradice Lost "What in me is dark/ Illumine, what is low raise and support."

In a recent film version of Alice in Wonderland a stuffed Rabbit comes alive and runs away from a case numbered 23.

***The first prime number in which both digits are prime and add up to make annother prime is 23.

It is believed that Adam and Eve had 23 daughters. [citation needed]

It is believed that the verses of the Qur'an were revealed over a period of 23 years. There exist hadith that support this figure, but many more that give other lengths of time.

Psalms, the longest book of the Bible, is the 23rd book of the Old Testament, and the famous "Divine Shepherd" psalm is Psalm 23. Those repeating this popular claim overlook that it is only true in a handful of very specific modern Catholic translations. The famous psalm is actually number 22 in the Septuagint and traditional Catholic Bibles, while the books of the Old Testament appear in several different orders; Psalms is number 23 only in modern Catholic Bibles, being book 21 in the traditional Vulgate, book 26 in the Greek Orthodox Bible, book 19 in most Protestant Bibles, and book 14 in the Jewish Tanakh. It is therefore completely false for the Vulgate (chapter 22 of book 21), and only partly true for the King James Version (chapter 23 of book 19).

December 23, 2012 is the date on which the Mayan calendar ends, predicting an apocalyptic event.
    Both the ancient Egyptian and Sumerian calendars begin on 23 July. Both calendars were apparently calculated from the date of the heliacal rising of Sirius, which occurs at that latitude around that time of year.

Fascinating dc007...

there are also 23 errors in your list...

As well as the Mayan error above, the us fed was created in 1913 not 1805....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Act

If anyone is genuinely Interested, there are loads of sites like this one...just google away

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/23-fascinating-facts-about-the-number-twentythree-437520.html

My own favorite is the riemann Hypothesis which could be worth a million dollars if you can solve it....
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/23-fascinating-facts-about-the-number-twentythree-437520.html

My own favorite is the riemann Hypothesis which could be worth a million dollars if you can solve it....

I was hoping it would be worth 23 million dollars. Or, $230,000. Just some dollar amount that involves 23.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent

Well, actually, 27 times
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Numbers come up for any event in history. Many of the numbers don't transpose correctly. Ie 1923 is 1923, not 23. There's 1,900 numbers in front... 46 is forty six, it's 2x23 which is not 23. Blood circulates according to how much is in the body (8 to 12 pints) depending on the size of the individual, depending upon the heart rate and the blood pressure.
    Every 23rd wave is twice the size? Waves come in sets when it's groundswell, or continuous when it's windswell. Wave size is made up of a) The shape, gradient, depth and firmness of the ocean floor, b) the speed of the swell, c) wind direction and speed, d) undulation, points, groins etc which can push shape from the side and add size from a secondary source, e) surge travel back out to sea from previous broken waves. People always used to say the 7th wave was the largest, but there really is no wave bigger than another in a pattern. Sorry, that was just my two pennies worth... :))
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    I dont believe in the mystery of the number 23. If you look for it youll find it anywhere of course...
    I just wanted to get a discussion going. Anyway I think Bond 23 will be great. :007)
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Oh how I want it to be great as well! Watched QOS again the other night and it's so nearly there but what's bad is terrible... :# Let's hope they can use what's good and popular about this new direction and combine a little of what made the series to start with. :D
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
    I think Craig will have his "Goldfinger" with this next one... I hope....
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    I hope so too!

Now I just have to avoid using the word 'Goldielocks'. Ooops... 8-)

Congratulations on all the 23's you found, by the way. Brilliant! :D
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
    I hope so too!

Google did the work for me... ;)
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    I hope so too!

I appreciate your modesty, but it's not the gun that does the killing, it's the person that pulls the trigger... -{
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
    I hope so too!

I appreciate your modesty, but it's not the gun that does the killing, it's the person that pulls the trigger... -{

This reminds me of a scene from TMWTGG....