Should Bond 23, really be Bond 3-A

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
After all it is a reboot, a renaissance, a "re birth if you will ". So just as in Star Trek when they blow up the enterprise, the new one has a letter after its number. Hence as they've blown up the old series. We really should start afresh, with the Numbers.
e.g.

Dr No, is Bond Number 1, while CR, is Bond number 1-A

and so on.

Or have all the Bonds up to and including P Brosnan's tenure, in a seperate section as "Classic" or "Traditional " Bond movies

Leaving the New Bond movies as a new Begining.

After all it really only makes sense to continue counting them as a continuing series if they where a contuining series, which they aren't as the old series stoped with DAD.
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    I always thought the old series stopped with YOLT, with OHMSS being the reboot...
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yet the producers did everthing ( like using clips from the Connery Bonds during the titles ) to show that Lazenby was the same character, and the movie was from the same stable as the others, so by all means you might think of it as a reboot but obviously the producers did not. Goldfinger even gets a mention from M at Bonds wedding. Does this mean Connery was a young agent in DAF ?
    With CR the opposite was the case it was made public knowlage that this was a Reboot, A new Bond on his first Double O mission. In the same way I don't think anyone counts the T Burton "Batman" movies as part of the C Nolan "Dark knight" series.
    Sill as always good to read diferent opinions and views. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    They did do everything to make it seem the same character, on,y to have that discarded by having Lazenby say: This never happened to the other fellow...

Don't get me wrong, I love the other movies, including OHMSS, but it never really felt like the same person to me.

DAF is a special case, since I never saw the Bond films in order originally anyway, I always felt that it was part of the first batch, allthough the worst of those. It also helps that I was nine when I saw DAF for the first time, but never got to see OHMSS until I was twenty-six.
    I never saw the films in order either, and on first seeing OHMSS i hated it, Only over years as I've matured it's become my favourite. The "Other Guy " line I think is funny but Perhaps should not of been used. It's only from reading others comments on AJB that I've learned that many fans see it as a stand alone film. ( as where I am, as far as Bond fans go, I might as well be " the only gay in the village " :)) ).
    Funnily enough I regard Dr No to OHMSS as the classic Bonds, and DAF as the first Modern approach to the series. More light in tone and more comedy, Infact setting the style for the Moore era that followed.So you could say that DAF was the reboot to the light/comedy Tenure, As Moore took over.
    Also you saw DAF at Nine and OHMSS at 26, that must of been one hell of a cinema queue. :)) :D
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    Lets just keep it simple and call it Bond 23. :007)
    No it can't be that simple.
    I want it to kick off, and have a huge argument :))
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    No it can't be that simple.
    I want it to kick off, and have a huge argument :))
    Re-title the thread, "Should thunderpussy argue with himself, or with other people." :D ;)
    ;)
    I never saw the films in order either, and on first seeing OHMSS i hated it,

I can imagine that. It's the kind of Bond movie you have to grow into.

Only over years as I've matured it's become my favourite.

You've matured? When did this happen? ;)
    The "Other Guy " line I think is funny but Perhaps should not of been used.

Nope. It derates the whole film.
    It's only from reading others comments on AJB that I've learned that many fans see it as a stand alone film. ( as where I am, as far as Bond fans go, I might as well be " the only gay in the village " :)) ).

Actually I didn't know there were more who saw it that way. I just stated the way I thought about it.
    Funnily enough I regard Dr No to OHMSS as the classic Bonds, and DAF as the first Modern approach to the series. More light in tone and more comedy, Infact setting the style for the Moore era that followed.So you could say that DAF was the reboot to the light/comedy Tenure, As Moore took over.

Fair point, but you do agree there was an earlier reboot then.

Also if we're going for the serious versous silly season, perhaps LALD should be put with the first series. But that was obviously written with Connery still in mind.
    Also you saw DAF at Nine and OHMSS at 26, that must of been one hell of a cinema queue. :)) :D

And people thought waiting for the next Star wars mlovie was a long queue
    blueman wrote:
    Re-title the thread, "Should thunderpussy argue with himself, or with other people."

Please no, there are too many example on here where mister Pussy is playing with himself...

;)
    "One is never too old to learn from a master, Mister White" :))
    Only kidding, a man's got to have a hobby :D