Naomie Harris as Moneypenny

JF123JF123 PenicuikPosts: 9MI6 Agent
I have to admit that I haven't seen any of the Pirates of the Carribean films but according to these links, she's going to be Miss Moneypenny.

Your thoughts ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2012464/Bond-23-Naomie-Harriss-licence-thrill.html

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50305
Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Outstanding choice! I think Ms. Harris is a wonderful actress and beautiful to boot. I'm really interested to see what kind of chemistry she has with Craig and how they develop the Bond/Moneypenny relationship.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    They should send her into the field, ala Goodnight in TMWTGG.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I really liked her in 28 Days Later...they could certainly do worse! I'm glad the character's coming back; a step in the right direction, IMO.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Miss HavelockMiss Havelock Travelling. Again.Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Now that's an interesting choice!

Thanks for posting this, JF123!
    "I was never taught what femininity was. I learnt it- or rather I invented it- on my own. "

-Carole Bouquet
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Fiennes (already confirmed), Bardem, and Moneypenny.....sounds great. However, it is coming from the Brtish Tabs so I'll believe it when it is officially anounced. ...but certainly one of the more plausable rumours to come out. Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem, now we're talking some serious villainy. They just need to add some oversized, steroid pumped, MMA type to be a henchman to bounce Craig about untill he finds some clever way to dispatch him.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    "They just need to add some oversized, steroid pumped, MMA type to be a henchman to bounce Craig about untill he finds some clever way to dispatch him."

Here here!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Wow AWESOME news. Naomie is a great actress. BOND23 shaping up to be HUGE!
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Could be an inspired choice, as she's a fantastic actress with a good on-screen presence in her own right. Truly hope that Moneypenny is back in 23!
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Outstanding choice! I think Ms. Harris is a wonderful actress and beautiful to boot. I'm really interested to see what kind of chemistry she has with Craig and how they develop the Bond/Moneypenny relationship.

Agreed BL....stunning....

And re: bond-moneypenny frisson, been too long already..... {[]

Bring it on!!!!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    "They just need to add some oversized, steroid pumped, MMA type to be a henchman to bounce Craig about untill he finds some clever way to dispatch him."

Baredem is six feet tall and played rugby for the Spanish national team when he was young. No Jaws, but still ....
    I think Naomi Harries is a good choice. Pretty, but not too beautifull and not too famous.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I just hope they keep some of the old fun in their realationship, and not go down the yet more "Gritty realism" route with Bond having to have to put up with lectures from Moneypenny as well as M.
    Then again how can they get the sexual innuendo back after the International womens day Ad, where Bond is chastised for his views on women ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    i like that they're bringing moneypenny back at all. really whoever they have play that character is fine by me.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Since M, Felix Leiter, Moneypenny, and--arguably--Bond are now cast so entirely different from the actors who originally played them, I will make a bold prediction. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you. . .

The New "Q"!

dameedna.jpg
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    This is turning out to be the alternate Bond series. I'm ok with the actress if this turns out to be true. But I thought she was going for larger roles. I only remember her in Miami Vice and the Pirates movies. If they are going to change Moneypenny, I wish they would have picked Carmen Ejogo. She was really pretty as the secretary in The Avengers remake film. She's also the wife of the current Felix Leiter.
    "Better late than never."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Guys, this is a fluff story. It might be true, just as well it might not. When it comes to showbiz, the Mail is no more reliable than the Sun. They're just going over the whole rumour thing, with a new spin. And Aint it Cool is only using the Mail as its source.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I'm having a hard time picturing her as Moneypenny TBQH. As the lead Bond Girl, OK, but as of now, I'm not sold on her as MP.
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    DAWUSS wrote:
    I'm having a hard time picturing her as Moneypenny TBQH. As the lead Bond Girl, OK, but as of now, I'm not sold on her as MP.

I agree.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Really really hope they don't stick her behind a desk for a couple quips and done. Be much better if MI:6 is so infested with Quantum agents that Bond's best ally is a lowly file clerk, Monneypenny. Let her be a big part of the story, Bond can even sleep with her - why not? At least the sexual banter in the future will have a foundation.

They can do a lot with the character, and have a great actress for the part. Just hope it's a big one.
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    Really really hope they don't stick her behind a desk for a couple quips and done. Be much better if MI:6 is so infested with Quantum agents that Bond's best ally is a lowly file clerk, Monneypenny. Let her be a big part of the story, Bond can even sleep with her - why not? At least the sexual banter in the future will have a foundation.

They can do a lot with the character, and have a great actress for the part. Just hope it's a big one.
    {[]
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Really do not think that Moneypenny will fit in to current style of Bond/ Bourne/Merchant ivory films.
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    My only hiccup with the Naomi Harris as Moneypenny report is that she, unlike the previous actresses who've played the part might be hard to schedule on a continuing basis since she is more a major star. They are already locked in to operating around the schedules of Craig and Dench. Obviously you could work around the scheduling issues, but it does complicate things to some extent. I actually think Naomie Harris would make a better villain character, perhaps along the lines of Luciana Paluzzi/Fiona Volpe in Thunderball and it would definitely give her better acting opportunities.
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Don't think there will be much of the old Banter between the two. Moneypenny IMHO will now be a shoulder for Bond to cry on over his beloved Vesper, and Hold his hand after M schreeches at him. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."