Liam Neeson as Villain?

ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
I was talking to a friend about this yesterday and I wanted to hear everyone's opinion. Do you think Liam Neeson would be a good villain for Bond 23 or later on in the franchise?
"Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Yes for Bond 24 perhaps?
    I was talking to a friend about this yesterday and I wanted to hear everyone's opinion. Do you think Liam Neeson would be a good villain for Bond 23 or later on in the franchise?
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm sure he could be a good villain, but his career has had a great resurgence as a mature action hero and I think he's gonna ride that pony until he can't ride it no more. I'm sure there's going to be a sequel to "Taken" (which is sort of a Bond keeping busy after retirement adventure). I think he'd be great as a Bond allie. Maybe someone from Bond's past, his CO from the SBS perhaps. ...or how about this: the new "M" replacing Judy Dench. Someone brought in from the military similar to the new US CIA head.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    I think he could take on most parts put in front of him. I particularly liked him in Taken and thought he could have handled the role as James Bond, but age and looks wise, that ship sailed long ago. I'm sure with the right look and script he could be a very convincing Bond villian. Will never happen though - he's too big a star and may well put Craig into the shadows with his performance.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Will never happen though - he's too big a star and may well put Craig into the shadows with his performance.

That's a very good point. i never really gave much thought to that. Christopher Walken playing Zorin was a fine choice, but he wasn't quite as big then as he is now, was he? Again, great point.
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    liam doesn't come off as intimidating enough for me....i don't know that i would be able to buy him as a villain
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I dunno....Neeson seemed pretty damned intimidating in Taken if you ask me!
    smudgedude wrote:
    liam doesn't come off as intimidating enough for me....i don't know that i would be able to buy him as a villain
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I'm sure he could be a good villain, but his career has had a great resurgence as a mature action hero and I think he's gonna ride that pony until he can't ride it no more. I'm sure there's going to be a sequel to "Taken" (which is sort of a Bond keeping busy after retirement adventure). I think he'd be great as a Bond allie. Maybe someone from Bond's past, his CO from the SBS perhaps. ...or how about this: the new "M" replacing Judy Dench. Someone brought in from the military similar to the new US CIA head.

Really like the ' new M' idea...it would be good to have someone recently retired from very active service...that way if they must have M in the field every bloody five minutes they may at least be some use.:p
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have to agree with Blackleiter, Neeson can be Very Intimidating. I wouldn't like to Piss him Off :))
    He could also Act Craig off the screen. :v
    Do like the idea of Neeson being an old CO of Bond or as said If M is going to keep turning up He might as well Be of some use :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Here's Liam Neeson as Mr White, with Christian Bale and some gadgets. :v

http://youtu.be/RYB4hmbW8xc
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    It still has not been confirmed the Ralph Fiennes is in the movie at all. Everyone it still being tight-lipped (of course) with only 11 weeks plus until filming begins.
    As anyone ever thought of the possibilty that Javier Bardem could be "Blofeld", if their is any truth to the rumor about being the character back...if they are allowed to?
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    It still has not been confirmed the Ralph Fiennes is in the movie at all. Everyone it still being tight-lipped (of course) with only 11 weeks plus until filming begins.
    As anyone ever thought of the possibilty that Javier Bardem could be "Blofeld", if their is any truth to the rumor about being the character back...if they are allowed to?

IMDB has both Fiennes & Bardem as cast for 23. It's usually pretty reliable, and if something is in doubt they tend to caveat it. But until we hear something (anything) from EON we can't be certain. If true though it's great news.
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    smudgedude wrote:
    What, you obviously never saw him in Rob Roy, he was one tough SOB in that, was as well in Taken n Batman that matter. Now that I mention Rob Roy, Tim Roth could be an interesting choice for a villain as well.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I don't think he would be a big deal in it, but I guess the Felix's Boss/ M's CIA counterpart could be fine.