Worst single Bond acting moment?

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    77007 wrote:
    A couple that I watched recently that stood out to me.

I know the Bond girls are more for eye candy, but the short haired chicken girl from OHMSS. Omg I wanted her to stfu. Who the hell talks like that?

Well, she doesn't, the actress died only last year.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Well, she doesn't, the actress died only last year.
    oh.
    alastair_index_small.jpg

"Are you feeling bad, Paulfrey?" :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Hey, Alistair!! Best Scrooge ever!! What an actor...he would have been great in a Bond film.
    A great missed opportunity is that George Cole didn't reprise his role as Scrooge in a modern film; he played the young Scrooge in the film you reference above, they could have reused the flashbacks with Cole as the older character.

The above quote, as you probably know, is from his one-upmanship comedy, School for Scoundrels.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    "It's going down----into the volcano." Kissy Suzuki, YOLT
    :)) :)) :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Absolutely, ever acting Moment untill Daniel Craig made his apperance. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    Absolutely, ever acting Moment untill Daniel Craig made his apperance. -{

And that doesn't even make sense :s
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Well that's never stopped Me before. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    Well that's never stopped Me before. :))

No...but I'm sure someone will ;)
    YNWA 97
  • rennervisionrennervision Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    For me, the most dreadful line out of the entire series is Stacey Sutton's "You betcha."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    "Yo Mama" - the truly regrettable Halle Berry in DAD.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    From recent viewings. Talisa Soto from LTK is up there. Just horrible with about every piece of dialog she had. She ain't hot enough for her acting to be that bad. I can only imagine the takes that didn't make it into the film.
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    Denise Richards ENTIRE performance in TWINE. Her performance turned the movie from a pretyy good Bond film, to a pretty bad Bond film all by her lonesome self. Dr Christmas Jones, just awful :)) :D :)) :D B-) {[] B-)
  • DFGTYODLTTMFOATLGTTDCQDFGTYODLTTMFOATLGTTDCQ Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    where to start

worst acting moment in a James Bond movie, are you for real, by the time people are done with this, Bond 38 will be out in theaters.

I wouldn't know where to begin really

I'll just do a half dozen off the top of my head

Tanya Roberts entire performance from AVTAK

Denise Richards as above in her respective movie

Richard Kiel pulls parachute cord and lands on Big Top circus in Moonraker teaser

Sean Connery through 9/10 of Diamonds Are Forever

Lois Chiles through 9.5/10 of Moonraker

The fist fight with Moore/Roberts/Zorin Goons at the Sutton mansion

Goldfinger during the Fort Knox break in plan discussion

Wayne Newton in License to Kill
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Denise Richards ENTIRE performance in TWINE. Her performance turned the movie from a pretyy good Bond film, to a pretty bad Bond film all by her lonesome self. Dr Christmas Jones, just awful :)) :D :)) :D B-) {[] B-)

"...Or else someone's gonna have my ASS." Hahahaha I couldn't agree more GGG. Denise Richards single-handedly ruined TWINE for me :))
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
    I thought Connery's performance in DAF is impeccable really. Superb comic timing.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    " Providing the collars & cuffs match " Classic :D :D :D
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I agree. Although I think as a film DAF was at the bottom of the list for Connery's Bond movies, his performance wasn't the problem. I throw my lot in with those who feel the script was more suitable for Roger Moore, but in my opinion Connery did fine work with what he was given.
    I thought Connery's performance in DAF is impeccable really. Superb comic timing.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    I agree. Although I think as a film DAF was at the bottom of the list for Connery's Bond movies, his performance wasn't the problem. I throw my lot in with those who feel the script was more suitable for Roger Moore, but in my opinion Connery did fine work with what he was given.

That makes three of us.... All for one and one for all... :007)

And anyone above who thinks TWINE is the worst bond performance ( yep the whole film) -{

The only redeeming feature is the q-boat and cigar girl - how I wish that was in any other film..
  • I saw Diamonds are Forever again recently for the first time in years, and Connery only came back for the last time (NSNA was not an official Bond movie), when he managed to rake in a then staggering $1,200,000 paycheck to appear again, an astronomical price back in 1971, and all said, it was a bit of a wet blanket. Too much campy humor at times, the best things about it were the actually entertaining Mister Kidd and Wint and Jill St John as the years bond girl

A few old and to be seen again faces in Bond movies could be recognized during the films duration

I've never liked Basseys songs, any of them, awful Welsh shrills :#
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Brosnan's infamous "It's what keeps me aliiiive" moment from GoldenEye. To be fair it's a bad line to begin with, but a better actor like Craig might have made it work.
    Brosnan's infamous "It's what keeps me aliiiive" moment from GoldenEye. To be fair it's a bad line to begin with, but a better actor like Craig might have made it work.

Good call, it always makes me cringe
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Craig's " I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me" To be fair it's a bad line to begin with, but a better actor like Brosnan might have made it work.
    Craig's " I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me" To be fair it's a bad line to begin with, but a better actor like Brosnan might have made it work.

Indeed it is a truly regrettable line. I think DC did what he could with it , but I'm sure knew himself that it was a clunker. There is some very good writing in CR (train scene springs to mind) and some awful moments, mostly around the Bond-Vesper relationship.
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    The whole gondola chase scene was pretty tongue-in-cheek, but the pigeon double take always makes me laugh.

pigeon1.jpg
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Brosnan and Hatcher's love scene in TND. Awful, awful, awful. You could tell they hated each other. No wonder Piercey needed a couple of shots of Vodka before diving in there.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Hmmmmm.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Not "bad" acting. Just embarrassing. John Cleese as R.

Leiter's two female operatives who give Bond a ride in TLD. Check please.

Was watching Fletch the other day and Joe Don Baker gave a great performance as a crooked lawman. It's a shame his character in TLD wasn't adhered more to those strengths. The guy who played Buford Pusser has always been a strong character actor. I don't know why his turns in Bond are so ill fitted.
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    I didn't care for Grace Jones in "A View To A Kill". I almost vomited when Roger Moore had to kiss her. Thank God for Tanya Roberts being in the movie to look at. Roger Moore looked healthier being with Tanya.