Weight Loss and Fitness Thread!

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I too have found a use for my tablet, when not in use for AJB.
    It makes a great tray for a couple of sticky buns :D ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    I'm currently getting into shape... (a rather few too many curves at the mo :)) )

I'm swimming - my exercise of choice... and eating super healthy.

I'm using MyFitness App, which monitors your calorie intake, and gives you the ideal intake for that particular day.
    I've had a good few weeks - and am 'in the zone' - although it's still hard to understand you need some treats to keep it up.
    I'm kind of a 'all or nothing' person!

HI Lexi, my wife went to her weight watching club the other day.She was dreading it ,because we have just come back from a weeks break in Cape Verde.Any way after a week of eating 4 meals a day, and numerous cocktails, she has weighed
    less (albeit 1/2 pound) than before we went ? She cant get over it (we might book 2 weeks next time) :)

Yeh, that can be the case... it's why the 5:2 diet is so affective. You don't ever enter 'starvation mode' - and you're body becomes much more effecient at burning fat.

Problem is, I can't get my head around eating to lose weight.... :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    I've put a few pounds on of late and am trying to get back to my original weight - could be difficult getting back down to 7lb 3oz :o :D
    YNWA 97
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    I've spent most of 2014 really concentrating on a few basic exercises:

• Push-Ups
    • Pull-Ups
    • Kettlebell Turkish Get-Ups
    • Kettlebell Swings

Occasionally, I'll throw something else into the mix; usually Goblet Squats. But the above has been the basis for my workouts for the last six months or so.

Have I become bored? No. In fact, I've grown to love the grind of doing the same things over and over. There's something almost Zen-like about it.

Am I still getting results? If by "results" you mean getting stronger and leaner, then yes.

I plan to stick with the basics for the foreseeable future, adding moves such as Snatches and Goblet Squats here and there. But since I'm still improving, I have no intention of making any drastic changes anytime soon. As they say, if it ain't broke...

(If you want more details, I posted some specifics on my blog: http://www.agentintraining.com/2014/10/more-on-back-to-basics-training.html)
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Well, I did a 10k run today under 50 minutes and that's a 13 min improvement in comparison to the last year, so I feel pretty satisfied! :O
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Well, I did a 10k run today under 50 minutes and that's a 13 min improvement in comparison to the last year, so I feel pretty satisfied! :O
    Umm... wow. I couldn't do THAT. :o
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    {[] That's an impressive time. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    This is not exactly my speciality (quite the opposite, actually) but Bride of Barbel has recently talked me into taking some exercise. We did a 4 1/2 mile walk 4 days ago, then a 6 mile walk 2 days ago, and tomorrow we're planning 8 miles. My biggest regret is that Hound of Barbel is too old now to accompany us (he gets taken for a.drag these days, and struggles with the stairs).
    My mate regularly does 30 mile hill walks, and I envy him (he's 2yrs older than me, ie 2yrs closer to 60) and I'm trying to build up to that level.
    So does that mean tomorrow you'll be 18 and a half miles from home ?
    Are you working on a Proclaimers tribute by walking 500 miles :))
    I remember being told by a doctor that for general well being a 30 min
    Brisk walk a day, is a great keep fit exercise.
    a 30 min Brisk walk a day, is a great keep fit exercise.
    Yes, but you need to do Kung Fu too. ;)
    :)) just so long as it's not at the same time. ;)
    :)) just so long as it's not at the same time. ;)
    Kick the occasional telephone pole.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    The alternative was going to a gym. I'd rather walk 18 1/2 miles.
    Barbel wrote:
    The alternative was going to a gym. I'd rather walk 18 1/2 miles.
    I hear ya.
    When I reached the age that no matter what social occasion
    I went to, absolutely no one was interested in me sexually, I
    Stopped bothering. :))
    Unless there's a dating site for old, beardy and unattractive
    I don't know about. :))
    So I stick to my three half hour brisk walks with the dog. With a few
    Less curries. I'll never look like Richmenstoys, but I might get to live
    Long enough to pay the mortgage. :D
    I'll never look like Richmenstoys
    Not with that attitude. If you want it you can get it. Now drop and give me 100. :))
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'm always on my Feet, so I'm always burning Calories.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Barbel wrote:
    This is not exactly my speciality (quite the opposite, actually) but Bride of Barbel has recently talked me into taking some exercise. We did a 4 1/2 mile walk 4 days ago, then a 6 mile walk 2 days ago, and tomorrow we're planning 8 miles. My biggest regret is that Hound of Barbel is too old now to accompany us (he gets taken for a.drag these days, and struggles with the stairs).
    My mate regularly does 30 mile hill walks, and I envy him (he's 2yrs older than me, ie 2yrs closer to 60) and I'm trying to build up to that level.

Walking is one of THE best excersises... it's low impact, yet can have a massive effect on health.

I'm trying to walk at least a mile a day... most day's it's two... as I pick my son up from school... but this week, I've been a bit lapse (although I have gone swimming twice this week - and mostly freestyle).

I guess anything you can do is better than nothing, and as I work at a desk, it's difficult to be active during the day :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Lexi - stick with the walking ... like you said it's a great (& often undervalued exercise). If you can keep it up & maybe up the pace a little, you'll notice a difference very soon.

Not trained in a week due to illness, but going to get back in to it from Monday.

Hitting the weights 3 x per week in a split routine, along with doing a Spin class at the end of the week. Just wondering whether this makes me a "carpet carrier" as per the above definitions??! 8-)

Got a goal to smash over a 100kg military press (keep failing when I try to go over that :# ) & I want to try to get back to benching somewhere near where I was a few months ago pre-shoulder injury.

Good luck all & stay positive! -{
    Ens007 wrote:
    Lexi - stick with the walking ... like you said it's a great (& often undervalued exercise). If you can keep it up & maybe up the pace a little, you'll notice a difference very soon.

Not trained in a week due to illness, but going to get back in to it from Monday.

Hitting the weights 3 x per week in a split routine, along with doing a Spin class at the end of the week. Just wondering whether this makes me a "carpet carrier" as per the above definitions??! 8-)

Got a goal to smash over a 100kg military press (keep failing when I try to go over that :# ) & I want to try to get back to benching somewhere near where I was a few months ago pre-shoulder injury.

Good luck all & stay positive! -{

Thanks...

I was in a car accident last year, and hurt my shoulder - however I joined a gym and was going about 3 times a week. However I must have pulled something, because I then had serious pain in the other deltoid. I swear the shoulder lift is the hardest press... so it knocked me for six, I found any lifting really painful. Then after not going to the gym for a few weeks, I totally lost the momentum.

So I decided that I needed something that was more fitting with my lifestyle, and I figured walking would be a good place to start... and I'm now sort of speed walking. The swimming is really helping my shoulder... and I want to get to 3 times a week, and solid freestyle, for half an hour at a time.

However, I'm now noticing the days I don't do something... I'm antsy, so it's good all round. I've got my bike fixed too (puncture) so hoping to get out on that as well.

I've got my first weight loss deadline in a few weeks and I'm determined to smash it! ;)
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    No probs!!

You sound extremely determined & that's going to help make sure you succeed I'm sure!

I also damaged my shoulder in a car crash many years ago, rehab'd it (so to speak) but then damaged my rotator cuff one day ... it's set me back 3 months now, just when my training was really on song. I guess that's life! If you can, try to find some rehab exercises on-line - they will definitely help you. I'm fortunate that I have a PT mate who has helped me a lot & he identified an area in my upper back that actually prompted the shoulder problem.

If you can incorporate fitness as such in to your way of life / lifestyle, then IMO you're on to a winner & if you enjoy the swimming then it's not even considered to be a "chore" either! I train at 6.30am pre-work as I'm an early bird anyway & the gym is quiet then too.

Best of luck with your 1st deadline!
    Another 10k under 50 minutes done today! Whoop whoop :D
    You're not using a car by any chance ? :))
    Great times, keep it up. -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Shouldn't you be up in your room crying, TP? :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) I'm typing through my tears. ;)
    It's not such a good time lads! :) It's great because obviously I'm becoming constantly better but I have to get under 40 minutes if I want to think seriously about running, like Bond did! (in his dossier it was mentioned he's an excellent runner - so damn, I have to be one too!) :D
    -{ Well good luck. I'm sure you'll get there {[]
    Weel, it seems I'm getting tired, because today I made 10km in 50 minutes spot on. Yesterday there was some heavy drinking going on so maybe that's the case. Anyway - I will stop posting about my running achievements until I will get down to 45min!
    Fascinating article about self control.

I didn't know that will power literally 'runs out'....some great tips here, for those interested.

Top 10 strategies for self control
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I had a kebab last night :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?