New Omega Planet Ocean

Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
It looks like Omega recently updated the Planet Ocean...so I would assume Bond may have the latest and greatest on his wrist in 23...assuming the franchise continues its relationship with Omega. It looks like they've gone with a coin edged bezel on both the 42mm and the 45.5mm...a more "robust" coin edge. I'm not sure if I like the look or not. It's definitely more tank like. The hands are more pronounced as well. The bezel has switched from aluminum to liquid metal and gone is the beautiful Seahorse case back in favor of a transparent sapphire case back. Not sure I'm digging that either. What are your thoughts on these upgrades? I'm not sure if the original designs will continue to be sold or if they are being outright replaced by these newer models. Right now the original PO models are still on the Omega website.
"I musht be dreaming."

Comments

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I still like the older Brosnan style Seamaster design. But I do like the Liquid Metal technology and the clear case back. I think the Liquid Metal is only in the blue color for now. At least that's what I recall from an Omega interview with the two top people in the company.
    "Better late than never."
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    i'm sure they'll continue with the originals as well as pushing the new designs.