Craig on Bond...

Pyrat
Reflections in a double bourbon...

Comments

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    pyrat wrote:

Good spot pyrat....interesting....

ESP the comment on the gym- work (boring) and the fact that part of the reason quantum is the way it is, was due to the screenwriters strike preventing re-writes....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Those pesky writers, luckily it's only a minor Technical award at the oscars. :v, I'm glad he's only Blaming the writers. As everthing else about QOS was just about perfect. :D, I don't think anyone would disagree on that point. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Heres a workout he used, apparently according to this trainer, Craig trained for four months with a "Sex Commando "!
    http://youtu.be/sphDEjC6URE Nice work if you can get it. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Those pesky writers, luckily it's only a minor Technical award at the oscars. :v, I'm glad he's only Blaming the writers. As everthing else about QOS was just about perfect. :D, I don't think anyone would disagree on that point. :))

I think he went as far as he could to be open about his disappointment with QOS while still incumbent. I'm looking forward to him being more open once his tenure is over.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    He has to stand by it because it is what a good professional does, but I think he got the hint across saying they couldn't do the rewrites. I like what he had to say here and it is nice to know he looks back at the books and movies instead of being some closed interpretation. Overall he sounds like he has respect for this so that is good.
    Mr Beech wrote:
    He has to stand by it because it is what a good professional does, but I think he got the hint across saying they couldn't do the rewrites. I like what he had to say here and it is nice to know he looks back at the books and movies instead of being some closed interpretation. Overall he sounds like he has respect for this so that is good.

On a roll mr beech!

Sry TP but if the script is locked and rewrites are banned under contract while the strike was on, how was DC and others to change the bad bits of the film? .... They could have delayed it even longer but it had already been delayed by the MGM debacle..

I think this explains a lot, hence my comments...

That said, the editing is woefull and that can't be blamed upon the strike.

Semper fi
    Just an idea, But couldn't they come up with a half decent script in the first place. Rather than the "We'll fix it as we go along" mentality :)), Like zaphod, I'll eagerly wait for Craig's stories after his tenure is over, and doesn't have to be " On Message ". I have a feeling QOS was a very troubled production rather than the love fest we're being told. :)) :))
    Well done on the Full house, ke02eww -{, sorry to break it up. :p
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,620Chief of Staff
    Just an idea, But couldn't they come up with a half decent script in the first place. Rather than the "We'll fix it as we go along" mentality :))

Yes..that should ALWAYS be the starting point...a good script...
    ...this time, however - the same as with TND - they had to go into the film with whatever they had...I would have loved for Haggis to have had the time to go through the script again...

Like zaphod, I'll eagerly wait for Craig's stories after his tenure is over, and doesn't have to be " On Message ". I have a feeling QOS was a very troubled production rather than the love fest we're being told. :)) :))

Not too sure you will find out that much then...you don't really get the former Bonds queing up to tell 'warts-and-all' stories about their time as Bond...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Just an idea, But couldn't they come up with a half decent script in the first place. Rather than the "We'll fix it as we go along" mentality :))

Yes..that should ALWAYS be the starting point...a good script...
    ...this time, however - the same as with TND - they had to go into the film with whatever they had...I would have loved for Haggis to have had the time to go through the script again...

Like zaphod, I'll eagerly wait for Craig's stories after his tenure is over, and doesn't have to be " On Message ". I have a feeling QOS was a very troubled production rather than the love fest we're being told. :)) :))

Not too sure you will find out that much then...you don't really get the former Bonds queing up to tell 'warts-and-all' stories about their time as Bond...

Thx TP... And I agree sir miles... Although I like TND and forgive it's script from the crypt.. {:)

On kisskissbangbangandtell.... I also doubt you'll get much from DC - he's an exceptionally private man ( daughter etc) and knows that mud slung gets slung back.... Better not to sling.
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    i'll have to try that routine out. it'll probably kick my ass but it's worth a shot.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Uh oh. Watch out. He reread the books. He's trying to out FlemingBond the Flemingest of Bonds. I hear he's also added heavy reps of balloon bursting to his training regimen.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    pyrat wrote:

Great little snippet - and it is interesting that we are now hearing about how Craig obviously wasn't entirely happy with the script they ended up with.

Don't get me wrong, QoS is one of my favourite Bond films, BUT with all the criticism it's had, it at least, is being addressed - albeit too late for some, but addressed none the less.

You can't dismiss the fans who disliked QoS - and it seems there were a good number. (Even with the good box office takings...) Let’s hope then, Bond 23 is able to address the issues QoS suffered from - and get back to where Bond was (and let's face it, how they became so popular) - although, "you can't please all the people all of the time" is somehow sounding very loud.....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    I loved Quantum - I just wish it took a breath now and then... added some padding between the action scenes; even a few more location-establishing shots could have help maked the pace more... sane. Other than the feeling that we were racing toward the ending, I had no problems with the film.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,620Chief of Staff
    I loved Quantum - I just wish it took a breath now and then... added some padding between the action scenes; even a few more location-establishing shots could have help maked the pace more... sane. Other than the feeling that we were racing toward the ending, I had no problems with the film.

Once again we are in complete agreement... -{

I love QoS - faults and all - but I would have liked Haggis to have had one more rewrite at least...to flesh it out more...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    You can't dismiss the fans who disliked QoS - and it seems there were a good number. (..

Yeah, they finally realized how bad it is to get me disliking a movie :D

It was the same after DAF ;) and after 2 TD movies I did put him over the edge as well
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!