Bond Theme Song Artist Revealed?

Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
Sorry mods if this is posted somewhere else...just news here in Canada

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2011/09/03/18637746-wenn-story.html

...and I have no idea who she is LOL

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Well, it is being discussed here:

http://ajb007.co.uk/topic/36564/who-would-you-like-to-see-sing-the-theme/page/6/

But since it's part of a larger discussion, I'll keep this open. . .and reiterate: the title song is one of the LAST things they do! Don't believe anything until it's confirmed by Eon. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • IgneousIgneous Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    In my opinion this should definately be the next bond theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4&feature=related
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Igneous wrote:
    In my opinion this should definately be the next bond theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4&feature=related

I like Within Temptation a lot. But don't think their style of music fits what a Bond theme should be.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    edited October 2011
    I think it should be an artist on the verge of recognition. Somebody with talent of which is largely under-rated. Anything else just seems cliche. If not, then somebody with a strong track record of making quality, respected music.

Adele is a good singer; but like many others, she's sold her soul to the faceless suits. Her brand will be played to death for a few more years and then she will dry up, having made her millions. No longevity, for me, means no credibility. I don't want to hear the same voice which I hear over and over and over and over again on TV, the radio and on the internet attached to the franchise, especially given the new direction.

In my opinion, Chris Cornell was so good due to the reasons above. Hopefully they'll think about this long and hard before officially commissioning anything.

Regards,
    Wilde
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Wilde wrote:
    I think it should be an artist on the verge of recognition. Somebody with talent of which is largely under-rated. Anything else just seems cliche. If not, then somebody with a strong track record of making quality, respected music.

Adele is a good singer; but like many others, she's sold her soul to the faceless suits. Her brand will be played to death for a few more years and then she will dry up, having made her millions. No longevity, for me, means no credibility. I don't want to hear the same voice which I hear over and over and over and over again on TV, the radio and on the internet attached to the franchise, especially given the new direction.

In my opinion, Chris Cornell was so good due to the reasons above. Hopefully they'll think about this long and hard before officially commissioning anything.

Regards,
    Wilde

What the heck? Adele is getting really popular in the US, but the album has a fraction of the producer and writer interference of all the other hit artists out there. She writes and composes almost all of her songs. She is known for her talent instead of her ridiculous clothes and bad behavior. Maybe I have just been a fan of hers for too long, but I don't think she has sold herself in any way yet. Did you see her on the VMAs? Stuck out of the crowd, but because she looked classy and her performance was much less about flash than anyone else. I think she is absolutely the kind of talent that can last. I get that she may be too popular for a Bond song, but I would be glad if she did over most others. I don't know how you concluded she was sold and has no longevity right in the middle of her career shooting through the roof and two Grammys under her belt, not to mention that both albums are highly acclaimed, the newest even more so.

I like the underrated artists getting a chance, but don't knock down a great one because she is too popular off her own product.
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Well, my opinion can only be improved and I suppose it would be fair to hear it first.

In the UK she's everywhere, in all formats and it's really annoying. She is a good singer; but I find her songs have an overly melancholy if not melodramatic undertone, all of them.

I think it's probably because I'm sick and tired of her already, but if that's what you like, Mr Beech, then god speed.

Regards,
    Wilde
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Well, I think she is a great talent.Just hope the producers give her a decent film to do a theme for. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Wilde wrote:
    Well, my opinion can only be improved and I suppose it would be fair to hear it first.

In the UK she's everywhere, in all formats and it's really annoying. She is a good singer; but I find her songs have an overly melancholy if not melodramatic undertone, all of them.

I think it's probably because I'm sick and tired of her already, but if that's what you like, Mr Beech, then god speed.

Regards,
    Wilde

Now that makes more sense. Yes, she is perhaps overexposed at the moment due to everyone seemingly wanting her music on their show or radio station. The tone of the songs is in many cases a bit down, but it is widely publicized that she wrote it coming out of depression and alcoholism in a long relationship, so many relate to that and many are about flaws. It's fine if it isn't your thing, but I like the songs and their meanings, and a new song would be welcomed.