Will Blofeld Be The Villain In Bond 23?

barracudabarracuda CataloniaPosts: 97MI6 Agent
Screenwriter John Logan has hinted that Blofeld will return in Bond 23!
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Will-Blofeld-Be-The-Villain-In-Bond-23-26894.html

I think I'd rather leave Blofeld in the past. While I loved him in the early movies the style of the new ones calls for a different style of villain. Not Dominic Green though!
'Yes, dammit, I said "was". The bitch is dead now.'
The James Bond Dossier | SPECTRE | Q-Branch James Bond Podcast

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I would love to see Blofeld return, only with a modern twist. No nehru suits, or stroking white cats. Rather a Twisted criminal mastermind. ( bit like myself :v ) It's about time Craig's Bond came up against a Decent villian higher up the Quantum food chain than Le Chiffre and Greene.
    Poor old Dominic Green, Mathieu Amalric was wasted in QOS, He's a good actor and IMHO Could of been a great villian. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Fiennes looked a little Blofeld like in Harry Potter.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Agree with Thunderpussy about Mathieu Almaric being wasted in QOS. Almaric is a very good actor and can do the grey areas very well in a spy thriller (check him out in "Munich"). With Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem possibly on board (who have played two of the most memorable film villains ever), no writers strike, etc, EON has no excuse to not come up with some memorable villains. Outside of some short appearences by "Mr. White" EON has not come up with a really memorable villain since "Xenia Onatopp" in "Goldeneye".
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    i would be alright with that. it would be interesting to see the modern interpretation of that.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind. It would be a nice connection. With the right writing and casting it could great.

"In stainless steeel!"
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Been hoping for this since the reboot. Make it be so! :)
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    The more I think about it, the more I want Blofeld to return. I think he still needs a white cat, or some sort of pet, but he can wear regular clothes, or have a new updated outfit. I'd also like a scar on his face like Donald Pleasance's Blofeld. But after Austin Powers, people may think it a little stupid. So many people have no idea that Dr. Evil is based on a 007 villain. If Blofeld is set to return, I hope the producers have contracted the actor for a few films, if he is to do a multiple film arc. 3 Blofeld actors in 3 films, one with hair, and no scar, is one of the my gripes about YOLT-DAF.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited September 2011
    To me Blofled is an element of the Connery era that is best left in the past. - The idea of a regualr main baddie is not a bad one, but the concept needs updating to the here and now.

To me Le Chiffre would have been a good basis for a new main baddie type - someone who is in many way's Bond's shaddow, same take in clothes the high life and lifestyle, but on the oposite side of the fence, or, in the same way Dame Judi's M moved dynamics about a bit, have a Bond Girl baddie who is outside Bond's scope on many different levels. - Someone who is a match for him in all aspects but has a rulling agenda over others in a bad way. Fiona (Thunderball) Xenia (Goldeneye) and Electra (TWINE) all spring to mind. - Or better still have a small group of baddies, two men and a woman or two women and a man who are the joint heads of quantum.
    Its harder to kill the snake if it has multiple heads! That article mentions Batman has "The Joker." What about Penguin? Catowman, The Riddler etc? Luke Skywalker actually had Darth Vader and Emerpor Palpatine, and Holmes did indeed have a singular key nemesis in Pro Moriarty, but Homes is fixed in one period. Bond isn't and the nature of the threats around him change. Even the way Quantum operates is clearly different from Spectre - Infiltration from within, not extrotion from without. A fact that makes them ore dangerous. - To me at least.

Blofeld has his place in Bond history. So does Goldfinger, Scaramanga and Rosa Klebb. Sad fact is though, its too easy to asociate Blofeld with Dr Evil in Austin P. 007 needs to be making NEW good trends with its characters, not just rake through the past. The key baddie is one of these areas. To me, CR and QoS have both proved that in different ways.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I like your thinking on this!
    To me Blofled is an element of the Connery era that is best left in the past. - The idea of a regualr main baddie is not a bad one, but the concept needs updating to the here and now.

To me Le Chiffre would have been a good basis for a new main baddie type - someone who is in many way's Bond's shaddow, same take in clothes the high life and lifestyle, but on the oposite side of the fence, or, in the same way Dame Judi's M moved dynamics about a bit, have a Bond Girl baddie who is outside Bond's scope on many different levels. - Someone who is a match for him in all aspects but has a rulling agenda over others in a bad way. Fiona (Thunderball) Xenia (Goldeneye) and Electra (TWINE) all spring to mind. - Or better still have a small group of baddies, two men and a woman or two women and a man who are the joint heads of quantum.
    Its harder to kill the snake if it has multiple heads! That article mentions Batman has "The Joker." What about Penguin? Catowman, The Riddler etc? Luke Skywalker actually had Darth Vader and Emerpor Palpatine, and Holmes did indeed have a singular key nemesis in Pro Moriarty, but Homes is fixed in one period. Bond isn't and the nature of the threats around him change. Even the way Quantum operates is clearly different from Spectre - Infiltration from within, not extrotion from without. A fact that makes them ore dangerous. - To me at least.

Blofeld has his place in Bond history. So does Goldfinger, Scaramanga and Rosa Klebb. Sad fact is though, its too easy to asociate Blofeld with Dr Evil in Austin P. 007 needs to be making NEW good trends with its characters, not just rake through the past. The key baddie is one of these areas. To me, CR and QoS have both proved that in different ways.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Well, let's not forget that the Blofeld in Fleming's Thunderball looked nothing like the guys in the films. Maybe Charles Gray in DAF, ironically, but not that much.

He was a thick set bloke with a crew cut, almost feminine lips and no cat! Perhaps a touch of the Alistair Crowley about him ie Satanic in his looks. And of course, he could vary his looks it turned out.

That Peter Swafinsionzez UK comedian guy could be a good master of disguise. Personally I'm against calling him Blofeld but I confess I'm confused about this whole reboot thing and I don't like it. Worked with CR, use the Fleming villains, but thereafter what then? What they could have done is sort of remade the novels with different titles but similar themes eg do Live and Let Die as a sort of Angel Heart voodoo thing and so on but call it a different name and so on.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    I like your thinking on this!

I'll second that BL!!

ESP the quantum tgts... I like where quantum is going, and feel it's about as uptodate as you can get without breaking the official secrets act...

However, adding blofeld now would act to tie the re-boot / early years / joining Mi6 to the Connery starting point - in same way attempted by star wars...

A risky and some would say pointless endeavour given the lack of time consistency between the whole 22 films to date...

But hey it's not tosca.... 8-)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    As always, I've got my grain of salt at the ready. Notice that all the screenwriter says is "Bond should always fight Blofeld." Does he say or even hint that Blofeld will be in the film? Nope. It's the author of the article who is suggesting that readers can speculate that there's a hint here. (And how much sense does that make?)

The name "Blofeld" is one of those hunks of red meat that seems to get tossed out to Bond fans in the days before the new 007 movie starts shooting--along with the title song singer and identity of the Bond girl. Remember when QOS was filming Max von Sydow made an offhand comment that Mathieu Amalric was playing "Blofeld," and that got the boards buzzing. Of course, Amalric WASN'T playing Blofeld and von Sydow was probably using "Blofeld" as a generic Bond-villain name. In short, let's tread cautiously here. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Well, let's not forget that the Blofeld in Fleming's Thunderball looked nothing like the guys in the films. Maybe Charles Gray in DAF, ironically, but not that much.

He was a thick set bloke with a crew cut, almost feminine lips and no cat! Perhaps a touch of the Alistair Crowley about him ie Satanic in his looks. And of course, he could vary his looks it turned out.

Fascinating nap... And very, very plausible connection...

For those unfamiliar with him, this is a long and detailed summary of one of the 20th century's most interesting characters......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

To see what nap means about the "look" here are some pics....
    http://www.google.com/search?q=aleister+Crowley&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&prmd=ivnsbol&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Efl9TtG1J8PUiAKc5a26Aw&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=690

And if you google his name, it won't take you long to enter the world of conspiracy theories, new world orders, and global domination... Oh and of course the occult....

Probably best to keep the light on.... :)
    I always thought Fleming based Le chiffre on Aleister Crowly.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I always thought Fleming based Le chiffre on Aleister Crowly.

Quite possibly but I have always felt it was blofeld -

That said it's part of Fleming folk law that he was interested in Crowley and his band, and clearly the "services" definitely were...

Once in the service, always in the service....
    Henry Blofeld in an interview claimed That Fleming got his villians name from his father who was at Eaton with Fleming.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    The name, yeah, but not the persona...

That Crowley fellow was handsome and Bond-like in his youth. Quite Byronesque. Makes you think.

I don't much fancy delving into his occult stuff, mind you didn't he write The Devil Rides Out which starred both Christopher Lee and Charles Gray, the latter in a very frightening role.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I think Dennis Wheatley wrote The Devil rides out, as well as many others, I only know this as my Late mother was a huge fan of Horror novels. It's clear Old Crowley was used as a template by many. Just look at Uncle Fester. :D
    If only Blofeld had of had the persona of Henry Blofeld ( cricket commentator) he'd never of got up to all those naughty things. :))
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    Bond isn't and the nature of the threats around him change. Even the way Quantum operates is clearly different from Spectre - Infiltration from within, not extrotion from without. A fact that makes them ore dangerous. - To me at least.

Quantum does not need to steal nuclear warheads and space capsules like SPECTRE or Stromberg's outfit did, they could infiltrate American and Russian military services with immensely patient deep cover operatives that would gain access to the launch codes (similar to that MI6 mook who tried to put down M but succeeded in saving White) or many decades in advance even have companies that provided the nuclear weapon systems to the Western militaries with "back door" access.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'