Would you like Javier Bardem to be in the next James Bond movie?

james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
Whether Javier Bardem is to play a good guy or a bad guy, I want him in Bond 23. Here it is October 6, 2011 and filming begins next month and still no word if Javier Bardem is going to filming in the coming months. Is this a way for the studios to protect their actors and where they will be filming?
I know Bond 23 is going to be a very special James Bond movie, but my goodness, secrets are so tight-lipped this time. :007)

Comments

• james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    October 10, 2011. The story is about to break. Javier Bardem has confirmed he has a role in Bond 23. :x -{ :007)
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    Here's the video from Bardem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kDvuxalUb4

xxx
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'm happy, Friend-o!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    Javier Bardem is exactly what the next James Bond movie needs. He is likeable. We have also seen him play a serial killer in "No Country For Old Men". Javier is going to do well and he will have fun.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Please. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,290MI6 Agent
    To be fair, it really depends what the role is like. The last two films had decent enough actors who imo made no real impression at all. It's the script.

Otherwise, you can cast a guy who has a naturally creepy persona, like the white-suited hitman in The Untouchables. But Bardem aint really that guy. There's no sense he's gonna do another No Country-style turn.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I would agree that Bardem will not be playing a charactor in the same mold as in "No Country For Old Men". One advantage that Bardem has over us regular folk sounding off on AJB is a copy of the actual script (or at least a draft) for Bond 23 so he knows what type of charactor he will be playing. Based upon Bardem's track record of choosing roles, one would like to believe that the script might be good and his charactor well written...as I said one would like to believe. If it is true that Ralph Fiennes is also on board, the potential for some major league villainy is definately there.
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    Hopefully Ralph Fiennes' villain will be similar to the one he played in 'In Bruges'. Brilliant and hilarious film.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,290MI6 Agent
    Ooh I'm not sure. In Bruges is brilliant, but Fiennes is a cockney mobster. Brilliant at it but doesn't have that aloofness, which he can convey in his other films, he can be a real cold fish, which would work well against Craig.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Javier was hilarious in Vicki Cristina Barcelona...

yes, better him than...say...justin timberlake
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Halcon wrote:
    Javier was hilarious in Vicki Cristina Barcelona...

yes, better him than...say...justin timberlake

i saw his interview last night...i think he'll be a great villian.