Ralph Fiennes' haircut for Bond 23

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,298MI6 Agent
A shot of him in today's Evening Standard has him with thin lanky long hair and a weasly foreign looking beard, in contrast to his usual cropped efficient look.

Is this for the upcoming movie, or something he's currently filming? If the former, might he be a dangerous, converted fanatic for our hero to tackle?
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    According to IMDB he's filming Great Expectations right now. He's playing the part of Magwitch. I'm not familiar with Great Expectations, maybe someone can provide insight to Magwitch.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:
    According to IMDB he's filming Great Expectations right now. He's playing the part of Magwitch. I'm not familiar with Great Expectations, maybe someone can provide insight to Magwitch.

At the start of the novel he's an escaped convict and he looks pretty grungy and intimidating. Question answered!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,298MI6 Agent
    magwitch_pip.jpg

"Here, you little rascal..."

That said, Fiennes looked more like Dickens in the recent shots. Okay, not his Bond look. Mind you, I'm confused - is Fiennes actually confirmed? I know Javier Bardem is.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Don't know about His Hair, but it seems Craig is to have a Beard in Bond 23.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3885253/Daniel-Craig-to-be-James-Beard.html

I know Bond had one in DAD, but this ( If True ) is Bonds Fashion choice. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,298MI6 Agent
    Oh that's got to be rubbish!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Don't know about His Hair, but it seems Craig is to have a Beard in Bond 23.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3885253/Daniel-Craig-to-be-James-Beard.html

I know Bond had one in DAD, but this ( If True ) is Bonds Fashion choice. :))

Scaling back production? A shoe string budget? Bond with a beard? I'll believe it all when I see it.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Yeah we'll see. Bond chillin on his off time with a beard, or just for a disguise like purpose blending in to the environment on the job, would be fine. I don't see it as being a full time thing.
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    Don't really care what his hair looks like..... I just hope he has a nose!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    I wouldn't mind seeing DC in a beard as Bond. It makes sense if he's undercover and trying to blend. Even elite operatives belonging to Delta Force and Seal Team 6 don't look like your typical soldier. Richard Marchinko, the original Commander of Seal Team 6 wore a beard and a ponytail for crying out loud. The idea is to not look like a soldier or in this case a spy. If it lends realism, I'm all for it. As for a paired down movie, as long as it's paired down like FRWL with excellent actors and a good story line. That will work. Actors seem spot on, but the story line is an unknown at this juncture.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.