Predictions for SF Box Office takings?

Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
Just interested in everyone's prediction/opinion of SF's business at the Box Office. I think it will do better than that of QOS, but not as good as CR.

Having said that though, Sam Mendes is a newcomer to Bond, so I guess we shall all have to wait and see.
"Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    There's been a long gap wich I think will help and if they can do if for closer to the $150/$160 mill mark, then pull in a boxoffice of around the $500 mill,I'm sure the producers would be Happy.
    Next Nov there are alot of Big Movies being released so there will be plenty of competition, Many thought TND would be slaughtered by Titanic on release but it Did very Well.
    If they make something of the quality of CR I can't see it failing :D and with it being the 50th, who knows, it just might be bigger than CR. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I can see it making $45 million in it's Opening weekend in the U.S. It'll probably drop to around $32 Million its second weekend. Then steadily decline each week after. $20 million (3rd weekend) $15 million (4th weekend), 7 million (5th weekend) 4 million (6th weekend) etc.....
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,631Chief of Staff
    Just interested in everyone's prediction/opinion of SF's business at the Box Office. I think it will do better than that of QOS, but not as good as CR.

Well you haven't much of a window to aim for there....QoS wasn't too far behind CR in box office takings.....

As for SKYFALL....with a few good reviews it will beat CR....
    YNWA 97
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Er.... high??
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    Probably will be CR's box office or higher (since the gap and a high profile director and many high profile actors joining ) but it will definitely do better than QoS.
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Hmmmm, there isn't much difference between the international totals for CR and QoS.

Skyfall will take about the same amount - about $600,000,000 international at best.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,631Chief of Staff
    Hmmmm, there isn't much difference between the international totals for CR and QoS.

Yes....didn't QoS take more than CR in North America though.
    YNWA 97