Photos of Bond from the set...

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I can see bond scruffing up his hair as he walks past, Giving him a "worthers" as Bond
    has to deal with Q's teenage agnst. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Did any of us really think he'd look much different?

Anyway, it's set before DR NO. Plenty of time for him to mature into the look of Peter Burton/Desmond Llewellyn we're so used to. ;) :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    christ i hate the 'skinny jeans' look. Q should be able to lay down some authority when its needed, hows this streak of piss gonna manage that?

"really double oh seven, you should treat Q branch equipment with more resp.... (bond gives Q the 'squinty out-the-corner-of-the-eye' look)

"sorry mr bond, won't happen again sir, sorry sir, didn't mean it sir, please don't tell M, please sir" (Q gibbers on into a crying mess, a wet stain slowly grows from his crotch across the his skin tight skinny chinos)

"seems you've lost control of your equipment, Q" bond quips as he walks past, administering a swift heavy clout across the head to a now doubled over quivering mess of a child.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • xxxxxxxx Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    I don't like this look but I am going to wait till I see the movie before I start bashing him.
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    xxxx wrote:
    I don't like this look but I am going to wait till I see the movie before I start bashing him.

+1
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,883Chief of Staff
    What a surprise. . .the Firm of Carp, Whine, and Snipe are back in business. 8-)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    edited July 2012
    Hardyboy wrote:
    What a surprise. . .the Firm of Carp, Whine, and Snipe are back in business. 8-)

Sorry HB, I just don't think this young Q look works. It might grow on me however.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:
    xxxx wrote:
    Ben Whishaw as Q

yep, that just about confirms what i was hoping wouldn't be.

young Q looks like a pedo.

Excuse me, but what does a "pedo" look like?

Every time I look at the news, they appear to look like normal people, but looks do not equate to disgraceful, degenerate acts.

I know you are old enough to know better, so please ... know better.
    minigeff wrote:
    No, I don't like the look of the new Q, I've said why, so why is it not allowed to state your opinion?

Damned be anyone who doesn't agree with the clique. 8-)

Ummm, where did I clamp down on anyone's right to express an opinion? I rolled my eyes about the usual round of complaints the minute an image from the film appears, and that's that. I expressed MY opinion, nothing more. And what clique are you speaking of? Last I heard I wasn't a member of anything.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Looks like Q has been turned into a stereotypical modern day techno geek. I was hoping for a better look but like xxxx I will wait to see the film before making a real judgement.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    edited July 2012
    Predator wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    xxxx wrote:
    Ben Whishaw as Q

yep, that just about confirms what i was hoping wouldn't be.

young Q looks like a pedo.

Excuse me, but what does a "pedo" look like?

I've absolutely no idea.

All I think of Sidney in layer cake when I see benny, and I really REALLY think Q should be older than bond in order to be able to lay down a few rules. I for one (growing up in the brosnan era) see M as mother and Q as a father figure to the slightly blasé bond. I mean lines like Desmond's last for instance, or M's half hit man half monk lesson kinda nail that idea down for me.

Whether you think he looks like a pedo or not (and that really was nothing more than a bit of humor) I don't think this younger scrawny Q quite fits what people expect. Maybe taking Q in the total opposite direction from Desmond is down to the ironclad characterisation that everyone knew when des was around, now he's gone EoN probably think the only thing to do is not try and replace des in a john Cleese sense, and go a total about face.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Is that bloke in the last photo Dan Brown. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Its different for sure. Even a die-hard Fleminghead such as me knows that we are in a new and different Bondiverse where almost anything is possible. Personally I'm glad to the character back as it means we might get some cool 'stuff' for our boy to play with.

Ben W is a good actor, and I'm happy to see how it turns out. One thing is for sure we shouldn't get all bent out of shape about it and just accept a diversity of passionate views. We can and often do disagree strongly, but as long as we respect the boundaries of what is and is'nt acceptable around here in terms of behaviour (not opinion) we shall be just fine.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Packet o'sweets
    Cheeky smile
    Mister Q is a paedophile
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Well done minigeff, you've just proved that you don't know better.

Take time to think about what you do, what you say, and who you might offend.

And here's a little warning for you from the site's Ts&Cs: "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where "ajb007.co.uk" is hosted or International Law"
    Sorry, is anyone offended?

If my posts were that bad, why not edit the offensive stuff out?

Come on HB, lighten up. If you wanna spout rules, go ahead but don't point out T's&C's and then leave 'offensive' material on public view. It's an odd way of moderating.

Have I been any of the following;

abusive - to who exactly?

obscene - i joked Q looks like a pedo, someone asked what they look like.

vulgar - pedo's are, but the pictures aren't vulgar, in fact they were found in news articles.

slanderous - about who? I said Q LOOKS like a pedo, NOT ben whishaw is one. Plus the photos (except the pope) ARE convicted pedo's.

hateful - yeah, cos we all love pedo's don't we? :s

threatening - no, not anywhere is anyone threatened

sexually-orientated - really? We cant joke about the pedo look? Ok, so this is as close to breaking the rules as I get here.

any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where "ajb007.co.uk" is hosted or International Law" - is banter a crime, Christ lock us all up then.

Seriously HB, I may be a bit close to the line but it's nothing worse than what you'd get on tv. In fact there's stuff a lot worse than this. I guess you're not a jimmy Carr fan?

Any more comments about it should be pm'd or emailed to me. This is all rather off topic.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Minigeff, look at whose post you are replying to. Is that me? No, it's Predator. That said, he and I are of the same mind. Is calling someone a pedophile funny? No--pedophiles are sick human beings whose crimes cause lifelong damage to innocent people. If you don't like the look of an actor playing a film character who is not supposed to be a pedophile, fine; why not just say that? Why do you have to cheapen it by saying the man looks like someone who sexually abuses children? And why do you have to compound the problem by bringing in a picture of the Pope? I'm sure there are many practicing, devoted Catholics here--why assault them by calling the head of their church a pedophile? You're a great one for playing the victim card, but you don't seem to have much problem victimizing others. Your martyr act has worn very thin--think cautiously before wording your reply.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I think your problem here Gents, is Americans policing an English(UK) Forum, you Guys never understand our sense of humour :D maybe there should be a praise system where people issue you a point if the agree with or like your post.
    edited July 2012
    Ok before this gets into a silly mess, let me make this clear;

I don't ever set out to piss anyone off or offend, it's a joke ok?

If the pope pic is so seriously offending you, indeed if any of my posts offend you, then please, use your god like moderator powers to EDIT my posts. Come on, you can't deny that saying a post is grossly inappropriate and breaks the forum rules only to leave it on show isn't a tad hypocritical?

Seriously HB, I have NEVER received a pm from ANY member here to tell me that they've been offended by ANY of my posts.

If anyone has been, then I totally and sincerely apologise, but like I always say, its banter. I'm short n fat, n people call me short and microgeff etc etc. does it effect me? Not in the slightest.

I enjoy my time here, and consider many member friends of mine. If you feel the need to end my involvement with ajb then so be it.

Edit: There ya go, pedo pics and pope pic gone, hope this suffices HB.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    This is getting far too ridiculous, honestly.....all this crap this year etc. Get a Grip!!!
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I think your problem here Gents, is Americans policing an English(UK) Forum, you Guys never understand our sense of humour :D maybe there should be a praise system where people issue you a point if the agree with or like your post.

Predator, scaramanga1, and Sir Miles are Brits.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    And it isn't just a UK forum either, there are many areas represented here and fans from all over the world.
    edited July 2012
    This anti-Geff stuff is ridiculous! Describing Q's look as a pedo - clearly just an off the cuff remark, that's all. How anyone can consider it malicious or ruling breaking...?

I think danjaq_off has a point. And if it 'aint due to cultural differences in senses of humour, its probably due to just plain old dislike.

Remember, we are only discussing something as childish as James Bond....
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2012
    minigeff wrote:
    . I'm short n fat, n people call me short and microgeff etc etc. does it effect me? Not in the slightest.

Of course it effects you - it's true :D

Now seriously, I often disagree with DS but imo he nailed it: It's probably tue to plain old dislike - on both sides ;)

But: This is also my longgoing beef with the mods here: Why these public humiliations by mods? If it bothers you, edit it and send the member a private mail and it's done.

I know that it's not the case with you Hardyboy, but these public 'executions' sometimes seem to me to have only one purpose. To comfort the mods egoes.

We are asked to keep things civil here, why don't the mods do it as well?

And just to be clear: The pedo look comparison, I also did not like much.
    I had better laughs about his posts in the past.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    If the mods don't like a post then they should, either, edit or delete it. No need for the public lecture, communicate via the PM service.

Now can we get back on track please.
    Now can we get back on track please.

indeed.

as i've previously stated, I believe the character of Q should be older than bond. I'm not sure if this young Q idea is gonna work.

am I glad that Q is back? absolutely, I can't wait to see the finished film. i don't completely disregard ben whishaw as Q, and i don't think anyone here has seen him act in this role yet, so who can really say if he's any good or not. even after seeing the film we'll all have our opinions, and it'll be interesting to hear what people think.

i just can't help thinking that most QM's would have a bit more physical presence to them, this skinny geek look just doesn't quite fit for me. its like a round peg in a square hole, yeah it might fit but it just doesn't look right IMO.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I like the idea of a younger Q. Possibly a Q who can go into the field and "Macgyver" together a gadget to get Bond out of Trouble. I'm going into Skyfall with an open mind. Remember, lots of fans booed at the idea of a Blond Bond. Now look at most of them, they praise DC as Bond. Now some boo at the idea of Ben W being a young Q. Bold prediction You will praise Ben W as Q and will love him in the role of Q
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    No problems with Wishaw, his age or his look here. Sure, that look wouldn't suit me, but...

Besides, its a thankless task replaceing Des Llewellyn. Do you play the new Q as a crypto-Des, a young man in tweed who'll grow into the Q "we know and love"? Or course not. You HAVE to make him as different as possible.

Just as the Craig-nutters say he reminds them of Connery. No he **** doesn't!!!! Because he's himself and deliberately diferent!
    On a serious note, apart from a few jokes now ( Many on AJB have a good sence of humor ) :))
    So long as the new Q keeps some of the distain towards Bond ( Bond breaking his lovely toys )
    I'll give my real opinion when I catch the flick.
    Given the role was so much D Llewellyn, I'm sure the producers wanted someone who couldn't be
    compared to him, and most IT guys today seem young.
    I wonder is the New Q a PC or a Mac guy ?
    will he be giving his talk to Bond from a stage wearing a Black Polo-neck :))
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Q is going to be cool :D