Carte Blanche or Devil May Care

oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
After reading the last two James Bond novels, what is your favorite?
Each Bond shows differently, and is set in different eras.
Personally I prefer Devil May Care, in Spain resulted essence of evil ¨ ¨, because I think the continuation of the work of Fleming

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,877MI6 Agent
    I think I prefere Devil May Care (The Norwegian title can be translated to someting like "In the Service of the Devil"). The reason is DMC has better descriptions and atmosphere. To expand on your question I`m wondering what timeline the next Bond novel will use: the present day timeline of Carte Blanche or the origional timeline of Flemming and Faulkner`s DMC?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think it's so important to read a novel in its original language. Thar's why at the Moment I'm reading "The girl with the dragon tatoo" in the original Swedish, as I've been told it so important to of read it to understand the subtle nuances in the up coming movie. Although it didn't help with "Saraha" another bestseller.
    I don't read or speak swedish but, think how pretentious and Condesending I'll sound telling others that they can't really understand it unless they've got it in the Original Swedish.
    Between Carte Blance and Devil may care, I think Carte Blanche has the edge. At times it tries to be a little too clever with too many twists for comfort.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    In white letter gives me the impression that the ideas you are going to the author while you type, ie James Bond encounters a problem and solve it uses an application of the IQ-Phone
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Found this short Video on the release of Carte Blanche.
    http://youtu.be/LsGbYWouMXk
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."