Helen McCrory

Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
Just announced! In SKYFALL (2012), Helen McCrory will be playing the role of Clair Dowar...
A politician and British Member of Parliment.

She will not be playing Miss Moneypenny.

Thanks to the yahoo group Secret 007 for the news

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    Just announced! In SKYFALL (2012), Helen McCrory will be playing the role of Clair Dowar...
    A politician and British Member of Parliment.

She will not be playing Miss Moneypenny.

Thanks to the yahoo group Secret 007 for the news

That`s fine by me. Q will be in Skyfall, so there is no rush re-introducing Moneypenny. Perhaps McCrory`s MP is one of the politiians going after M when her past "comes back to haunt her"?
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Maybe Albert Finney will be playing Moneypenny in drag :D
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    After this news, who will make you think that the role of Miss Moneypenny?
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    oscar that's a question that nobody can answer. If Moneypenny is to be in this movie then there might be some indecision over the casting as this is quite a major role. We will just have to wait and see.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Didn't those online papers report that Eve is actually developed into Moenypenny during SkyFall?

Ah, here's a link. Unless they are wrong or misinformed?:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2057208/Naomie-Harris-Introducing-James-Bond-23-Skyfalls-black-Moneypenny.html
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Didn't those online papers report that Eve is actually developed into Moenypenny during SkyFall?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2057208/Naomie-Harris-Introducing-James-Bond-23-Skyfalls-black-Moneypenny.html

I just don't buy it. They're going to get an actress to play a good-sized role in one film as a gun-toting, butt-kicking secret agent; and then bring her back for about a minute of screen time in subsequent films and have her sitting behind a desk exchanging sexual double-entendres with Bond?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:

I just don't buy it. They're going to get an actress to play a good-sized role in one film as a gun-toting, butt-kicking secret agent; and then bring her back for about a minute of screen time in subsequent films and have her sitting behind a desk exchanging sexual double-entendres with Bond?
    I'm with Hardy.

Besides, I would really take whatever pus the Daily Hate spews out of its putrid veins with a very small pinch of salt.

EDIT: Just noticed in the latest photos they've published from the filming, they have the caption... "Give it to me: Craig was joined by Naomie Harris who plays a field agent called M in the film" and later "The 28 Days Later star was thought to be taking on the role of Miss Moneypenny when the film was first announced but once her character's name was revealed, this speculation was laid to rest."
    unitedkingdom.png