Daniel Craig Set To Become Longest Serving James Bond

2»

Comments

• nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty certain Craig will do four Bond movies but after that I am not holding my breathe - maybe a 5th but that is pushing it. He seems to get a lot of work in Hollywood - regardless of whether you like him or not.

Also is age that much of an issue? Many actors play characters who are either older or younger than they are - the important thing is they can pull it off. Whether Craig could pull Bond off at 50 I don't know - I guess it would depend on how good he looked.

All that said I really don't see Craig being Bond for more than 4 IMHO but only time will tell.

NMS

P.S. I am not sure why there is so much anti-Craig sentiment on this board? If you don't like him that much don't watch his Bond movies - simple!
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    nms75 wrote:
    P.S. I am not sure why there is so much anti-Craig sentiment on this board? If you don't like him that much don't watch his Bond movies - simple!

I agree 100%.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    You two have a very negative attitude if you don't mind me saying.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

I don't mind. :)

Yeah whatever... 8-)
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    It may be true, but is playing well as Bond, I do not want to play 8 as Wilson
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    nms75 wrote:
    I'm pretty certain Craig will do four Bond movies but after that I am not holding my breathe - maybe a 5th but that is pushing it. He seems to get a lot of work in Hollywood - regardless of whether you like him or not.

Also is age that much of an issue? Many actors play characters who are either older or younger than they are - the important thing is they can pull it off. Whether Craig could pull Bond off at 50 I don't know - I guess it would depend on how good he looked.

All that said I really don't see Craig being Bond for more than 4 IMHO but only time will tell.

NMS

Speaking as one who just could not see/accept RM as Bond it meant that just not watching his films disconnected me from the series for a very long time... Which for a lifelong Bond nut/nerd was really tough. The net has changed this as it allows for discussion and continued involvement.
    Others clearly feel the same about DC. Personally I had made my piece with him and now feel
    that although not my idea of Bond he has made a unique contribution, is a fine actor, and some elements of his Bond are superb. I am still trying to be positive re Skyfall, but admit that the shots seen so far are a real cause for concern, even despite not knowing the context.
    Therefor the discussion is right and proper as long as it avoids needless personal attacks, and remains reasoned.

The concerns relate directly to your point re age credibility, and what is being questioned is whether DC is credible now, and if he is likely to be so beyond 23, based upon our limited exposure so far.

Personally having seen DC looking great (really Bondlike with longer hair, no beard/stubble, tanned and well rested) I can only assume that the current look is part of a plan that I hope will make sense when we see the movie.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    Craig's the longest serving, we're the longest suffering! :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Speak for yourself, I personally like him as Bond!

NMS
    nms75 wrote:

Speak for yourself, I personally like him as Bond!

NMS

Again, NMS75, we agree.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Oh Hell, I'd better agree with NP for Balance. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Nope - TP and NP are both wrong! (You knew I was coming! :)) )
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."