SKYFALL in 3D?

Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
edited December 2011 in Skyfall - Bond 23 (2012)
I'm not sure where to post these topics, if this is in the wrong place, remove it or close it. Sorry in advance.

Anyway, I was just wondering what do you guys think about SKYFALL in 3D? I am not saying it will be and I know 3D is nothing but a gimmick and it doesn't really add to the film. However, wouldn't it be interesting to see Bond in 3D?
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    like many I've watched a few 3D movies and can honestly say It has added nothing to either my enjoyment or dislike of any Movie with it, except for taking you out of the make-believe world, as I'm wearing a large pair of 3D Glasses. :))
    Although it is fun to later watch the same film in 2D and spot all the 3D moments shoe-horned in to the Film. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Fortunately it is not being shot in 3D, but unfortunately it is being shot with digital cameras rather than 35mm film like all previous Bond films, so it won't have that unique cinematic look that only shooting on film can provide.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    No thanks.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I think Mendes already confirmed it won't!!!!

Thank god!! -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    Yeah, probably the best not to have Bond in 3D but it would be pretty nice to have the gun barrel scene in 3D? Just that part. Haha. :P
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
    We already had a semi-3D gunbarrel in DAD and that was completely crap!
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    No.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    We already had a semi-3D gunbarrel in DAD and that was completely crap!

I have a feeling being the 50th Anniversary etc that we will see the return of the classic gunbarrel intro
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Yep, hope so. I wonder if they will film it again as DC was in rather a hurry in the QoS one.

To me, Brosnan's was the best, a confident walk and a good turn.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Save 3D for the kiddie films, please. Bond doesn't need it!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I was recently told by a Friend who is a Cinema Projectionist, That at a recent showing of "Immortals 3D" a junior Projectionist
    downloaded for showing the normal 2D version. Most of the audience didn't notice the difference. Many simply said the 3D effects weren't Great. While others said the effects on the backgrounds were the best they'd seen. Leaving me to think 3D is really just marketing Hype and Many people see what they want to see.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    In my humble opinion,3D is mixed bag for any movie goer. The Bond series really does not need it, 3D is better used for Science Fiction and Fantasy movies. I am fine with SkyFall not being a 3D movie.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Fortunately it is not being shot in 3D, but unfortunately it is being shot with digital cameras rather than 35mm film like all previous Bond films, so it won't have that unique cinematic look that only shooting on film can provide.

That's interesting, are most films done like that nowadays? Because if Bond had a niche there it seems a shame to get rid of it... especially seeing as they seem to be trying to get rid of every other niche that Bond had been filling!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Wouldn't want to see 3D for "Skyfall". I would like to see an IMAX release though. IMAX (even the digital version) is about the closest thing we have anymore to 70mm.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    I think that 3D only embellishes films that are really colorful. And even then, it's not something that I've found to be all that necessary. I really hope that Bond is just released in normal 2D like all the other successful movies.