Daniel Craig's Leather jacket on cover of Vanity Fair

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Cruise's hooded silhouette (seen in a customised leather jacket) is an intentionally reoccurring theme for Ethan throughout Ghost Protocol.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    So is anyone keen on actually getting one of the Pattinson/Patterson/Patenson jackets?
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Yes, but would like to see in person. It looks great on Criag but things can be touched up. Let me know if you find a good source.
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    So is anyone keen on actually getting one of the Pattinson/Patterson/Patenson jackets?

I would like to see one up close but what is the price tag?

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    A member over at fj has one that he's posted pics of. You have to be a member to see the thread.

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3178&hilit=pattinson

The same member also happens to have the Yigal Azrouel jacket(unaltered) that Cruise wears in Ghost Protocol. You know, just in case you guys are really curious. I'm never quite sure. :s

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4066&p=61263&hilit=yigal#p61263
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Im pretty keen, sounds like your doing some digging Mantis!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    A member over at fj has one that he's posted pics of. You have to be a member to see the thread.

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3178&hilit=pattinson

The same member also happens to have the Yigal Azrouel jacket(unaltered) that Cruise wears in Ghost Protocol. You know, just in case you guys are really curious. I'm never quite sure. :s

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4066&p=61263&hilit=yigal#p61263

Wow it looks stunning in that brown colour too!!
    The MI4 jacket doesn't look too hard to buy

http://yigal-azrouel.com/product/category/menswear/MCLJKT/item/YM7801

EDIT: Actually it looks a lot different, guess Cruise has a earlier model
    Actually, Kittlemeier is a person I greatly respect when it comes to these types of things, and as he is a more frquent visitor of FJ I am following his lead... :)
    The Mantis wrote:
    Actually, Kittlemeier is a person I greatly respect when it comes to these types of things, and as he is a more frquent visitor of FJ I am following his lead... :)

If memory serves me correct im sure he has the original Dunhill Layer Cake jacket!! Think I read most of the 80 page thread on the FJ forum, that was some bizarre adventure identifying that jacket!!
    I believe you are right about the Layer Cake...
    Not sure if anybody has bothered but I have sent email to Belstaff enquiring about the jacket! -{
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The MI4 jacket doesn't look too hard to buy

http://yigal-azrouel.com/product/category/menswear/MCLJKT/item/YM7801

EDIT: Actually it looks a lot different, guess Cruise has a earlier model

From what the owner says about it, it was altered by removing the left chest pocket and the some of the zips. The one you linked doesn't look like the same leather though, so maybe it is a different season. Looks more like this one.

http://www.styleflavors.com/yigal-azrouel-gum-resin-leather-jacket

This pic supports the removed pocket. See the diagonal zipper impression and stitch holes? You may need a magnifying glass. :p

41905_tcf_setoctober3_012_122_374lo.jpg
    The Mantis wrote:

Thanks, David. I'm no expert on the Belstaffs though. There are several members at fj who know a ton about them. It was one of them that said the black Pattinson will be tough to find.
    welshboy78 wrote:

If memory serves me correct im sure he has the original Dunhill Layer Cake jacket!! Think I read most of the 80 page thread on the FJ forum, that was some bizarre adventure identifying that jacket!!

And that's discounting the twenty or so pages that were blasted, but yes, it's here in the closet. Now that my work season has slowed down, I'm hoping to take it somewhere(not very comfortable shipping it) where a perfect replica can be offered to everyone. I was hoping to have something by now, and the people I've talked to thus far have done everything they could to get one out there, but unfortunately it hasn't happened yet.

And it was Mantis and sruzgar who id'd the Dunhill so they are to thank for that. But you're right, some weird goings on in that story.
    To be honest I never realised that a low budget "Brit" film like Layer Cake would have such a huge fan base for the Jacket DC wears!! I was shocked to see it at the top of the FJ forum with a massive amount of posts!!

I imagine the Dunhill Jacket was very rare and difficult to source once finally identified!! It must be worth a pretty penny!!
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Just watched Layer Cake on Blu Ray the other day. Funny coincidence that it is in active discussion now after my rewatch. Great movie.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    To be honest I never realised that a low budget "Brit" film like Layer Cake would have such a huge fan base for the Jacket DC wears!! I was shocked to see it at the top of the FJ forum with a massive amount of posts!!

I imagine the Dunhill Jacket was very rare and difficult to source once finally identified!! It must be worth a pretty penny!!

I get what you're saying. I loved the movie when I saw it(about two weeks before DC was announced as Bond, so I was thrilled with the announcement), but never noticed the jacket until the thread pointed out the red lining. That's what did it I guess. It's a fairly basic, conservative jacket, although cut nice and trim, that just has this pop of color peeking out. I guess that just works for a lot of people once they notice it.

It was just a matter of checking ebay daily for a year and a half. I only know what it was worth that day. ;)
    My Apogogies to the group and Kittlemeier for the post a couple of days ago.
    I found this on ebay. Since me are talking Layer Cake, one of my favorite movies, does this look like a good replica?
    Paperbill wrote:
    My Apogogies to the group and Kittlemeier for the post a couple of days ago.

Apologies also from this direction. I have a tendency of being somewhat matter of fact that comes off as trying to be a smart ass. I assure you it isn't intentional. I just like to be thorough.
    Paperbill wrote:
    I found this on ebay. Since me are talking Layer Cake, one of my favorite movies, does this look like a good replica?

Can't see it, but so far the only ones that are close are Dan's from Logan's Closet and Soul Revolver's latest one. Their's actually surprised me. Still not right at the back collar and the lining is nowhere near right but the cut, at least on their website, looks pretty good.
    I will wait for yours, Kittlemeier...nothing takes the place of having the real deal in hand for reference!
  • Bomber133Bomber133 Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    I would say not very accurate. The actual Layer Cake jacket is a very dark brown rather than black and the stitching on the chest and sleeve are contrasting.

As Kittlemeier says the Logan's Closet and the Soul Revolver are closest (Soul Revolver is black though rather than brown). Then again both are far more expensive than the link you posted...
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Not sure if anybody has bothered but I have sent email to Belstaff enquiring about the jacket! -{

No reply yet, prob means I won't get one.

Gotta hate companies that don't respond to potential customers :s
    UPDATE: BELSTAFF REPLY - Daniels Vanity Fair Jacket!

Just got this email, not sure if they mean they can provide in black or just the winter version they sell:

Dear Paul,
    First of all we would like to thank you for the preference you have proved to our brand.
    Regarding your enquiry about Daniel Craig's Belstaff jacket, we inform you that this is the Patterson jacket, a sample made especially for the shooting with the actor and which has not been product up to now.
    The winter version of this item would eventually be available in Avid Brown color at the price of 1.073,00 €
    If you are interested in this purchase, please don’t hesitate to let us know your size and your location, so as to organize a shipment in one our Belstaff store.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
    Kindest regards,

info@belstaff.com
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Just got this email, not sure if they mean they can provide in black or just the winter version they sell:

Dear Paul,
    First of all we would like to thank you for the preference you have proved to our brand.
    Regarding your enquiry about Daniel Craig's Belstaff jacket, we inform you that this is the Patterson jacket, a sample made especially for the shooting with the actor and which has not been product up to now.
    The winter version of this item would eventually be available in Avid Brown color at the price of 1.073,00 €
    If you are interested in this purchase, please don’t hesitate to let us know your size and your location, so as to organize a shipment in one our Belstaff store.
    Kindest regards,

info@belstaff.com

At that price, I assume you immediately replied and placed your order, Paul!
    How did you understand / interpret that email??

Are they saying they can only provide Avid Brown??

I have seen it in Avid brown and it is not very nice compared to the regular brown and of course black :#
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    I see you guys posting links to the layer cake jacket with the maroon lining. If anyone is interested i have a wested version i just posted for sale here a few days ago (which in my opinion is the best replica available). Forgive me if you all are discussing another jacket, i just thought I would shamelessly promote my for sale post only since it is being discussed. :)
    welshboy78 wrote:

Dear Paul,
    Kindest regards,

info@belstaff.com

Anybody seriously interested in this jacket?? Considering asking them if they would do a run in black.

On another note I found a brown one on eBay, unfortunately I have been told that Belstaff run quite small hence the one on eBay XL is sadly more like a L.

Here is the link if anybody interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belstaff-Distressed-Brown-Leather-Long-Sleeve-Zip-Up-Jacket-XL-/360429546661?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item53eb466ca5#ht_5441wt_1304
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Actually I'm interested and already went ahead and asked them if they plan to do so or if they had enough interest so far to make a limited run. I encouraged them to go for it and promised to buy one if they did. No bullshit there I would actually buy one.

I won't get my hopes up. If their business model is fixed around high volume sales then forget it. It would interrupt the factory. Only a handful of high end companies do custom made goods... like Crockett & Jones. Then again that's built into their business model. That's in their DNA.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:
    Actually I'm interested and already went ahead and asked them if they plan to do so or if they had enough interest so far to make a limited run. I encouraged them to go for it and promised to buy one if they did. No bullshit there I would actually buy one.

I won't get my hopes up. If their business model is fixed around high volume sales then forget it. It would interrupt the factory. Only a handful of high end companies do custom made goods... like Crockett & Jones. Then again that's built into their business model. That's in their DNA.

Would be quite awesome to get a custom Belstaff. Recommend it if they don't already do so.