Premier of Skyfall

007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
Does anyone know when the premier of Skyfall will be in Leicester Square, London? I'm thinking of camping out so I'm at the front. I've never done this before so if anyone has any tips, let me know. -{
Of course you are

Comments

• Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Aren't the Premiers usually done by invitation for a Charity. So you need to know someone.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Aren't the Premiers usually done by invitation for a Charity. So you need to know someone.

I don't think he means in the theater. I think he is asking about getting outside the barricades where the public can gather and watch and sometimes be greeted by the stars and crew. That area where the actors will walk around before going inside the theater.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    With the film set to open on Friday 26 October, I'd imagine the premier would possible be on the Wednesday before then, or another day in that week, depending on the availability of cast members.
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    I wandered past the Odeon Leicester Square on Saturday as they were preparing for the War Horse premiere. They are doing a lot of work currently to beautify the Square and the room available either side of the red carpet was limited. Camping out in Leicester Square is not encouraged at the best of times though :))

I should expect they are doing this work ahead of the Olympics (although nothing surprises me these days), so it should be clear by October ...
  • 007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech, you are correct, I was referring to the barricades next to the red carpet.

However...Martin Aston, fortunately for me in this instance, I own (if you can own) a housing association which is a registered charity. Who wants to go to the Permiere of Sky Fall...

Ok, how do we get on that list?
    Of course you are
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Hmm, I suppose it goes without saying, but if anyone actually manages to get a seat at the premiere and one for a guest, I would gladly join you. ;) -{
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I went to the QOS premiere. Got there around 9am or so and there was about 20 others there. When they lay the red carpet from the square to the Odeon and put up the barricades we all grabbed a spot at the front. I was right near the doors so saw everyone enter! Even had a Coke Zero Zero 7 in hand. By the time I left I couldn't walk to the tube, my whole body had seized up from cold and standing awkwardly for 10 hours! I got a good snap of DC:
    QOS_prem.jpg

Well worth it. Unfortunately I won't be in the UK for the Skyfall premiere.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    L Square is of course being totally rejigged by the time of the premiere, it's been undergoing renovation work for a year now, so will be totally different, not sure where to stand for the premiere.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I was in London yesterday so went to the Odeon on Leicester Square by chance to enquire about the red carpet event. He said that was not going to be in Leicester Square for SkyFall as the Queen was attending and it was being shown at The Royal Albert Hall. Called the RAH and 'John' said that I was the 2nd person in 15mins to ask him that same question but he 'knew nothing about it'.

Does anyone else know anything about when and where. I want to do me a little stalking!
    Of course you are
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Clarence House has tweeted that the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will attend the world premiere of Skyfall on Tuesday 23rd October.

http://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Cool. So, the Royal Albert Hall on the 23rd October. Has anyone done a red carpet event before? Got any advice or tips?
    Of course you are
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    From my past experience, Try not to fall getting out of the limo.
    Try and look intrested as People Bow and curtsy, Remember to
    ask what people do and wave, you must Keep waving to People,
    they like that kind of thing. :007)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Next!
    Of course you are
    It's official. Fans in the UK can start booking their tickets for Skyfall at the box office from tomorrow! Try booking tickets for the world premiere and see how far you get. :D

http://twitter.com/007/status/246328097467678720/photo/1
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Already got mine :007)
    From Sony Pictures UK.

http://twitpic.com/auehvx

655726605.jpg?key=7881000&Expires=1347617840&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=dipJhSaxYL95y1rVnL1DsOjjwsRj-uz5dSSsY94roCIOv4frfGpdQD9uVKug-X7W1I3dL6KBwPcdAAUVcNL~aWGiKarPGwRS7pvkwtOk422-VcXVkbRyaW1qmChQC1yP-r8EfyIhtwFn7xPWj-tn9p7Y2j9F4nFxDUTQ22W0g~Y_
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I booked IMAX also (first time IMAX) for 1st Nov! Dead centre middle of the cinema!
    Should be chilly in the UK by then so I will prob look like a nerd in my Billy Reid Peacoat
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    A very limited number of tickets to the Royal World Premiere of Skyfall at the Royal Albert Hall will go on general sale at 9am tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. These tickets will be on the Circle level only and will be priced from £50 - £75, plus booking fee. They will be available to buy from www.royalalberthall.com or by calling the box office.

The FULL article.
    Skyfall world premiere to be held at the Royal Albert Hall
    http://life.royalalberthall.com/2012/09/skyfall/
    Moore Than wrote:
    A very limited number of tickets to the Royal World Premiere of Skyfall at the Royal Albert Hall will go on general sale at 9am tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. These tickets will be on the Circle level only and will be priced from £50 - £75, plus booking fee. They will be available to buy from www.royalalberthall.com or by calling the box office.

The FULL article.
    Skyfall world premiere to be held at the Royal Albert Hall
    http://life.royalalberthall.com/2012/09/skyfall/

Did anyone manage to get any of these tickets?

I tried for 45 mins but to no avail. At 8.59 I managed to get throught to the ‘how many tickets would you like’ page and when I went to purchase, it kicked me out. By the time I got back in, they were sold out. I got through to the box office at 9.40 and asked for 3 tickets and she laughed at me. Apparently there were less than 200 tickets.Devastated

If any of you managed to get a ticket, I’ll swap my car, my watch and I’ll even throw in one of my kids in exchange for one. Let me know.
    Of course you are
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Hahahahahahaha. I echo that Dan. Such a shame.

Anyway, I still have ODEON Leicester Square to look forward to on the Saturday.
  • LancasterLancaster Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    Had a go myself - 2 phones and the internet. If I had known so few tickets would have given up earlier!! I do know where you can possibly get them (including pre show reception and red carpet access) for about £1,200 if anyone is interested....I can't afford that, but others might!
    "The distance between insanity and genius is merely success"
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    I did the same, but I'd already registered on the RAH site last night and inadvertantly left it on screen till this morning and it somehow avoided the queue and went straight in at 0900 with a lot of frantic F5 hits and then an agonising wait between screens and then two lots of security on the card, having done all that I now have my ticket receipt. It still took me until 0915 to complete and meanwhile the phonelines and website went into meltdown, think Dr No or TMWTTGG, there is probably still smoke coming out of the RAH :)

I am a VERY happy Meister {[]
    I did the same, but I'd already registered on the RAH site last night and inadvertantly left it on screen till this morning and it somehow avoided the queue and went straight in at 0900 with a lot of frantic F5 hits and then an agonising wait between screens and then two lots of security on the card, having done all that I now have my ticket receipt. It still took me until 0915 to complete and meanwhile the phonelines and website went into meltdown, think Dr No or TMWTTGG, there is probably still smoke coming out of the RAH :)

I am a VERY happy Meister {[]

Well done, Gadget Meister. Im very, very, very envious :v
    Of course you are
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Me too!!!
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Well done ! :007) eBay lists several tickets available, from 999,- to 1200,- . If you're willing to spend seriously, you might as well join the Christie's auction for the Aston Martin package...
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Most of the EBay tickets are standard the £75 ones I have, Viagogo have 4 up for £1200 EACH that include the after show party. Still waiting for my invite from Christies, they're cutting it a bit fine :D
    For £1200, I would want DC to pick me up in the DB5 and walk me down the red carpet and sit me next to her maj and then personally serve me every drink Bond has ever drank.
    Of course you are