Do any of you care about the future Bond girls in Skyfall and beyond??

2»

Comments

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Google pics of Sean Connery and a Bond film title like Thunderball or Dr. No and it sure looks like he really knew how to charm the heck out of women behind the scenes. :))
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    "...but James, I need you"

"Sorry, darling; so does England!"

Days sorely missed!... :(

Bond panders too much to 'PC sensibilities' these days. Get yer 'gadgets' out, Bond! :v
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Cmon - part of the Girl falling for Bond in a millisec of meeting is part of the appeal of Bond and has happened since day 1

I think this is all a bit too serious!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Eagle wrote:
    "...but James, I need you"

"Sorry, darling; so does England!"

Days sorely missed!... :(

Bond panders too much to 'PC sensibilities' these days. Get yer 'gadgets' out, Bond! :v

I agree - I can even see such lines being delivered by Daniel Craig in a dry Connery way, wish they would chuck these lines back in! They would work even with DCs more serious Bond and lighten things up!!
    zaphod wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:
    I thought Vesper by Eva Green was one of the most desirable characters I've seen in many years. Intelligent, bold, gorgeous, witty. She had a lot of attractive characteristics to me. Sure, she wasn't perfect in the end, but as a companion to Bond I thought she was fantastic.

Swimming against the tide I know, but she left me completely cold. I loved the whip smart dialogue on the Train, and bought the antagonism, but could not see the traits and qualities which caused Bond to fall for her so completely. It's one of the few weaknesses in CR for me that the love affair seems a bit rushed. One wonders what was left on the cutting room floor in order to squeeze in the unessessary collapsing building scene.

Eva Green blew hot and cold for me!! :)

In some scenes (well most actually) I found her unattractive however the odd scene (the one where she is getting ready in the mirror during the Tux scene , looking a bit more natural and less makeup etc) she was quite alright!! :D
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    zaphod wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:
    I thought Vesper by Eva Green was one of the most desirable characters I've seen in many years. Intelligent, bold, gorgeous, witty. She had a lot of attractive characteristics to me. Sure, she wasn't perfect in the end, but as a companion to Bond I thought she was fantastic.

Swimming against the tide I know, but she left me completely cold. I loved the whip smart dialogue on the Train, and bought the antagonism, but could not see the traits and qualities which caused Bond to fall for her so completely. It's one of the few weaknesses in CR for me that the love affair seems a bit rushed. One wonders what was left on the cutting room floor in order to squeeze in the unessessary collapsing building scene.

Eva Green blew hot and cold for me!! :)

In some scenes (well most actually) I found her unattractive however the odd scene (the one where she is getting ready in the mirror during the Tux scene , looking a bit more natural and less makeup etc) she was quite alright!! :D

I agree that she looks best in that scene, otherwise I also found her unattractive. Be prepared though, she has a lot of supporters here who will regard us as heretics. Just goes to show how much this is all down to personal preference. It was not all about her looks, I found her voice very clipped and brittle. Probably perfect for the role in some respects, but I have had the same reaction seeing her in other things.
  • JohnMastersonJohnMasterson MinnesotaPosts: 326MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:
    It was not all about her looks, I found her voice very clipped and brittle. Probably perfect for the role in some respects, but I have had the same reaction seeing her in other things.

I liked it when Eva Green was Morgan Pendragon in Camelot...But I might be in the minority on this.
    "Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you." Jor-El ~ Man of Steel (2013)
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:
    It was not all about her looks, I found her voice very clipped and brittle. Probably perfect for the role in some respects, but I have had the same reaction seeing her in other things.

I liked it when Eva Green was Morgan Pendragon in Camelot...But I might be in the minority on this.

Eva wasn't really my type in CR, either. Too brittle. Too crisp. But she had great rapport with Craig, and brought some substance to the role, so the relationship worked for me. I hope they replicate that chemistry in Skyfall. But if they don't, I'll just lust after Naomie Harris... :D
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    edited February 2012
    I thought she felt like a woman that Bond wanted as a total companion for his usual attractions, intelligent interactions, and business. It seemed like he was both attracted to her and wholly impressed by her.
    cdsdss wrote:
    zaphod wrote:

Eva wasn't really my type in CR, either. Too brittle. Too crisp. But she had great rapport with Craig, and brought some substance to the role, so the relationship worked for me. I hope they replicate that chemistry in Skyfall. But if they don't, I'll just lust after Naomie Harris... :D
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    That's a good way of putting it.