Tow, Tow, Tow your passangers, gently through the reef..

There is a scene in the LALD novel, where Solitaire and Bond are towed behind the boat, all tied together. I was just wondering, is this the scene portrayed in FYEO, the film?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'd just like to know because it's one of my favourites. As you'd know by my name :))

Comments

• Sir_Hugo_DraxSir_Hugo_Drax Beneath the Flat Stone Posts: 40MI6 Agent
    Yes it is. Several key portions of the novel were omitted in the film adaption of LALD but some were eventually translated into the film canon in later entries - luckily for us, LALD is one of my favourite novels. Apart form the keelhauling scene appearing in FYEO other notable scenes include Felix and sharks appearing in LTK as the framing device, the warehouse shootout also in LTK and I always felt that Bond's fight with Obanno on the staircase in CR was derived from Bond's struggle with Tee-Hee on the stairs, only vamped-up. But maybe that's just me. -{
    Then he looked again at Bond and spoke very quietly, the red moustache lifting slowly from the splayed upper teeth.
    "I should spend the money quickly, Commander Bond," he said.
    Then he turn away from the table and walked swiftly out of the room.
  • Mrs.BryceMrs.Bryce Posts: 139MI6 Agent
    Thanks for that Sir_Hugo!
    And yes, I noticed those being in LTK! I was just like, Weow! I know this scene!

I never thought of the Tee Hee/Obanno scene like that, very interesting. I did love that escape though, in the book. He would've been sore after that :))
    I particulalry enjoy the scenes they did keep in the movie though, the Tee Hee finger snapping sequence and the Table Z scene being favourites, even if they were changed a bit. But I'm glad they kept the voodoo theme with Baron Samedi and especially Solitaire, she's like my favourite Bond girl!

I can always remember the name of the chapter 'He disagreed with something that ate him'; so it really annoys me when people are like 'woah, that card they left on Leiter in LTK makes no sense', I'm just like 'Oh, but it does' :v