Naomie Harris doing her own stunts

Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
Speaking at the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) at London's Royal Opera House on Sunday night (12.02.12) she told BANG Showbiz: "I'm trying to do all my own stunts. I've done them all so far. In a couple of weeks we've got another big stunt thing, so I don't know if I can do all of them. But I'm trying to!"

On Daniel Craig. "Daniel is amazing. We do 12-14 hours of filming and then after, every day, he does two hours on top of that in the gym. He works so hard and he's always in a great mood. I really adore him.

For the full article click on the link below.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/naomie-harris-doing-her-own-bond-stunts-139206719.html

bang_imgjpg78066daa4436e593b3d786964d7353bc940ca170.jpg
Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

Comments

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Nice to hear they have their hearts in it.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Hmmmmm, another big stunt in a couple of weeks. Wonder where this will take place and what it involves.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    She can stunt me anytime :))

Dang, that made sense in my head...
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Don't worry chum - we KNOW what you meant! :))
    cdsdss wrote:
    She can stunt me anytime :))

Dang, that made sense in my head...
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Speaking at the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) at London's Royal Opera House on Sunday night (12.02.12) she told BANG Showbiz: "I'm trying to do all my own stunts. I've done them all so far. In a couple of weeks we've got another big stunt thing, so I don't know if I can do all of them. But I'm trying to!"

On Daniel Craig. "Daniel is amazing. We do 12-14 hours of filming and then after, every day, he does two hours on top of that in the gym. He works so hard and he's always in a great mood. I really adore him.

For the full article click on the link below.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/naomie-harris-doing-her-own-bond-stunts-139206719.html

At some point either whilst in production, or during promotion we get the same schtick re the actor playing Bond. I remember almost the same words being used by Halle Berry re Pierce. I suspect it's standard EON practice with tiny script variations. Not that I don't think it's true in Daniel's case, as even his most ardent detractors would acknowledge that he really does give it everything he's got.

bang_imgjpg78066daa4436e593b3d786964d7353bc940ca170.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It always makes me laugh when Actors go on about "Doing their own stunts" :)) when Infact
    as H Ford said that means they'll do running jumpimg and falling down. :D
    And as for actors putting in a long day, Hey why not ask some Mininum wage factory worker
    doing 14 hour shifts :v
    Actors are indeed a funny breed.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    It always makes me laugh when Actors go on about "Doing their own stunts" :)) when Infact
    as H Ford said that means they'll do running jumpimg and falling down. :D
    And as for actors putting in a long day, Hey why not ask some Mininum wage factory worker
    doing 14 hour shifts :v
    Actors are indeed a funny breed.

You taking the piss out of the toils and tribulations of actors and all the hardwork they put in on our behalf, or what? ;)
    Daniel_Craig_47441.jpg

All this working out For Bond is taking it's toll. :))

and all for what? a few Million Bucks :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Daniel_Craig_47441.jpg

All this working out For Bond is taking it's toll. :))

and all for what? a few Million Bucks :D

And think of all those sacrifices he's had to make regarding his private life, too. Worst thing about being a movie star, that; you have to do it in public.... :o
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Probably my fault for not highlighting it. I am a little surprised that no one has made reference (given the reported cutbacks) to Naomie's comment "Sometimes it feels like a low budget film, which is fantastic. I forget it's Bond".
    Given the talk of Cutbacks and less location work, It probably feels like a low budget movie. Although
    we do have the Exotic Location of Bognor to look forward to. B-) Mabey that's some of the stunts
    Naomie is worried about, having to come out of the sea there. :D It will be that cold she'll look like
    something out off Avatar.
    My take is that she is referring to a more intimate, personal atmosphere that would more likely be found on the set of a low budget film as opposed to an expensive blockbuster like a Bond film. Her statement doesn't indicate that Skyfall is being made on a low budget. Big difference.
    Moore Than wrote:
    Probably my fault for not highlighting it. I am a little surprised that no one has made reference (given the reported cutbacks) to Naomie's comment "Sometimes it feels like a low budget film, which is fantastic. I forget it's Bond".
    My take is that she is referring to a more intimate, personal atmosphere that would more likely be found on the set of a low budget film as opposed to an expensive blockbuster like a Bond film. Her statement doesn't indicate that Skyfall is being made on a low budget. Big difference.
    Moore Than wrote:

I agree with your take. I highlighted Naomie's comments for debate purposes not because I believe Skyfall will be low budget. Looking at the You Tube footage and all the pics from the recent filming in London should convince just about anyone that Skyfall is going to be anything but a low budget film.
    Sounds like we're on the same page, friend. I just hope we're right!
    Moore Than wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:

I agree with your take. I highlighted Naomie's comments for debate purposes not because I believe Skyfall will be low budget. Looking at the You Tube footage and all the pics from the recent filming in London should convince just about anyone that Skyfall is going to be anything but a low budget film.
    I don't know if this has been posted before, But here's the girls Talking at the BAFTA's
    http://youtu.be/Dm177-F4nP0

I like the "We're not big on locations this year " quote. :))
    I don't know if this has been posted before, But here's the girls Talking at the BAFTA's
    http://youtu.be/Dm177-F4nP0

I like the "We're not big on locations this year " quote. :))

The line, "...and apparently, Cubby used to lay on champagne at lunch time for all the cast and crew. This time we're having to put up with cans of Heineken served at room temperature" has been omitted, however. B-)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

Agreed. At 100 million plus "Skyfall" is not even remotely a "low budget" film.
    Naomie Harris has promised to bring "brains and ambition" to the role of Eve.

"It is one dimensional when Bond girls are just glamorous and beautiful. As Bond becomes more human, women in his life have to evolve to match this change. They need to have more potential for a man like James Bond to fall in love with them. He will not be attracted to a woman who is merely beautiful. They have to be equal to Bond."

"I love playing strong, independent women onscreen and that's what drew me to the character of field agent Eve. She is very capable, intelligent and ambitious. She wants to be seen as the new Bond and that's what she is aiming for and I love that ambition in her."

The FULL article
    I play a very ambitious Bond girl in Skyfall
    http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20120197843&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=hollywood&nid=190490
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Blah Blah Blah...
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Bond_James_Bond, wrote :
    Blah Blah Blah...

Have to agree the same old " I'm not just a bimbo Bond girl " quote.
    Naomie Harris is certainly talking up her role as Eve. Strong, independent, intelligent and ambitious. It looks like there will be plenty of sparks flying between her and Bond. Let us hope for some good dialogue. Otherwise, I have this feeling in the back of my mind that Eve could turn out to be one of those annoying Bond girls.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Otherwise, I have this feeling in the back of my mind that Eve could turn out to be one of those annoying Bond girls.

I have this nagging feeling too, she sounds like she is going to be a hard arse side kick which more often then not is annoying and cheesy however I do have faith in Mendes that he will get the balance right, if she is too annoying hopefully she will be bumped off!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    It seems to me that any time there is the slightest hint that there will be a stronger, more independent female character in a Bond film a lot of my fellow male fans seem threatened. Why is that? I always find the interplay between Bond and a strong female character (e.g. Pam Bouvier, Xenia Onatopp, Wei Ling, Elektra King, and Vesper Lynd) to be much more interesting than another episode of "Bond and His Bimbos"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    It seems to me that any time there is the slightest hint that there will be a stronger, more independent female character in a Bond film a lot of my fellow male fans seem threatened. Why is that? I always find the interplay between Bond and a strong female character (e.g. Pam Bouvier, Xenia Onatopp, Wei Ling, Elektra King, and Vesper Lynd) to be much more interesting than another episode of "Bond and His Bimbos"

True but Harris seems to have been built up as some all action sidekick which is a little bit different (mainly as she is not a villain I guess). Far too early to speculate too much I guess, I think I need to stop reading spoilers especially the clapperboard order as the films starting to get far too much structure in my head!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Bond_James_Bond, wrote :
    Blah Blah Blah...

Have to agree the same old " I'm not just a bimbo Bond girl " quote.

Haven't we heard this on every 007 movie since Goldfinger?
    I remember Honor Blackman saying the same thing!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Not a big fan of Wei Ling and Elektra King but I really do like the others, especially Pam Bouvier. If Eve can have the same type of dynamic/chemistry and good dialogue with Bond as Pam did then I will be happy. The nagging feeling I have is that the dynamic/chemistry and good dialogue will not be the same and that Eve may come across as too strong, too loud and annoying. Time will tell.
    Yep - we'll see.
    Moore Than wrote:

Not a big fan of Wei Ling and Elektra King but I really do like the others, especially Pam Bouvier. If Eve can have the same type of dynamic/chemistry and good dialogue with Bond as Pam did then I will be happy. The nagging feeling I have is that the dynamic/chemistry and good dialogue will not be the same and that Eve may come across as too strong, too loud and annoying. Time will tell.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Naomie Harris is certainly talking up her role as Eve. Strong, independent, intelligent and ambitious. It looks like there will be plenty of sparks flying between her and Bond. Let us hope for some good dialogue. Otherwise, I have this feeling in the back of my mind that Eve could turn out to be one of those annoying Bond girls.

The dreaded Jinx anyone ? Spare us the Bond's equal BS please
    A Video Blog of Naomie Harris doing weapons training and talking about her role as Eve is available on the link below.

007 Skyfall featurette - Naomie Harris video blog
    http://movies.uk.msn.com/trailers-and-clips?videoid=2t80jf0t
  • BenTaylorBenTaylor Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I agree with Naomie - Daniel is amazing! B-)