Bond in Motion

2»

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited March 2013
    See below as a teaser! :D how to spoil a perfectly good Aston! (Several actually!)
    Top one is actually wearing very good FX make up the scratch marks are painted on according to the write up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Nice photos -{
    To be honest If I had an Aston it would probably
    end up looking like that. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thanks i have another 100 plus photos i could share :D

Actually there is an interesting little exhibition at Beau on the SOE training camp that was there back in WW2 so it really is a true home for spies!

I know what you mean too much temptation to give it some welly!

Here is the one sold at Christies - the write up made me laugh there was no guarantee it was road worthy, it had a flat tyre and steering wheel on the wring side, still went for 150k

image.jpg
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    Great photos Bond44! Would love to see your other photos.
    Do you have a link to them please?
    A group of us are planning to go over Easter, I'll post the date we are going when it's confirmed if any one wants to meet us there. :-)
    Thanks NSD I never thought of making my shots public. I would not want to spoil your trip :D

However here are a few more teasers and if you do go let me know - its a 2 hour jaunt or me but would be a shame to waste my free entry tickets! (Good Top Gear exhibit as well if it remains)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Here's the BMW sold at Christies that wasn't I think it was a BMW shell on a Chrysler chassis or something (same situation as the CR Aston DBS it was. DB9 with a DBS shell as it was not production ready). What the eye cannot see the heart cannot greave - just goes to show they can do anything in films B-)

image.jpg
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    Brilliant shots!
    I want to go right now!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Great shots. -{
    Must of been a fantastic day. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited March 2013
    Thanks guys, yes it is a good day out. Maybe I am getting old but I was expecting to just wiz around and go yeah great a bunch of cars. But when I got there after a while I was started to appreciate what i was viewing and it dawned that these are the cars you actually saw in the films AMAZING! Don't ask me why, then I thought how cool it was that someone had drawn all these items together (I am not sure all are a private collection EON must have contributed). They really should have a permanent home and be on constant display or it would be a travesty.

I also understand the SF display has grown beyond just the bikes with additional Landrovers and scale DB5

Throw in the SOE Exhibit, the original National Car Museum and the Top Gear exhibit (of which I am also a fan those guys probably have the second best job in the world after DC) and I was in heaven, cannot say the same for the family son was fine but the girls just thought it was a bunch of Cars!

Watch out as you can also get an auto jumble and boat jumble thrown in on certain weekends as well

Cheers
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Nice report, Bond44! I'd love to visit the place, but coming from outside the U.K. it's quite a trip to get there. :#
    Yes i was lucky and anyone UK based should certainly take advantage. However for anyone else if you are passing through London see the Bond sights of London and take a day trip to Bond in Motion as well you will not regret it! B-)

Cheers
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Richard Kiel will be appearing at the Bond In Motion exhibition on Sunday 26th May. On the day visitors will be able to purchase Richard's autobiography, 'Making it Big in the Movies' plus copies of his official photographs. He will happily sign your purchases and pose for a photograph with you. Richard will also be accompanied by Blanche Ravelec, who played his true love 'Dolly' in Moonraker.

RICHARD "JAWS" KIEL VISITS BOND IN MOTION
    http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/attractions/bond-in-motion/bond-richard-kiel-visit
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)