Dame Judi: My battle to save eyesight

Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
Sad news. Dame Judi Dench has been diagnosed with macular degeneration which can lead to blindness. "I can't read scripts any more because of the trouble with my eyes. And so somebody comes in and reads them to me, like telling me a story". Hopefully the recent treatment she had will help.

READ THE FULL INTERVIEW.
Dame Judi: My battle to save my eyesight
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dame-judi-denchs-eyesight-battle-689976
Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Dame Judi Dench has stated in an e-mail sent to Reuters that "I do not wish for this to be overblown. This condition is something that thousands and thousands of people all over the world are having to contend with. It's something that I have learnt to cope with and adapt to - and it will not lead to blindness".

The FULL ARTICLE.
    Judi Dench says she's not going blind.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/02/20/uk-judidench-eyesight-idUKTRE81J0X420120220
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,298MI6 Agent
    Be a blessing in disguise with an ugly co-star like Craig... :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Terrible illness affecting far too many....
    But brave lady adapting to her challenge..
    Wish her well....
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Wow! That was pretty harsh!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • JohnMastersonJohnMasterson MinnesotaPosts: 326MI6 Agent

Good thing, Ray Stevenson isn't James Bond instead of Daniel Craig because you'd probably think that guy is ugly too. And God forbid, 007 looks like an ugly bad-ass who could possibly kick your ass, as opposed to a pretty boy, who looks like he can't kick your ass.
    "Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you." Jor-El ~ Man of Steel (2013)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Do you have to be ugly, to be able to Kick someone's ass ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    ke02eww wrote:
    Terrible illness affecting far too many....
    But brave lady adapting to her challenge..
    Wish her well....

Thank you, ke02eww. I was beginning to think there was no love or affection for Dame Judi Dench here at AJB.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    no, Moore than, don't get Nap wrong.

I am sure, that he also feels for Dame Judy - and I do very much also - my grandmother suffered the same.

All the best to you and the thousands that suffer the same. And let us be remembered, that health, vision and life in general is a precious gift. We should make the best out of it!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Gary Stretch former boxer and male model, won 23 out of 25fights. Lost to Eubanks in 1991 on points although watching the fight at the time I would have put Stretch slightly ahead.
    He then turned to acting and Apparantly was even screen tested for the role of Bond.
    Thought I would mention this just to prove your point Thunderpussy old chap.
    Iam sure NP was having a joke at Old man Dans expense and not at Dame Judys problems.
    Bondtoys wrote:

Dear Nap can be quite mischievous at times. Bit like someone else I know close to home. :v
    He even said "Up yours, Moore Than!!!" the other day. Such a nice chap.
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Sad news. She's a national treasure. I hope it doesn't prevent her from continuing to act.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the rumours that she will be leaving as M and Raplh Fiennes taking over.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Gary Stretch former boxer and male model, won 23 out of 25fights. Lost to Eubanks in 1991 on points although watching the fight at the time I would have put Stretch slightly ahead.
    He then turned to acting and Apparantly was even screen tested for the role of Bond.
    Thought I would mention this just to prove your point Thunderpussy old chap.
    Iam sure NP was having a joke at Old man Dans expense and not at Dame Judys problems.

Erm, Stretch was knocked out in the 6th round....

... which suggests that if Stretch wasn't goodlooking, he'd have won. :)) ;)
    Well All I know is I'm incredibly Good Looking, Beautiful and Drop Dead Georgeous. I make G Clooney
    look like Jack Elam, And I can Kick anyone's ass Big time. Although That might have more to
    do with the medication I'm on at the moment. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    He was knocked down in the 6th not knocked out and he also lost a point for allegedly pushing
    Eubank down and in fact he was knocked down twice but got back up twice so surely this alone is testimony to what a tough bloke he must be, because I doubt there are many who could get up after wearing one from Eubank.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    He was knocked down in the 6th not knocked out and he also lost a point for allegedly pushing
    Eubank down and in fact he was knocked down twice but got back up twice so surely this alone is testimony to what a tough bloke he must be, because I doubt there are many who could get up after wearing one from Eubank.

TKO 6.

My point was really that he didn't lose on points but was stopped, joking really that it was his looks after all that cost him the fight ;)

Fact is, I don't hold with JamesMasterson's bollocks that only ugly buggers can be fighters, either.
    Hear, hear,I know many forces personnel who could be and indeed some have been models and are as tough as hell.

Well, according to Craig Ferguson if you're a skinny fail pretty boy like Pierce Brosnan anybody can kick your ass! ;)
    "Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you." Jor-El ~ Man of Steel (2013)
    This is just the kind of prejudice, Stunningly Beautiful People like Me have to put up with. :007)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,298MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

Dear Nap can be quite mischievous at times. Bit like someone else I know close to home. :v
    He even said "Up yours, Moore Than!!!" the other day. Such a nice chap.

That wasn't me, that was the Sex Pistols when you were banging on about Abba.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I think the time has come to get back on topic and raise the class of the debate somewhat. Partially my fault (I know) for referring to Nap's "Up yours" comment. Too many a**, ugly, bo**ocks and bu**er comments.

It's a funny old world. You start a debate regarding Dame Judi Dench's eyesight and it ends up being as much about boxing.
    This is just the kind of prejudice, Stunningly Beautiful People like Me have to put up with. :007)

Hey, I was just repeating what Craig Ferguson said on his talk show after Pierce Brosnan was let go from the James Bond series. Ferguson said that Pierce was a nice guy and a great actor but that Ferguson could probably kick Brosnan's ass, and that anybody could kick Brosnan's ass. Anyway I was just reciting it, because it was funny. It was extremely funny to see Craig Ferguson mocking a pretty boy like Pierce Brosnan.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Bodie wrote:
    Sad news. She's a national treasure. I hope it doesn't prevent her from continuing to act.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the rumours that she will be leaving as M and Raplh Fiennes taking over.

This video below should answer your question. The answer is at the end of the under two minute video.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/ap/top-news/judi-dench-announces-shes-going-blind/vF7Gm/
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I got to shadow a doctor last year who is pioneering techniques for treating this condition. Very cool research and very kind patients.

I wish her the best and hope she doesn't have too much trouble.
    Don't worry JohnMasterson, I'm not really that Beautiful, Just stunning. :))

Well, considering that I'm a poor judge of male beauty, since I'm no homo, I'm gonna have to take your word for it.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent

Well, considering that I'm a poor judge of male beauty, since I'm no homo, I'm gonna have to take your word for it.

I guess that kind of language and attitudes was acceptable back in Ian Flemings day, JohnMasterson. Today I`m not so sure.
    Obviously, "the term Tongue in cheek" has a diferent meaning to you John. :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters

:#

:p
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM