When will filming wrap?

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
Just wondered, they seem to be doing a lot of stuff around London currently. It seems to have been going on a long time already.

When will it move into post-production ie editing, score, effects and so on?
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    As I understand from reading elsewhere, filming is due to begin in Turkey (Adana/Istanbul) very shortly. It is expected to take two to three months. I imagine the interiors at Pinewood must be nearly complete by now. So it looks to me that post-production will begin in May/June.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I wonder if they're running behind. In December I read an article that they were going to shoot the railroad bridge scene in Turkey in February, but do the scene in Istanbul first. I haven't read of any shooting in Istanbul (probably hard to keep secret) and if it's an action scene (probable) it will take a couple of weeks to shoot, which puts the train scene off into March. Meanwhile, Mendes is re-shooting scenes in London because he wasn't happy with the lighting.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    I hope the last sentence is true, in that past films have really suffered from poor weather. Normally the Thames in the morning looks great, azure blue, but when the filmed TWINE it was all dingy and grey, nothing spesh.

NSNA was cursed in that regard. You know, who turned off the sun, as Raymond Benson wrote.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I wonder if they're running behind. In December I read an article that they were going to shoot the railroad bridge scene in Turkey in February, but do the scene in Istanbul first. I haven't read of any shooting in Istanbul (probably hard to keep secret) and if it's an action scene (probable) it will take a couple of weeks to shoot, which puts the train scene off into March. Meanwhile, Mendes is re-shooting scenes in London because he wasn't happy with the lighting.

You may be right regarding them running behind. I have come across an article from the Daily News (Turkey and region) dated January 10th 2012. I cannot vouch for it's reliability but it does reveal a fair amount of detail regarding personnel, locations and dates.

007 producers visit mayor for support
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/007-producers-visit-mayor-for-support.aspx?pageID=238&nID=11085&NewsCatID=381
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    Talking of deadlines, the Sun on Sunday launches next weekend.

Expect some Elliot Carver-style world politics machinations from Murdoch? :D Warships near the Falklands, or venturing into Iranian waters.... :o

"There's no news.... like bad news."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

You may be right regarding them running behind. I have come across an article from the Daily News (Turkey and region) dated January 10th 2012. I cannot vouch for it's reliability but it does reveal a fair amount of detail regarding personnel, locations and dates.

007 producers visit mayor for support
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/007-producers-visit-mayor-for-support.aspx?pageID=238&nID=11085&NewsCatID=381

With how much they still have left to shoot, I was wondering if it was still on schedule or not. I assume they won't let it affect the release date, though.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I saw a recent quote from Naomi Harris (last few days) that they intend to wrap in May. I don't see how this can be possible. The Istanbul scene is supposed to take 25 days to shoot (10 days of actual filming) and the train scene is supposed to take six weeks. Allowing for a few days off, that gets you into June and it seems like they'll need at least a couple of weeks to film Craig in Surrey for the grand finale.