Time to really start avoiding spoilers, esp on mi6-hq.com

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
It's getting easy to piece stuff together, and I would avoid mi6-hq.com which always flags up its tastiest news items on the home page.

I have been stung having a look at that site for a bit of alternative chat. ('What, like we can't see other people?')

Hard to do, but worth remembering.
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Adulterer.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    But honey! I was thinking of you! :#

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I have not been avoiding any spoilers to date but I was surprised by the latest news item on the home page of MI6. If they insist on putting that sort of thing on their home page it should come with a different title and spoiler warning.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I'm avoiding them now. I barely even read this section of the threads now for fear of the plot details getting to my eyes.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    I have not been avoiding any spoilers to date but I was surprised by the latest news item on the home page of MI6. If they insist on putting that sort of thing on their home page it should come with a different title and spoiler warning.

Just to clear things up. I was surprised by the latest news item being on the home page of MI6. I was surprised they revealed a key plot detail without any spoiler/warning. I was not surprised by the key plot detail itself as I already knew it.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the heads-up. I actually avoided reading those....but it was very tempting.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    It's not just that (not sure I got spoiled on plot stuff) it's the locations that aren't what they seem... imagine if every Pinewood location had been flagged up before the Bond films we see and shown up as not what they really are.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    Yes this is the time
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the warning indeed. Over here in the US we only have eight months ("only" haha) until Skyfall comes out and i think now is the time to tune out to build the suspense for the premiere.
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    I also try to avoid the spoilers (except a few pictures here and there).
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?