Homage to 50 years.

superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
Instead of all the silly nods to previous films, I.e Halle pretending to be Ursula or Gemma pretending to be Shirley only with oil instead of gold paint, why not bring the release date of Bond23 forward by 3weeks to October the 6 the same date as Dr No was released 50 years ago.
A far better tribute IMO.

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    I see what you mean, though of course there'll be no such homages in Skyfall.

But the anniversary some weeks earlier than the actual date allows a double dip in publicity, where the tabloids can go mad over the anniversary, then stoke it up again for the release of Skyfall.

Otherwise, Skyfall's release may get overshadowed by the hand of history.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    i don't think you'll need any homages in Skyfall to give a tip of the hat to 50 years of bond.

I think the publicity, merchandise, books, cd's, dvd's, blueray's, t shirts, museum exhibitions, and official piss up party/premeire will do the job sufficiently :p
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I see what you mean, though of course there'll be no such homages in Skyfall.

Sadly the nature of Daniel Craig's Bond being a new start almost means that there will be homage scenes in Skyfall. I just hope that they aren't as bad and in your face as the ones in Quantum of Solace and Die Another Day.

I'll be happy with an illustrated teaser poster for the 50th Anniversary. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks with the teaser trailer release. Which I won't be watching.
    "Better late than never."