Activision announces "007 LEGENDS"

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Some screenshots of the game including one of Fort Knox in Goldfinger.

X BOX - 007 LEGENDS
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/007-Legends/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608d8

screenlg3.jpg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • GoldenEye85GoldenEye85 Posts: 278MI6 Agent
    007 Legends has also just been announced for Nintendo's new Wii U which is releasing on November 18th in the USA.
    1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    All right, I was hoping that Activision would port it to the Wii U.
  • GordoLeiterGordoLeiter Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    I dont recall a fully armed 007 going to Fort Knox in Goldfinger :#
    Here is an article from the Mail Online in which associate producer at Activision, Dino Verano, reveals some details about what fans can expect.

Interview - 007 Legends (Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / Wii U)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2202910/Science-tech-Interview--007-Legends-Xbox-360--PS3--PC--Wii-U.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    The achievement list for 007 Legends has been revealed. The list includes Goldfinger, which appears to confirm it as one of the missions in the game though it has yet to be officially announced.

007 Legends Achievements
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/007-legends/achievements/
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    The achievement list for 007 Legends has been revealed. The list includes Goldfinger, which appears to confirm it as one of the missions in the game though it has yet to be officially announced.

007 Legends Achievements
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/007-legends/achievements/

Bah! They have some achievements with odd point numbers. Generally, achievements end in 0 or 5. They have one that is 12, one that is 16, and one that is 7. You must get all three to get you gamerscore back on track after getting any one of them.

Oh well. Okay list, anyways.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Last night I poured over the official Legends site blurb to see if there is any Voicecast news - one entry mentions that Michael Lonsdale and Richard Kiel are back as Drax and Jaws, along with Mr Craig, Ms Harris and Mr Kinnear as Bond, Eve and Tanner.

So maybe, just maybe, the others mentioned are going to be all present and correct? Though if Goldfinger is one of the missions as it appears to be, I'm stumped how they will make that work without Mr Frobe.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if this game will be available for the Wii U when that comes out?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:
    Does anyone know if this game will be available for the Wii U when that comes out?

Yes it will be.
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Time for my brain dead question - Is Legends a self contained game, - where Internet is not reacquired to play, more like Assassins Creed, where you can play offline if need be, but really needs to be online or one of those MORPG's thats completely Internet dependent? :s
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Yes it will be.

Great news :D
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

Jarvio wrote:

There may be a bit of a wait, but chances are it will hit around the Wii U launch.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/007-legends-confirmed-for-wii-u/
  • WordsAndDreamsWordsAndDreams Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Time for my brain dead question - Is Legends a self contained game, - where Internet is not reacquired to play, more like Assassins Creed, where you can play offline if need be, but really needs to be online or one of those MORPG's thats completely Internet dependent? :s

This is self contained like most console games. You can play it offline, but there are also online features like multiplayer and DLC (and patches). You might be able to do offline LAN multiplayer too, not sure though. So yeah, the first type you described.

This is self contained like most console games. You can play it offline, but there are also online features like multiplayer and DLC (and patches). You might be able to do offline LAN multiplayer too, not sure though. So yeah, the first type you described.

Yes, the actual missions are largely intended for play alone and offline. The multiplayer segments require online, but are separate and optional to play outside of completing the main scripted levels.
    Goldfinger has now been confirmed as one of the missions in 007 Legends. Here is the trailer.

007 Legends: Goldfinger Mission Unveiled
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEOdLt3oIg
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    It's James Bond and for some reason I have little to no interest in this game. I think it's seeing Daniel Craig in all these classic Bond scenes combined with the FPS. Goldeneye maybe I can understand. It's one title. But seeing all these is probably too much for me.
    "Better late than never."
  • JuliusNoJuliusNo Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    The whole Daniel Craig thing puts me off too. Just looking at a few clips of it too, you just know the missions will be loosely based on the original film its taken from.They will add in silly little things that have nothing to do with the original films. :(|)
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    0132072001347980084.jpg
    Celebrating 50 years of Bond yet they decide to : 1. Slap Daniel Craig into the classic films, 2. Except for Goldfinger they chose some of the crapiest movies as missions ans 3. ALL of them are run and gun missions.
    Celebrating 50 years of Bond yet they decide to : 1. Slap Daniel Craig into the classic films, 2. Except for Goldfinger they chose some of the crapiest movies as missions ans 3. ALL of them are run and gun missions.

Plus the front cover includes DAD and MR... 2 of the least popular bond movies of all...

edited September 2012
    0132072001347980084.jpg

This isn't final art, from what I understand. The official cover is still unrevealed and sites like Amazon have the official stand-in cover on display until then.

41xrV%2BVUidL._AA300_.jpg
    Im also wondering if they are trying to make it seem like the past Bond actors didnt exist.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Im glad you say that is not the official cover - it looks nothing like Daniel Craig lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im glad you say that is not the official cover - it looks nothing like Daniel Craig lol

Or a very old Daniel Craig

Well, perhaps the screenwriter got to choose these in collaboration with EON and Activision?

It seems they wanted to choose one film from each of the actor's Bonds, along with a closing adaptation of SkyFall. It was also probably decided early on that they could not afford to use the likeness of all 6 Bonds, so they felt they could handle this Goldeneye: Reloaded style by stringing them together as new adaptations using Daniel Craig's Bond universe.

So,

1. It would probably cost way too much to integrate the 6 Bond likenesses into a game paying tribute to the 6 Bond eras.

2. OHMSS and Goldfinger seem to be the only great source materials being drawn from, with SkyFall having a chance to impress still. Moonraker, The Living Daylights, and Die Another Day have the disadvantage of being somewhat less popular in the film franchise, but still could be entirely enjoyable in the game experience and new adaptations.

3. Not sure what you mean here. Yes, this is a shooter like almost all Bond games, but I think we've seen hints like in Moonraker remaining undiscovered and Die Another Day's ice hotel that there may be a mix of story and stealth opportunities woven in.

Generally, if a game is a shooter though, what else do you expect its missions to be?
    Im also wondering if they are trying to make it seem like the past Bond actors didnt exist.

I'd say not at all. If they wanted people to forget those Bond's and those Bond eras, they would have simply done what was expected and made this fall's release a licensed SkyFall game. This is a tribute to the history of the franchise, even if they can't manage to do the ideal arrangement of all the original Bonds in separate worlds.

And several characters that originally appeared in the featured previous Bond stories are returning to be integrated with a cohesive Craig universe.
    what the missions should have been :

1- Doctor No
    2 - Goldfinger
    3 - A View to a Kill
    4 - Living Daylights
    5 - Tommorow Never Dies
    6 - Skyfall

PS - I dont hate OHMSS, i just think its not video game material

1- Doctor No
    2 - Goldfinger
    3 - A View to a Kill
    4 - Living Daylights
    5 - Tommorow Never Dies
    6 - Skyfall

But then we're missing a Bond, and that wouldn't sit well.
    Mr Beech wrote:

1- Doctor No
    2 - Goldfinger
    3 - A View to a Kill
    4 - Living Daylights
    5 - Tommorow Never Dies
    6 - Skyfall

A Bond that is the most hated of them all? I doubt it. No offence.
    Mr Beech wrote:

1- Doctor No
    2 - Goldfinger
    3 - A View to a Kill
    4 - Living Daylights
    5 - Tommorow Never Dies
    6 - Skyfall

A Bond that is the most hated of them all? I doubt it. No offence.

Isn't there a topic on how OHMSS just was selected as favorite Bond film by 007 Magazine readers? Even if he is less iconic, enough don't think Lazenby was a mistake that it makes sense to honor his film too.