Bond's stubble

walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
From the few pics we've seen it looks like Bond is going to be having some stubble throughout a portion of the film, i know when the first pic was released it caused an uproar among bond fans but i personally love it. It makes Bond more masculine, edgier and i think it makes Craig look even more like Bond because it reminds me of Connerys 5'o clock shadow in Goldfinger. what do you think?

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    i think its going a tiny bit too far to be starting threads on bond's stubble.

we'll be debating what bog paper he'd use next :))

i think with everything regarding the bond image, you see hmi like that for a reason. the ill fitting suits, the bit of stubble. maybe bond has let himself go for a bit? who knows.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    i think its going a tiny bit too far to be starting threads on bond's stubble.

we'll be debating what bog paper he'd use next :))

i think with everything regarding the bond image, you see hmi like that for a reason. the ill fitting suits, the bit of stubble. maybe bond has let himself go for a bit? who knows.
    I believe it's Andrex.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    maybe bond has let himself go for a bit? who knows.

I think this is a likely scenario. I am basing this opinion on comments made by Sam Mendes at the Istanbul press conference. Mendes referred to Ian Fleming's Bond as a very conflicted character, who in the latter novels suffers from boredom, depression, difficulty with what he has chosen to do for a living, which is to kill. He said some of these things are explored in the film.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

"Ah, Mr Bond. Or is it Commander in this incarnation? I'm not sure"

"Hi, Tom. Don't worry I'm Everyman-Bond now. Anyway, inspite of that I'm going for a bit of the old ennui stuff old Ian wrote about. Growning me stubble out, having a buzz cut. Anyway, I'm feeling pretty depressed so have you got any really shitty-fitting suits, you know, the sort that look like they were tailored for someone much smaller? Throw in some of them naff American tap collars, too? Sam things it'll encapsulate the accidie bit wonderfully, me looking like a sack of ****. Nothing cheap, though. Can you manage that?"

"At Tom Ford we are able to give the customer exactly what he wants"