SKYFALL Official Poster

Comments

• HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    A real teaser poster from back in the day when the title said it all and the man looked like James Bond, not a provincial estate agent:

http://s18.postimage.org/d7q0frus5/Licence_to_Kill.jpg

Now that's more like it.

thats a great poster.
    loved the movie too.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I wonder how long it will be before the gunbarrel becomes the neck of a Heineken bottle in an ad. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Blah, blah, blah. . .Craig looks terrible. . .blah, blah, blah. . .it's so generic. . .blah, blah, blah. I wonder why some people bother to type up whole sentences; just write "Ditto" and we'll all know what you mean.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Blah, blah, blah. . .Craig looks terrible. . .blah, blah, blah. . .it's so generic. . .blah, blah, blah. I wonder why some people bother to type up whole sentences; just write "Ditto" and we'll all know what you mean.

Would "Craig looks wonderful, the image of James Bond I'd always had. The teaser's so original, too" be more to your liking?

;)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:

Would "Craig looks wonderful, the image of James Bond I'd always had. The teaser's so original, too" be more to your liking?

;)

No, just something that can't be plugged into every single solitary bit of information about the film, and which we've been listening to for years now.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Ha - its only a teaser poster! Not sure what people expect, fair enough criticizing the trailer but a teaser poster?? Yikes!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:

;)

No, just something that can't be plugged into every single solitary bit of information about the film, and which we've been listening to for years now.

Okay.

But Craig does continue to cause divergent, often opposite opinions. And his SKYFALL look isn't helping. (Personally, my own Fleming-purist prejudices are easily overcome by the quality of Craig's perfromance)

The poster doesn't really look imaginative, does it? Or charmingly Bondian-engaging?
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    Edit
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

I didn't say it was boring or bad, just a little generic as in nothing in the poster is specific to the film.

As a bit of artwork I quite like it.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    A real teaser poster from back in the day when the title said it all and the man looked like James Bond, not a provincial estate agent:

http://s18.postimage.org/d7q0frus5/Licence_to_Kill.jpg

Now that's more like it.

Superb poster. Has a real sense of quality, and Dalton looks spot on. Classy, but not someone you'd want to mess with.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    " The coldest Blood runs through his Drains " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    What I like about this poster is that at first glance it appears to be the classic gunbarrel but then after closer inspection you see that it is a dark tunnel, which conjures up all kinds of interesting thoughts and emotions.
    Moore Than wrote:
    Here are some variations on the teaser poster. The first one featuring Bond wearing a Tux is from our good friend Marketto007.

SkyfallTeaser16Tux-1.png

skyfallgold2.png

dressue.jpg

IMG_1739b.jpg

I think the Tux looks better, less like a " provincial sales rep" in the official version DC seems weedy and dwarfed by his surroundings.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Which may just have been the intention.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Which may just have been the intention.

Which one weedy, or dwarfed?
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Has anyone found where the poster can be bought online yet?
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    2 posters arrived at the cinema I work at today. Both are in great condition. I think one may go missing soon.. ;) ?:)
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    The Cinema Store in St Martin's Lane has a glossy A3 print for sale for a tenner.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    BTW, anyone know when the official poster will be out? I suppose September?

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    BTW, anyone know when the official poster will be out? I suppose September?

No word on the official poster yet. September seems likely as that was when the official poster for Quantum of Solace was released.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    The regular DS format is fairly widely available on eBay; now the waiting is for an affordable quad version.
    Anyone seen where this can be bought yet??
    Maybe at the Barbican, not sure actually.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Oh really??
    Does anyone else know if the poster is on sale at the Barbican exhibition??
    There are new posters to view on www.007.com.

Needless to say, I LOVE THEM!
    I have a feeling that the full one, featuring the four principal actors will be used at Vauxhall opposite the MI6 building.

Can't wait!!!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    The new posters are okay, a bit boring though.

I hope that this is not a sign of what we can expect with the final theatrical poster.. :#
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    That a glock or a p99 in bardem's mitt? :o
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Craig is made to look a bit odd in his shot - but I've just realised, must be deliberate, it's some kind of wind-up with the fans, right? :#

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    That a glock or a p99 in bardem's mitt? :o

GLOCK my dear MicroJ. No top detailing to slide such as recessed patterned strip panel & internal striker release button, square cut slide, different shaped vertical vents/fins for finger pull, different shaped ejection port...the list is endless oh creator of half finished masterpieces.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    IMO, the poster is weak. I mean, it's just bond and the gun barrel. Absolutely nothing to distinguish it from the other films. Wheres the scenery?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby