The return of Sir Miles Messervy?

HoagieHoagie Posts: 48MI6 Agent
With specualtion abound that Skyfall could be Dame Judi's swansong as 'M', and as yet udefined roles for Albert Finney and Ralph Fiennes, does anyone think that a new M, if one there be, could be the Sir Miles Messervy character?

Sorry if this doen't warrant a new topic!!

Comments

• David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Hoagie wrote:
    With specualtion abound that Skyfall could be Dame Judi's swansong as 'M', and as yet udefined roles for Albert Finney and Ralph Fiennes, does anyone think that a new M, if one there be, could be the Sir Miles Messervy character?

Well, its not Finney as he's Bond's "estate manager"(?) at Skyfall - well, the desolote Highland retreat that is, not the operation.....

So it'd have to be Fiennes... who's character is thus far listed as "Gareth Mallory".

Could he be the new M? Seems possible. Could his name really be Messervy? I've speculated elswhere it could be, that Mallory is just one of EON's endless games with this film.... and been flamed for it!!!!
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Well, Albert Finney's character has been named as Kincade (whatever that means!?).
    Ralph Fiennes' character is named; Gareth Mallory - however, with his surname beginning with 'M' that still fits with the head of Mi6's surname being the reason for the 'M' codename. (I believe Judi Dench's 'M's real name is Barbara Mawdsley), so maybe you're onto something. :v
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • HoagieHoagie Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Hoagie wrote:

Well, its not Finney as he's Bond's "estate manager"(?) at Skyfall - well, the desolote Highland retreat that is, not the operation.....

So it'd have to be Fiennes... who's character is thus far listed as "Gareth Mallory".

Could he be the new M? Seems possible. Could his name really be Messervy? I've speculated elswhere it could be, that Mallory is just one of EON's endless games with this film.... and been flamed for it!!!!

Ahh I'm not up to date with character names thus far!! Then the answer to my question is a resounding no! lol
    edited July 2012
    Hoagie wrote:
    Hoagie wrote:

Ahh I'm not up to date with character names thus far!! Then the answer to my question is a resounding no! lol

As I said, you could be part right - there's high odds that by the end of the film and for the enxt one he is M.

And I at least could easily put the "Gareth Mallory" name down to some elaborately childish rouse by EON...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I still find it hard to Believe that Ralph Finnes is to be the new M.
    It's bound to be very difficult in films to come if he's working on
    another project, yet is needed to be back at pinewood for a few
    days work. Or is the character M to get even more screen time
    and more involvement in the stories.
    Although I wouldn't mind if He is the New M as he's a great actor
    ( and a Bond fan ). :007)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I still find it hard to Believe that Ralph Finnes is to be the new M.
    It's bound to be very difficult in films to come if he's working on
    another project, yet is needed to be back at pinewood for a few
    days work. Or is the character M to get even more screen time
    and more involvement in the stories.
    Although I wouldn't mind if He is the New M as he's a great actor
    ( and a Bond fan ). :007)

Oh, I dunno.

Give his M the same amount of screen time as Bernie Lee, drop the "M as major character" **** (unless they film MOONRAKER or COLONEL SUN :o ), and you've, literally only got a couple of days work.

I'm sure Fiennes could work into his schedule popping to Bucks for a few days every two/three or four years, turning up in Leceister Square a few months later.

Nice pension to have. Fund a bit more indie movie/theatrer work.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have to agree with that. -{
    Give his M the same amount of screen time as Bernie Lee, drop the "M as major character" ****
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Fiennes would be a fine M...and scheduling wouldn't be a problem for future films, if they restrict him to one or two scenes, like in the good old days...his scenes could be shot in a week's time :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM