Top Ten Bond Title Tunes & Scores

BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
I'm sure this must have been asked in the past so apologies for any repetition. Here are mine:-

Top Ten Bond Title Tunes:
1. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
2. Live & Let Die
3. Diamonds Are Forever
4. Nobody Does It Better
5. Goldfinger
6. You Only Live Twice
7. Thunderball
8. You KNow My Name
9. The World Is Not Enough
10. The Man With The Golden Gun

Top Ten Bond Scores:
1. Diamonds Are Forever
2. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
3. Moonraker
4. You Only Live Twice
5. Goldfinger
6. The Living Daylights
7. The Man With The Golden Gun
8. The Spy Who Loved Me
9. The World Is Not Enough
10. Quantum Of Solace

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    My favourite Title Tunes:

Live & Let Die
    Goldeneye
    Diamonds Are Forever
    The World Is Not Enough
    The Man With The Golden Gun

My favourite Bond Scores:
    Diamonds Are Forever
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Moonraker
    The Living Daylights

But my 2nd favourite title tune was bumped to closing credits! Tomorrow Never Dies (Surrender), by K. D. Lang!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    You're quite right. K.D. Lang's song is so much better than Sheryl Crow's title effort.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'm on board with that, too. I always wondered why Crow's song was chosen as the title tune over Lang's terrific rendition of Surrender. Not to knock Sheryl Crow, but k.d. lang has a strong, clear, brassy voice just made to belt out a Bond theme song. And Surrender really reminded me of the Shirley Bassey classics - Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever and Moonraker. I think the producers blew it that time.
    BIG TAM wrote:
    You're quite right. K.D. Lang's song is so much better than Sheryl Crow's title effort.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I'm on board with that, too. I always wondered why Crow's song was chosen as the title tune over Lang's terrific rendition of Surrender.
    ...and wasn't the incidental music laced with the K. D. Lang tune? Seems like a last minute addition; Crow was pretty popular then. :#
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • GoldenEye85GoldenEye85 Posts: 278MI6 Agent
    My top ten Bond title songs are:

10. Moonraker: I picked this because there is just a sense of a mysterious vibe that comes from this song, I don't know if I would say I get chills from it, but something close to it.

9. A View to A Kill: How can you not like this song? It's upbeat and it never drags, although the opening title sequence was a bit of an eye sore. Not the ice chase but where the song actually plays.

8. The Man with the Golden Gun: Another upbeat song that just gets the feet a tapping and gets you setup for a great movie.

7. Tomorrow Never Dies: I chose this because the tune is great, it has a little mystery to it. It's just a fun song to listen to.

6. License to Kill: What can I say about this theme song? It just has vibes that I like.

5. You Know My Name: This is a perfect song to usher in a new actor as Agent 007 and even more fitting that it was a reboot.

4. The World is Not Enough: Another song with a good beat to it. The video was a little odd, but still good.

3. Living Daylights/OHMSS: These two tie for third. Both have a great sound, TLD a great rock tune, OH has a sense of pride and....again, mystery.

2. GoldenEye: While this is easily my favorite Bond movie, mostly because it was the first I had ever seen. The song is good, but I don't care too much for Tina Turner, though.

What could number one possibly be?

1. Live and Let Die: To me, this is the best theme song a Bond movie ever had. It has a good beat, the tune is uplifting and it just rocks.

Honorable mentions go to All Time High, For Your Eyes Only and Nobody Does it Better. I dislike Die Another Day, Another Way to Die, while I hate both themes, I love both Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace.

Only way any of them could have been better is if for one of them had been done by Queen or Styx or a band like that.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm guessing scores are the songs that play during the movie right? If so most of mine will be from GoldenEye. I don't know the names but I will try a describe the scenes they are used in as best I can.

1. this score is used three times, I think, once when the weapon is first stolen from the bunker, when Bond and Natalya are working on the floor and hacking Boris' network on the train and then again when Boris is flipping the pen grenade in his fingers trying to reprogram the satellite.

2. This was used twice, the first time is when the helicopter is stolen and then again when Natalya uses the computer shop to message Boris.

3. During the tank chase. My favorite chase in the Bond franchise. Reminds me of the Gun barrel James Bond theme from this same movie.

Let's go to World is Not Enough

4. During the boat chase in the teaser.

5. At the caviar factory.
    1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby
  • DTReinsmaDTReinsma Orlando, FL, USAPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    Here is my list:

10. Die Another day
    9. Goldeneye
    8. The living daylights
    7. You know my name
    6. Goldfinger
    5. A view to a kill
    4. OHMSS
    3. Thunderball
    2. The world is not enough