Magnoli Clothiers - delay experiences?

Hi all.

June 4th I ordered a Quantum Cardigan from Magnoli. Since then I've had contact with Indy on approximately week-basis, but I have not yet received it. Indy says that it should have been shipped 4 weeks ago but he has had no contact with his shipping team in the whole process.

I'm pretty confident I'll receive my cardigan sooner or later, but better sooner. ;-)
So I'm writing here to hear if anyone of you have had experiences with delays from Magnoli and how long it took to get your item(s)?

Thanks!

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    It's not a very good service when a "seller" cannot contact his own "shipping team"

Believe Indy has things made all around the world and they are shipped direct and not via himself, this would worry me alone about quality control

PS - good luck, I'm sure you will get your item based on experiences here however it seems like a weird process
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Yearh, I told him too that he should find some more reliable colleagues. :s

And thank you, just getting quite impatient... Looking forward to receiving my cardigan.
    No one with experiences on this matter...?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    I ordered a Quantum jacket and some ties and they all came pretty quickly.
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    No one with experiences on this matter...?

I've never had a problem with Magnoli. I have a few items from him and I just ordered a couple more Quantum suits and he's doing a custom US Army uniform jacket for me. I'm very happy with him.
    I'm glad that you guys received your items but I have just been forced to write Indy Magnoli a bit more powerful mail about this matter than earlier. It has been 11 weeks since my order, he has had no contact with his shipping team in at least 5 weeks and I haven't heard from him since the last time I wrote for an update August 4th.
  • EnigmoriartyEnigmoriarty Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Greetings:

Re: delay, awhile back we ordered some of the documentation offered via this fine organization. The caveats included a current processing time of 3-4 months, but at order time there was a note that we'd be contacted in 2-3 days for more info. That info presumably includes data regarding the docs to be produced as entries to the docs themselves.

Now, a protracted wait for a known quantity is one thing, but based upon the need for our data to be incorporated, nothing but a "processing" as to account info at time of payment has been received is a little worrisome. Upon ordering, an email is sent notifying that nothing will be sent until payment received (an invoice, simply); now we're worried that anything further will be sent.

It looks legit enough, and the comments from those who have bought clothing specifically appear to indicate some sign of life at the source, but a similar, earlier experience with someone called "Eugene" in Singapore- certainly no reflection upon this company, but a parallel experience- netted only a loss of 300 bucks. Contact with that one after the fact noted first "had been sent" and later yielded no response.

It is super that some correspondents hereon have had such good interaction, but at the same time an extension of faith into a deal would be well to reciprocate vis-a-vis at least diligent communication- beyond autoresponses at payment time from the bowels of some dormant volcano staffed by Japanese guys on little trains into nowhere. If data are needed to produce the product, don't we suppose that would be asked for some time in the "process"?

While the delay issue appears to be a legitimate concern, web searches don't seem to reflect this factor as fluently as they herald the relative quality of some of the work, and this looks a little outstanding as well. We think the delay to amount to a greater factor than seen immediately. Jacob's point appears to be credible even to date.

The site does have some good examples. This is not at all to run the proprieter down, as we believe in trusting people to inspire affinity and, ideally, ensure a smoother operation. It is to substantiate Jacob's concern, which seems to extend more widely than at first may meet others' eyes.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    I'm assuming English isn't your native tongue as its very difficult to understand what you have written...I think you placed an order with Magnoli but haven't heard back after an automated email response...and are looking for help ? Or possibly not :s
    YNWA 97
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

Was wondering how shipping times are nowadays?

Priority shipping says 10-20 days... for ties, is it usually on the shorter end or right in the middle?

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

I know from personal experience that Indy has some of the smaller, more popular stock 'on hand' at his house/office/store room here in NZ, and some of the stock is kept with the manufacturer/fulfiller/distributor in China. This explains why some stuff goes out quickly, he or his family members who work along side him pick and send using NZ Post/DHL etc from his on hand stock, and other stuff gets ordered from his fulfillers. I went to his place and bought sunglasses, ties and cufflinks many years ago, all of which were stock on hand, im guessing your order is coming (or supposed to be coming) from that 3rd party agent.... frustrating nonetheless