Q's Mug from Skyfall

Comments

• 007Gunn007Gunn Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 14MI6 Agent
    Some one in Europe paid £700 it wasn't me, Was told by Wild & Wolf.
    It sure is the season to be ...... exploitative? such a shame
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    007Gunn wrote:
    It sure is the season to be ...... exploitative? such a shame

indeed it is.

anyhow, whats your take on Skyfall, would you say its your favourite, or is there another Bond film that you prefer?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    It's just business, it's a 'game not player' situation folks; it's incredulous, but if they sell, then fair play.
    yeah i see what you see wilde, it is just business at the end of it.

it annoys me though, when an item is listed as 'rare' etc and the price hiked right up, when you can easily buy elsewhere at the usual rate.

an example of this was an aston tie pin i once bought. on ebay, it was listed as 'ultra rare', limited stock and all that. the price was £15 plus postage i think. i bought the same pin, in plentiful supply, direct from AM for a fiver.

but whos to blame, the misleading seller or the naive buyer?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    yeah i see what you see wilde, it is just business at the end of it.

it annoys me though, when an item is listed as 'rare' etc and the price hiked right up, when you can easily buy elsewhere at the usual rate.

an example of this was an aston tie pin i once bought. on ebay, it was listed as 'ultra rare', limited stock and all that. the price was £15 plus postage i think. i bought the same pin, in plentiful supply, direct from AM for a fiver.

but whos to blame, the misleading seller or the naive buyer?

As a misanthropist and a cynic I oft have a slight advantage. Although I was almost caught out with the Skyfall dog fairly recently. Would have been my own fault, which is why groups like AJB is the imperative for anyone interested in 'bond itamz' - Strength in numbers! -{
  • InfernorhythmInfernorhythm Los AngelesPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    The UK Q Mug is back in stock on Bloomsbury for $9. I just picked up a pair. Get them while you can.
    "You're both, what's the expression? Damaged goods."
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    Thank you - I went ahead and order some as well -{
    The UK Q Mug is back in stock on Bloomsbury for $9. I just picked up a pair. Get them while you can.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    007Gunn wrote:
    Some one in Europe paid £700 it wasn't me, Was told by Wild & Wolf.

Brings a whole new meaning the the word "mug"
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    If someone in the States has a spare "Q" mug in the correct UK font, I'm really looking to pick one up. Please PM me.

Thanks!!

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    If someone in the States has a spare "Q" mug in the correct UK font, I'm really looking to pick one up. Please PM me.

Thanks!!

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Snap!
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • Dr. NowtDr. Nowt Eastern EnglandPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    If anyone in the UK has a spare UK font Q mug, I'd snap it up :))
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    Guys, what colour should the mug be? I bought one from a marketplace seller on Amazon on Friday, however, instead of a pure white mug, which I expected from the film, and pictures I've saw, I got a off white, even cream coloured mug. Now the batch date reads 09/2012 on the base of the mug, so is it possible they are not doing them in the white colour any more? The Q is straight rather than curly, and everything else is correct, just the colour of the mug. It sounds churlish to think of returning it when it arrived in one piece, but I wanted a screen accurate mug. It's a great mug, but I know I'm not 100% happy because of the colour. I don't want the hassle of returning it though, as I've had to sent a couple of other things back that I bought online recently.
    scotty8692 wrote:
    Guys, what colour should the mug be? I bought one from a marketplace seller on Amazon on Friday, however, instead of a pure white mug, which I expected from the film, and pictures I've saw, I got a off white, even cream coloured mug. Now the batch date reads 09/2012 on the base of the mug, so is it possible they are not doing them in the white colour any more? The Q is straight rather than curly, and everything else is correct, just the colour of the mug. It sounds churlish to think of returning it when it arrived in one piece, but I wanted a screen accurate mug. It's a great mug, but I know I'm not 100% happy because of the colour. I don't want the hassle of returning it though, as I've had to sent a couple of other things back that I bought online recently.

If you have a look at the first post on this thread, you'll see my SA mug.

It is an off white colour, and there are 2 versions, both official from Wild and Wolf. My mug is the correct UK version. The US version uses a different font.

Welcome to AJB

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for reply Minigeff. I had no doubt it was official, just was disappointed it wasn't the exact same colour-maybe slightly silly of me, as I suggested...I knew there were two different versions, the pics I had saw of the US version always had the same colour as my mug is, which is why I was worried when I was peeling back the bubble wrap from the package-was worried they had sent me the US one. I did see your pic, and even though it doesn't look pure white, it looks brighter than mine. As I say, in the film, and in the pics from the film, it looks bright white, whereas mine is cream coloured, almost the colour of coffee when you add some milk!

edit: Really what I'm trying to establish is if there's a new 2012 UK version of the mug, as I believe the original UK version of the Q mug was released back in 2010. Although probably a quick e-mail to Wild and Wolf will confirm it-which is what I might do!

And thanks for the welcome, I had been a member of the site up to several years ago, but for whatever reason stop using it, though in the past few months, I've been looking at the forums, and like Bond in SF decided it was time to return, so I registered today! I must be still registered under my other username (don't have a clue what it was) as when I went to use one of my e-mail addresses, it said it was already registered!
    33y48ew.jpg

oaog9s.jpg
    Perhaps it's the bright studio lighting that's making the mug appear white? Or maybe they washed it with Daz?

Lets face it, you get ya mug and that's it. There's no changing the colour or getting W&W to make a whiter batch.

I'm happy with mine, and for a tenner it's probably the cheapest bit of SF memorabilia you can get.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Look at the mug against his shirt collar. Mug's off-white. Color timing in films changes a lot - consider the Armani leather jacket in CR.
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    I bought 3 when they were availble.
    One for display, one to use and one for my brother for Xmas.
    He wasn't too fussed about it so I gave it to my friend Mark who is doing a
    full Q costume. So far he has the glasses, tie, shirt, similar cardigan that he's adapting.
    The WILD & WOLF "Q" mug, is worth £6.99GBP tops :p

Yankie version is a NO GO !!!! Think really WHAT you're paying for a MUG which could say tw@t instead :D

Formerly known as Teppo
    We have a competition to WIN A Wild & Wolf Scrabble mug Q. Its open to UK, IRL, USA, Canada.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MOOHAPPY.COM
    https://www.facebook.com/Moohappycom
    007Gunn wrote:
    We have a competition to WIN A Wild & Wolf Scrabble mug Q. Its open to UK, IRL, USA, Canada.

so what do you have to do to win the mug? 8-)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    You just have to Like us and enter the competition on Facebook that all, No questions,
    ah right, cool marketting ploy. :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Well don't think anybody can blame me for wanting a SA accurate mug given for a couple of pages at least, the BR peacoat thread seemed to be dedicated to finding out the correct colour of the bits of leather on the coat! Though fair enough, if you'd spent several hundred dollars on a coat, I'd want to make sure I was perfectly happy too. I did actually see a Q mug for sale on ebay that was a 2010 version that did indeed appear white. Whereas I've definitely got a 2012 version as I've mentioned. However, I've got one now, (and got it well in time for Christmas) and although it's not exactly the same colour, I'm fairly happy with it. It's still a Q mug, it's made by Wild and Wolf, and although the colour is slightly different, it's still much the same to me!

Formerly known as Teppo
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Teppo wrote:

Ouch £69.99 postage for one mug
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Teppo wrote:

You wanting one ordered welshboy
    Ross
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Teppo wrote:

You wanting one ordered welshboy
    Ross

Hi Ross

I'm not sure if its the SA one as they don't mention Wild and Wolf. I notice on eBay there are a few which look correct but they are not Wild Wolf
    Instagram - bondclothes007