Skyfall theme - The Bullitts get proactive

Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Alec 006 wrote:

Good god, that's appalling. Sounds like a group of pissed up rugby players.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Well meaning, but rather amature sounding....and I'm being kind.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Needs a bit of a Bridge in Places ( not just the one in the trailer ) :D
    Although a little amateurish, I too like their enthusiasm -{
    It's still better than Another Way to Die. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    Oh dear, it's Crap! Every cliche a Bond theme and its cousin. It sounds like a French ans Saunders parody. The percussion is too heavy and the lyrics are a whimsical mess. A Bond song has to reflect the film it accompanies and be classical to stand up to posterity. - Tom Jones' Thunderball had a roof raising punch, Nancy Sinatra's YOLT had melodious romance, Duran Duran put attitude into A View To A Kill, and Garbage's melodious flow reflected the sexy yet broken mind of Electria King in TWINE. All of them had a twist, a melody and style that was their own, but it was also fitting for the film they accompanied.

I do give these guys effort for trying, but this is a right load - just like Another Way To Die. (Shudders) Perhaps their style might work for Bourne or Mission Imp, but not Bond!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Well it sounds bondian, I'll give it that. But as mentioned, it is amature sounding.

Overall I don't really like it, but....
    It's still better than Another Way to Die. :))

Yep :))
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Well, I've heard worse. . .and, by the same token, I've heard better. It's basically a riff on the James Bond Theme and doesn't stand on its own. As for lyrics--"Skyfall/ night fall/ light fall. . ." Gawd, so obvious. I'm actually hoping that whoever they get to write the song doesn't use the title!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    I ABSOLUTELY agree with all of the above. However, I thought I had better post it, as it is of interest to the forum.

-{ -{ -{
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    I just hope that we don't have any more of that Eva Almer nonsense this time around, with more claims of rejected title songs that the studio never heard in the first place.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I just hope that we don't have any more of that Eva Almer nonsense this time around, with more claims of rejected title songs that the studio never heard in the first place.

Regardless of any nonsense, or whether the studio heard it or not, Eva Almer's song (Forever, I Am All Yours) was far more worthy than Another Way To Die, IMHO.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Thought that was very mediocre. Not enough punch too it. Almost fell asleep! I'm really looking forward to any official announcement now about the title song. Its surely got to be soon.
    I've found another "Theme" for Skyfall. ( if it hasn't already been posted ) :D

http://youtu.be/hbSacTxmYXE
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

saw this a couple of weeks back. its ok, the video is cheese-tastic, but its a way better attempt than that bullit crap.

i just watched it again (the bullit vid) and i can't help laughing at how seriously these guys seem to take themselves when they're the kind of talent that would get edited out of the first round of x factor.

but i look at it this way, if the world didn't have such useless people in it then we'd all look a bit crapper ourselves.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent

The tune is good, but it doesn't sound bondian. The lyrics are terrible though.

But overall - better than the other song.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's The Bullitts tune either. The way the dude is saying "Sky.....Fall". It sounds like anyone just pounding on a piano trying to learn the words. Like someone trying to learn to read a children's book. Sounding out the words.

I hope Thomas Newman selects a beautiful song and it doesn't have to have the word "Skyfall" in it at all.

First of all, I don't think the Jaymes Samuel tune is the official song. Why would it be released on Soundcloud and Mp3blogger.com first. That is not how Eon Productions does it.

I will tell you, this new James Bond theme has got to be the best kept secret from SKYFALL.

They have to have a tune with the lyrics by now. They must have a singer by now who is learning the song with the composer. The movie opens in just 9 weeks in the United Kingdom.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Regardless of any nonsense, or whether the studio heard it or not, Eva Almer's song (Forever, I Am All Yours) was far more worthy than Another Way To Die, IMHO.
    The studio definitely did not hear the song, which is why the people behind it make me very angry with their constant claims that they did, but I can't agree that it's better than the White & Keys song - I think it's just as bad! :))
    Eva Almer's song (Forever, I Am All Yours) -{
    I liked it too, much better than AWTD :#
    On another theme. :))

http://youtu.be/EWgiNlSjdTQ
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Forever, I Am All Yours almost makes me like Another Way To Die. It isn't bad, but it sounds cliche and B-movie or video game opener quality. Just doesn't have a fresh, cinematic scope to it.