Michael G. Wilson's As Ruthless As Blofeld!

2»

Comments

• DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Haha I agree - Most women I know don't seem to think he's that good lookin at all...
    I have seen footage of Sean Connery at the opening of Goldfinger in '64. Women were screaming, fainting, and one even snuck up to him in the car just to be in his presence... I don't think Craig (or any of the Bond's) come near that level. But then again, I don't think Bond has ever been as big as he was in the 60'ies. (And I wasn't even arround back then, but just based on what I've seen )

Can't compare what was going on in the 60's to now. The 60's was the height of Bondmania. Those first four Bond films with Connery were a cultural phenomenom. Bond films today, while still extremely popular, are just further entries into a successful series of blockbuster films, albeit with a tradition and very unique pedigree that has stood the test of time like no other.

Don't know about your neck of the woods, Dutchfinger, but alot of women over here appear to be quite smitten with Craig, especially his physique.

Yeah, of course I can understand that... I was just mainly basing it on opinions of women (girls) my age really. (I am 21) Past girlfriends weren't to blown away by him. However, if I would have to pick an older woman like my mother (she's 47), she also isn't to blown away by him. I guess it all come's down to personal taste really, much like we would have different taste in women...

Oh and my example of the women fainting and screaming with Connery... yeah of course the 60'ies were completly different times, I even mentioned it my self "I don't think Bond has ever been as big as he was in the 60'ies". I was just pointing out that women of today don't seem to have that as much at all for the current James Bond...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    On The Bourne Legacy, I'd say it was decent, but definitely didn't come off as tough as the original trilogy, or as good. It sort of went into charismatic summer action territory, where Jason Bourne had cold, European espionage layered into it well.

I'd like to see Craig stick around beyond Skyfall.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    On The Bourne Legacy, I'd say it was decent, but definitely didn't come off as tough as the original trilogy, or as good. It sort of went into charismatic summer action territory, where Jason Bourne had cold, European espionage layered into it well.

I'd like to see Craig stick around beyond Skyfall.

Well put. I thought The Bourne Legacy was ok, but nothing special. The film felt like a "place holder" until they can entice Matt Damon to come back. As hard as this is for me to admit, as big, lunkheaded, stupid, rediculous, and cartoonish as "Expendables II" was, I actually found it to be more entertaining than "The Bourne Legacy". Go figuire.

Regarding Dutchfinger: As an old coot (I'm 55) who was around for the Connery films in the 60's and saw them all in a proper theater, I just want to give you kudos for your knowledge and appreciation for the history of the Bond series. Alot of younger folks just don't get it, you certainly do. -{