Whisky on the table.

00730073 COPPosts: 1,035MI6 Agent
So, has anybody recognized what rot-gut M is chugging down while writing Bonds obituary?
"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

Comments

• John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Too dark to see properly. Label looks mostly plain white with bronze edge so it could be a Macallan. They're pushing their brand at the moment. They've already had an Annie Leibovitz photo-shoot with Kevin McKidd pulling fancy women while drinking their stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if the Macallan turned up as product placement.
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Macallan is a good possibility because they're more focused on premium and marketing than actual quality. They're not bad, just overhyped and overpriced.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    If anyone's pouring a glass? Yes please! Its been a tough day.

Personally I recommend Aberlour. Nice taste, good blend and its usually a sensible price.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I thought M preferred bourbon?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

Ah, but you are referencing Goldeneye Mini G! So that leaves the question of this M is that M or another M altogether, since we have had no clairification if this M is that M. If this M is not that M, her tipple could be something completely different. Unless of course this M IS that M but she may have decided to change brands of W. Even something beginning with M? Em, it may be clarified in SF?

Forgive me, I am re-reading the novelisation of "Yes Prime Minster" at the moment. Hence I go a bit Sir Humphrey.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Surprised J&B whisky never paid their way into a Bond film. Especially with those initials. And the fact they regularly appeared in movies throughout the 70's.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    I thought they were only in Italian crime and horror films, though!
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

Ah, but you are referencing Goldeneye Mini G! So that leaves the question of this M is that M or another M altogether, since we have had no clairification if this M is that M. If this M is not that M, her tipple could be something completely different. Unless of course this M IS that M but she may have decided to change brands of W. Even something beginning with M? Em, it may be clarified in SF?

Forgive me, I am re-reading the novelisation of "Yes Prime Minster" at the moment. Hence I go a bit Sir Humphrey.

You've got a point. Does M exist continuously as if Bond never changes despite the changes, thus the character builds from Bond to Bond, or did only the actor of M stay and we are to assume a reboot behind M as we know her as well?
    I thought they were only in Italian crime and horror films, though!

And oddly enough the party never got going in the Italian Emanuelle series until somebody started handing out the J&B. Would love to know who was doing their marketing in the 1970's!
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    J&B Whisky was if my memory serves me on the Umbrella/Parasols that the Land Rover crashes into in the pre-credits if The Living Daylights. Don't know if it was a paid for product placement or not though.
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • DGSEDGSE FrancePosts: 17MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    The shape and the label match with Macallan sherry oak.

M_s_wihisky.jpg

Macallan_12.jpg

http://www.themacallan.com/the-range/sherry-oak.aspx?r=true#/range/
  • SupervoxSupervox EnglandPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

And I believe the scriptwriters made a mistake with that as well - it looks suspiciously like a bottle of Jack Daniels to me & that isn't a bourbon it's a sour mash whisky.
  • cmdr_bond_007cmdr_bond_007 Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    It's not Jack Daniels because there is no black label and the color is not dark enough. Looks more like an aged Scotch of some kind?
    "I think he got the point."
    "Governments change. The lies stay the same."
    "They say you're judged by the strength of your enemies."
  • Mr. DB5Mr. DB5 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    DGSE wrote:
    The shape and the label match with Macallan sherry oak.

M_s_wihisky.jpg

Macallan_12.jpg

http://www.themacallan.com/the-range/sherry-oak.aspx?r=true#/range/

Agree it is Macallan. I blew up the picture two times and it definitely is Macallan!