Bond on Set Skyfall is released

Although it has a release date of September 25, I have just been informed by Amazon that my copy of Bond on Set: Skyfall has shipped and Amazon are now showing it as 'in stock.' Looking forward to seeing it...

Comments

• StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Sweet, off to Amazon I go, let's hope we get some great info from the pictures,

Thanks for the head's up!
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I ordered the hardcover version, release date 5th oct. should be good that :)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I'm confused. Amazon has two different hardcover copies listed. One looks pretty correct and is one of the top hits when you search ( http://www.amazon.com/Bond-On-Set-Filming-Skyfall/dp/0756698405/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348213366&sr=8-1&keywords=bond+on+set ).

The other has no photo, but the stats on its price, page count, and weight are different ( http://www.amazon.com/Bond-Filming-Skyfall-Greg-Williams/dp/1405356782/ref=tmm_hrd_title_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348213318&sr=8-1 ).

My guess is that the first one is correct, and the second is a mistake of some sort.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    My copy is scheduled to arrive today - if the post office can still do their job properly! - so I'll let you know how it is and which is correct.
    Just received the book and it is super...although, as with the previous titles, don't even think of looking at it before you see the film if you don't want some major spoilers!

There are some great photos and DC and the rest of the cast, Mendes, etc etc. Nice location and studio shots. I haven't read the captions as I don't want to know too much about the film yet. The copy I received is hardback with the cover photo of DC standing in front of the DB5 printed directly onto the cover without a dust jacket. Very nice quality as usual.

As for those interested in DC's wardrobe, there are quite a few confirmations, clues and hints as to what he's wearing...including a new pair of circular white-metal cufflinks with a whitish/opalesque centre. They can also be seen poking out from the sleeve of the new Skyfall poster.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    WTF, I have this on Pre-order for the last 2 months. It has not shipped yet but shows it will be delivered next week
    Paperbill wrote:
    WTF, I have this on Pre-order for the last 2 months. It has not shipped yet but shows it will be delivered next week

Like you, I ordered this several months ago and always expected it for the 25th. Not sure why it shipped yesterday instead of the 25th as scheduled but I'm very happy to have it. Maybe Amazon made an error and shipped it early.
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    My pre-ordered hardcover copy won't ship for another week and a half - from Amazon.uk.
    My pre-ordered hardcover copy won't ship for another week and a half - from Amazon.uk.

Ditto :#
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 233MI6 Agent
    I pre-ordered over a month ago but my copy apparently won't ship until the 2nd of October :#
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    I seem to have got a raw deal from amazon uk - won't get the book until November!!!

On the other hand I am getting Terry O'Neill's book this week along with the blu-ray boxset
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Just received the book and it is super...although, as with the previous titles, don't even think of looking at it before you see the film if you don't want some major spoilers!

Photos from Bond on Set have been posted online. Not high quality. Click on images to view.

SPOILER ALERT!
    http://outlawgenius.tumblr.com/post/32208083187/bond-on-set-filming-skyfall-by-greg-williams

http://outlawgenius.tumblr.com/post/32210843556/bond-on-set-filming-skyfall-by-greg-williams
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Just ordered mine from Amazon UK - Saying 1st Oct it is out? :-)
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Just received an email from Amazon saying my hardback copy has been dispatched.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Got mine today, some spoilers in it. I think most of the movie can now be figured out
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    UK based AJBers:

Guys my copy of Bond on Set Fiming Skyfall shipped today by WATERSTONES :D
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived this morning. A bit disappointed there's no dust cover. Looks like they've filmed a new gun barrel sequence.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Donk's copy has arrived. Agree with previous AJB posters. It's presented in such a way that you can pretty much work out the plot with very few gaps although Berenice with a PPK was a "bery nice" surprise :)
    Most rumours/assumptions apart from the title music performer are confirmed within the books glossy large format pages.
    A dust jacket would have been nice however it is a very high quality publication which I am more than happy to add to the 007 Library. -{
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Sounds cool Donk, still not available here in the swamps :#
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Got mine yesterday and the photos are great. Not read any of the caption text yet & won't do so until I see the movie. As mentioned elsewhere, it's disappointing that there's no dust jacket with it though.
  • BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 233MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today. Great looking coffee table book. Had a quick look at the first few photos but decided to leave the rest until I've seen the film.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    My copy came yesterday - I managed to get it off ebay for a pretty cheap price too -{

Only glanced through it so far...but it does tend to give the game away...especially if you have read/watched what has been shown up untill now...

Lovely book though -{
    YNWA 97
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    copy came yesterday too, very interesting pictures -{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    Bollocks.

I couldn't resist, my hardcover of this has sat tempting me for the last few days, and I finally gave way.

All I can say is in total honesty, if you've seen the trailers then there's not a huge amount given away that you've not already seen.

There is however quite a big giveaway on page 161 and 170, look closely if you dare....

MG
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org