Midnight Showing For Skyfall in the U.S.

DTReinsmaDTReinsma Orlando, FL, USAPosts: 81MI6 Agent
I cannot find any information that any theaters will show it at midnight of the Nov 9 release. How close to the release do theaters typically post this information? I heard about ticket pre-sales already in the UK. I would like to catch this late Thursday if possible.

Does anybody have any information?

Comments

• james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    It is going to be shown in all IMAX Theatres on Thursday here in the United States. Cinemark and AMC theaters with an IMAX theater will also show it.
    Sorry, I don't know anything about UK movie theatres.
    DTReinsma wrote:
    I cannot find any information that any theaters will show it at midnight of the Nov 9 release. How close to the release do theaters typically post this information? I heard about ticket pre-sales already in the UK. I would like to catch this late Thursday if possible.

• DTReinsmaDTReinsma Orlando, FL, USAPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    It is going to be shown in all IMAX Theatres on Thursday here in the United States. Cinemark and AMC theaters with an IMAX theater will also show it.
    DTReinsma wrote:

Good to know. Thanks for the information.
    Just to clarify incase someone else reads this. I meant Thursday, November 8 for IMAX.
    DTReinsma wrote:
    DTReinsma wrote:

Good to know. Thanks for the information.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    DTReinsma wrote:

I was looking at Cinemarks website earlier tonight. They have times for screenings in November, but not Skyfall. I see advance screening times for Breaking Dawn and other special screenings through November (saw The Sting in there somewhere. Might have to check that out). Looks like Cinemark posts screenings about a week in advance. Right now on Cinemarks site, I see screen times up to Oct 9th, then for Oct 10th I see only one screen time for Gone With The Wind. For Cinemark, I'd say start checking their website on Oct. 31st, if you find nothing, check Nov 2nd, then daily after that.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • DanjaqDanjaq San Francisco Bay AreaPosts: 92MI6 Agent
    That would be Thursday morning at 12am (0000 hours) or Friday morning 12am (0000) hours?
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    Danjaq wrote:
    That would be Thursday morning at 12am (0000 hours) or Friday morning 12am (0000) hours?
    I was wondering that too. But I bet it is 12:00 am Friday which they are going to classify as Thursday night
  • DTReinsmaDTReinsma Orlando, FL, USAPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    Danjaq wrote:
    I was wondering that too. But I bet it is 12:00 am Friday which they are going to classify as Thursday night

Exactly. Technically Friday, but you go to the theater Thirsday night
    Tickets are on sale today and it is a Wednesday 12:00am showing! Got mine through Fandango
    I'm going to get my Skyfall tickets through Fandango as well. Can someone convince me if I should see it in IMAX or the regular screen. Is IMAX to large and loud?
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Do it! Assigned seating too.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm going to get my Skyfall tickets through Fandango as well. Can someone convince me if I should see it in IMAX or the regular screen. Is IMAX to large and loud?

IMAX generally has real big screens and pumped up sound.....but picture quality can be awesome and it tends to really pull you in.

Couple interesting things to keep in mind if you want to see "Skyfall" in IMAX (pretty much gleaned from an interview with Roger Deakins). Deakins was very impressed with the test footage he viewed of the IMAX Digital version of the film. However, he was not overly thrilled with the 70mm film blow-up. So this is one case where IMAX Digital may be the best way to see the film.
    Also, "Skyfall" was shot/formatted for two different aspect ratios: the familiar 2.40 to 1 scope ratio for regular cinemas and 2.0 to 1 for IMAX (Deakins wanted to take advantage of the taller IMAX screens). The 2.0 to 1 IMAX version is not cropped, it has the same width as the scope ratio version but adds more picture to the top and bottom of the frame.

I'll probably opt to see it at my local IMAX, which is Digital IMAX but has the maximum size screen for Digital IMAX (70ft x 35ft).
    Unfortunately Digital IMAX screens can be as small as 40x20 so check with the theater before you pay a premium.
    What is the cost of your IMAX ticket for Skyfall through Fandango or regualr box office if I may ask? You are talking me into it.
    HowardB wrote:

IMAX generally has real big screens and pumped up sound.....but picture quality can be awesome and it tends to really pull you in.

Couple interesting things to keep in mind if you want to see "Skyfall" in IMAX (pretty much gleaned from an interview with Roger Deakins). Deakins was very impressed with the test footage he viewed of the IMAX Digital version of the film. However, he was not overly thrilled with the 70mm film blow-up. So this is one case where IMAX Digital may be the best way to see the film.
    Also, "Skyfall" was shot/formatted for two different aspect ratios: the familiar 2.40 to 1 scope ratio for regular cinemas and 2.0 to 1 for IMAX (Deakins wanted to take advantage of the taller IMAX screens). The 2.0 to 1 IMAX version is not cropped, it has the same width as the scope ratio version but adds more picture to the top and bottom of the frame.

I'll probably opt to see it at my local IMAX, which is Digital IMAX but has the maximum size screen for Digital IMAX (70ft x 35ft).
    Unfortunately Digital IMAX screens can be as small as 40x20 so check with the theater before you pay a premium.
    $15.75 that's with the Fandango charge. Pricey but worth it to see Bond in IMAX! Yes its large, loud, and awesome! Cant wait to see that Gunbarrel scene!!! -{ :007)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    15.00-16.00 is about the going rate for IMAX presentations. My local AMC that has IMAX features early morning bargain shows on the weekends (between 9:30am-10:30am) which takes IMAX down to around $9.00.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Just checked Cinemarks website. Skyfall is showing on November 7th at 12:07am

http://cinemark.com/theatre-detail.aspx?node_id=1698#11/7/2012

Then there's four showings on November 8th at 12:30pm, 3:50pm, 7:10pm and 10:30pm

http://cinemark.com/theatre-detail.aspx?node_id=1698#11/8/2012

They have the same four showings for November 9th to. I'm sure more times will be added as the date gets closer.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope