Propellerheads - O.H.M.S.S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN8GcRGNWe4
1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD

Comments

• BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Propellerheads' version of OHMSS is indeed terrific. I also like Leftfield's version of SPACE MARCH off the same SHAKEN & STIRRED album.
  • Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Just checked that out and it's pretty good !
    I also just discovered a lot of new David Arnold remixes I never knew existed from the 'David Arnold James Bond project'.
    1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
    7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
    14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
    19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
  • boothroyd13boothroyd13 Winchester, VAPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I purchased "Shaken and Stirred" back in 1997, and a lot of the songs still get heavy play today! I really enjoy this album. Some of the past themes that I haven't cared much for before ("All Time High" and "Moonraker") have very good arrangements here. The one track that I don't care for at all is LTJ Bukem's "James Bond Theme" which bears no resemblance to the original. I know it's supposed to be a different take, but it's virtually unrecognizable. Among my faves: "We Have All the Time in the World" by Iggy Pop (I had this version played as the final dance song at our wedding...the original James Bond theme was used for the garter toss, btw!), "Nobody Does it Better" is a nice update, "Diamonds are Forever" is a unique and fresh take, and Propellerheads' "OHMSS" is dynamite (one of the top songs I like to listen to while driving). Overall, a great album. Anyone else have any thoughts?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    There are some good remixes on that album...my fav (and everyone elses, by the sounds of it) being OHMSS by the Propellerheads...
    I agree with the above that LTJ Bukems's James Bond Theme is a mess...it completely loses sight of the original tune and, if it wasn't for the sleeve notes, I would have no idea which song this was supposed to be X-( Who is this guy anyway ? I have never heard of him before or since !

I really do like the version of Nobody Does It Better by Aimee Mann and it's a real shame they cut Bjork's version of You Only Live Twice....it's as good as anything else on the album - bar OHMSS :D
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I remember getting "Shaken not Stirred " and had heard OHMSS, so went straight to
    The James Bond Theme , What a Big disapointment. :# I was expecting Arnold to
    Blast out a fantastic version.
    Although I love Diamonds are Forever, great track.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    Aspects of Arnold's 'Shaken Not Stirred' project became 'canon' when he later incorporated them to his Bond movie scores. For example, the 'Bond Back In Action' motif from FRWL as reworked for the Propellerheads' 'OHMSS' percolates through to the scores for the pre-credits sequences of TND and TWINE. And Arnold's take on the orchestral climaxes of 'DAF' informs his arrangement for 'The World Is Not Enough'.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    A bit of an odd mix this. See what you make of it. Includes some footage from Skyfall.

A.Skillz & Krafty Kuts - 50 Years of James Bond Mini Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6xaUkZYU_8
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    A bit of an odd mix this. See what you make of it. Includes some footage from Skyfall.

A.Skillz & Krafty Kuts - 50 Years of James Bond Mini Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6xaUkZYU_8

Skittish but amusing
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • JimatayJimatay Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    You guys checked this guys remixes out? I personally love them!

http://m.youtube.com/user/JMY007score
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Just found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAuCFQZhuUg&feature=related

I have no idea if it's official or not. I know there was a song competition to write the song for the devil may care novel. No idea which won. But maybe this was one of the entries? Either way, it's a bloody good track IMO.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby