Adele - Skyfall

JohnMastersonJohnMasterson MinnesotaPosts: 326MI6 Agent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKoqNJtMTQ

I might be taking this song a little bit too seriously, but I just find it strange how there's kind of a tone of inconsistency, going on here with the lyrics.

"YOU MAY HAVE MY NUMBER, YOU CAN TAKE MY NAME, BUT YOU'LL NEVER HAVE MY HEART!"

And after listening to the back-up singers repeat previous Skyfall lyrics:

"WHERE YOU GO I GO, WHAT YOU SEE I SEE, I KNOW I'D NEVER BE ME, WITHOUT THE SECURITY, OF YOUR LOVING ARMS, KEEPING ME FROM HARM, PUT YOUR HAND IN MY HAND, AND WE'LL STAND"

It's sort of funny how the lyrics go from negative to positive.
"Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you." Jor-El ~ Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

• Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    The lyrics make a lot of sense if you reverse the chronology. The end of the song is the beginning, when things are great and they (some couple) will take whatever can come, even the worse (Skyfall). Then something happens and she (I'm assuming she's singing from a woman's perspective) loses faith in the guy ("you'll never have my heart") and then the worse does happen and they can't withstand it. Pretty bleak and fatalistic. But I like it!
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I like it, it doesn't break new ground in many ways, but Ms Adelle sounds great the composition is good and it does sound traditionally Bond, esp with the parp and pomp of the orchestra's brass and strings.

A distinct improvement over the mess that Another Way to Die was for QoS!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • TurnkeyTurnkey Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Overall very weak.
  • JohnMastersonJohnMasterson MinnesotaPosts: 326MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    Turnkey wrote:
    Overall very weak.

Somebody on a podcast said that Adele's Set Fire to the Rain would have been a great Bond song for the Skyfall movie.
    "Goodbye, my son. Our hopes and dreams travel with you." Jor-El ~ Man of Steel (2013)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    I quite like it. Classic Bond 'feel.' She's a bit more subdued than I expected, but I downloaded it from iTunes and am an instant fan. Come on 9th November (here in the States)! :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I quite like it. Classic Bond 'feel.' She's a bit more subdued than I expected, but I downloaded it from iTunes and am an instant fan. Come on 9th November (here in the States)! :007)
    Yeah it's good! When I like the song, generally I like the flick. :D
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • batester2005batester2005 Dudley, West Mids, UKPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKoqNJtMTQ

I might be taking this song a little bit too seriously, but I just find it strange how there's kind of a tone of inconsistency, going on here with the lyrics.

"YOU MAY HAVE MY NUMBER, YOU CAN TAKE MY NAME, BUT YOU'LL NEVER HAVE MY HEART!"

And after listening to the back-up singers repeat previous Skyfall lyrics:

"WHERE YOU GO I GO, WHAT YOU SEE I SEE, I KNOW I'D NEVER BE ME, WITHOUT THE SECURITY, OF YOUR LOVING ARMS, KEEPING ME FROM HARM, PUT YOUR HAND IN MY HAND, AND WE'LL STAND"

It's sort of funny how the lyrics go from negative to positive.

Yeah but in many bond films isn't that the way his relationships with women generally pan out! They play hard to get and then eventually he breaks them!! That's just a thought I had this morning, I may be miles away from the ball park!!
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    At times, the lyrics were a bit confusing, but I'm happy that, for the first time in ten years, we have a title song that is the same as the film!
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    I can't stand the new song. I find it boring as Adele tends to be and it's terribly unoriginal. Basically a cheap attempt to sound like Goldfinger. Another Way to Die was miles better than this garbage(their song was also miles better).
    Still, I'm sure the film will be pretty good.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    I think the lyrics will fit into the titles sequence. I hear it's different than what we're expecting.

I can't WAIT to see this movie!
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget