Skyfall - First Preview Clip Released

scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
Digital Spy has posted a new preview clip from Skyfall which also gives us a sneak peek at Newman's score, looks and sounds very interesting, definately strong elements of the Bond theme in there, here's the clip:
Apparently this is from the opening sequence

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a410472/skyfall-first-preview-clip-released-video.html

What do you think?

EDIT: I included the spoiler tags because I was unsure if some people would rather not know which part of the movie the clip is taken from, however I am also unsure whether or not that it is common knowledge, didnt want to take any chances.
http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.

Comments

• Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    awesome teaser thanks for the heads up!
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Good camerawork & fast cutting. But even better, you can see exactly what's going on. Hallelujah & full marks to Mendes, Deakins & Baird.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    How many more bloody weeks must I wait? This is cruel and unusual punishment under the terms of the Geneva Convention!
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    For the record, Bond is driving a backhoe, which looks pretty awesome, thereby satiating my desire for a 'Bond moment' from my other thread on the topic. In case anyone was wondering. -{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    That looks really good! It reminds me a lot of the crane fight in CR, and it was probably at the back of the writers minds too when they wrote it.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Yep! That's the way it should be done!
    BIG TAM wrote:
    Good camerawork & fast cutting. But even better, you can see exactly what's going on. Hallelujah & full marks to Mendes, Deakins & Baird.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Yep! That's the way it should be done!
    BIG TAM wrote:
    Agreed, and this should put to rest any fears that this will not be a traditional Bond movie. The only thing I wish they'd done is darken Craig's hair, as he looks so much the classic Bond it's distracting.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Thomas Newman's score is sounding promising also. Apparentley, not shy about incorporating the Bond theme. Lot's of brass with a touch of thundering base. IMO a good Bond score should not be a personal original artistic statement of the composer, but the composer using their artistic ability to produce a score that enhances and blends with the mood, visuals, ect of the film.
    John Barry created the musical template for the Bond films. The music that Barry created is just as much of the classic Bond canon as anything. No other composer who has scored a Bond film since has even come close IMO except for David Arnold in CR.
    Based upon this snippet from the pre-title sequence I am encouraged that maybe this time around we may have a classic Bond score in the Barry tradition.