Skyfall Soundtrack available on itunes

BreboseBrebose QC, CanadaPosts: 15MI6 Agent
Preordered yesterday, downloaded this morning. This is a nice surprise to start the week!
Old Bond, New Tricks, on Instagram

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    whats your opinion of it? i thought most of it sounded pretty generic and bland, but i LOVE "She's mine" and "deep water".
  • JimatayJimatay Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    One question, is there more bond theme than the previous two scores?
  • Yes..more Bond theme than before.
    Jolly good :007)
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Nowhere near as much Bond theme as in Arnold's early scores though.
  • Apart from Tommorrow Never Dies, Arnold hardly touches the Bond Theme.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Er, I think linking to illegal torrents is a bad idea. And rather unpleasant.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Apart from Tommorrow Never Dies, Arnold hardly touches the Bond Theme.
    The Bond theme appears regularly in TWINE and DAD.
  • TWINE and DAD...both awful soundtracks
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Jimatay wrote:
    One question, is there more bond theme than the previous two scores?
    yeah, but just a few hints of it, no full blown DA DA DADAAA moments in the score, Breadcrumbs is the only proper time the theme plays but cuts out before it gets good, that said, the tracks "shes mine" and "deep water" have a few grand,heroic statements of the theme but are not full renditions, just a few notes. my favorite is when the theme is played brilliantly on strings in "shes mine".
    yeah, but just a few hints of it, no full blown DA DA DADAAA moments in the score,

Shame, as being the 50th anniversary film I expected at least one fanfare of the full theme. Never mind. Cheers for answering anyway.
  • after about 7 plays all way through, about 7 or 8 tracks have bond theme in, some very subtle, very intelligent uses...

'she's mine', good, 'skyfall' reminds me of shawshank/raod to pedition, 'Tennyson' is a favourite, 'close shave' reminds me of TN finding Nemo, love the bond theme in 'Day wasted' and 'Brave New World' is very enjoyable.

I presume a lot of tracks are not in order of how they appear in film, as 'Voluntary Retirement' could be a plot hint, but l like its sweeping sound.

Like the track 'Mother'....wonder whether thats a M reference, or to the family grave we have seen in photos of at the Lodge/chapple!!

all in all....more good than bad, and some really lovely tracks...but l need to see in context of the film, then will see(hear) much better!
    Some of the tracks have a bit of Hans Zimmer-Batman feel to them. The opening sections of 'She's Mine' and 'Jellyfish' in particular.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    The Breadcrumbs track sounds very similar to 'the name's Bond' track on the CR OST.
    Fitzochris wrote:
    The Breadcrumbs track sounds very similar to 'the name's Bond' track on the CR OST.

You're right. When I first heard it, that struck me immediately. I was surprised that Newman had done that.