How many of you will be able to avoid spoilers?

I'm thinking primarily of the Americans (like me) on the forums. You lucky Brits are fortunate in that not only are you able to see the film two weeks earlier than the rest of us, but there are fewer spoilers available leading up to your viewing.

We Americans, on the other hand, will have two full weeks of forum discussions to avoid, and I for one don't know if I have the willpower to avoid them. I remember having this same problem before QoS...I tried to restrain myself, tried to have willpower, but ultimately gave in and read everything I could.

Will I do the same with Skyfall? Apparently there are more secrets and surprises in Skyfall than ever before, with that plot that has been kept so well under wraps. So this seems like the movie to NOT spoil for ourselves. But will we? That remains to be seen...

What do you all think? Will you have restraint, or give in?

Comments

• BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I have to admit I don't mind knowing what's going to happen beforehand but I respect those that like to be surprised.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I'll be able to avoid all but one spoiler. The one thing I want to know is the placement of the Gun barrel. Everything else I'll be able to avoid.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    I feel particularly sorry for the US mods who have to tread very delicately around threads ... I know I have accidentally read threads and read up on the plot before I've seen the film.

Even with this film, I've had to be very careful navigating around certain threads (the photos on set one being notable).

My thoughts are with you guys though. I'm mystified why there isn't a more synchronous release. Then again, it does make a nice change as we have traditionally had films released in the UK long after they were in the US.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'm having a pretty difficult time avoiding spoilers because I am so tempted to follow everything Skyfall-related. I haven't read any of the reviews, but every time I see a clip or a trailer I see a little more of the movie, leaving a little less to surprise me when Skyfall opens in the U.S. on November 9. But I'm still trying hard to hold out!!!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    Predator, thanks for your sympathy! :) Although, like you said, you folks in the UK always seem to get everything after us, so I s’pose it’s only fair that you at least get to see James Bond first. Still, couldn’t it have been a one-week difference? We’re going to be dying over here! X-(
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,631Chief of Staff
    I'm having a pretty difficult time avoiding spoilers because I am so tempted to follow everything Skyfall-related. I haven't read any of the reviews, but every time I see a clip or a trailer I see a little more of the movie, leaving a little less to surprise me when Skyfall opens in the U.S. on November 9. But I'm still trying hard to hold out!!!

You could always check out the spoiler-free reviews in this thread.... -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I enjoy the Odd spoiler. It just adds to my enjoyment.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I am one of the lucky Brits and do sympathise with those of you overseas who have to wait another two weeks or more. Especially those down under in Australia and New Zealand who have to wait until the 22nd November. I have not been avoiding spoilers but if the release dates were the other way round then I would be a bit envious for sure.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the tip, my friend! I just checked out those reviews, and seeing the views of several AJBers that I respect, including you, I am very encouraged that this is definitely a Bond worth waiting for! -{
    Sir Miles wrote:

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,631Chief of Staff
    Thanks for the tip, my friend! I just checked out those reviews, and seeing the views of several AJBers that I respect, including you, I am very encouraged that this is definitely a Bond worth waiting for! -{
    Sir Miles wrote:

A pleasure....

It is worth the wait -{
    YNWA 97
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    I've been able to avoid spoilers so far. Just need to continue doing so for one more week...
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    Oh, hell. The movie isn’t even out in the UK and I’ve already spoiled the whole thing for myself...so it looks like this topic was completely moot!
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I'll be able to avoid all but one spoiler. The one thing I want to know is the placement of the Gun barrel. Everything else I'll be able to avoid.

That one has already been officially revealed now :)..

It will be hitting the theatre's at the 31st here in the Netherlands, proberbly going to see it on openings day...
    I can't wait for this one! :D
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    if you can avoid the spoliers gang, it will be worth it - and for those who managed to supress after seeing the film and not spoiling it for others, well done !!!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    I'm actually avoiding the spoiler reviews, which is a sharp departure for me. But I've decided I want to be as surprised as possible for this one. To say I'm excited would be understating it dramatically...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,404Chief of Staff
    Spoilers successfully avoided (much willpower required). Film seen earlier today- WOW!!!!