Why can't we have a Hollywood premiere of Skyfall?

Why can't we have a Hollywood premiere of Skyfall? (and future Bond movies too!), will it happen? Aside from the Bond stars, tons of high-profile Hollywood stars would attend the premiere.

Comments

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Because Bond is BRITISH and the films hould always have the premier in the best city in the world.
    LONDON looked FAB in SKYFALL.
    So proud to call this city my home!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    A Hollywood US Premiere seems like a very good idea and would generate a great deal of publicity. A Hollywood World Premiere is less likely but cannot be ruled out completely, considering that A View To A Kill had it's World Premiere in San Francisco.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    Because Bond is BRITISH and the films hould always have the premier in the best city in the world.
    LONDON looked FAB in SKYFALL.
    So proud to call this city my home!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

well said.........
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I think what may be the point here is should there be a US premiere in addition to the official British premier. Many films have multiple red carpet premiers when they open in different countries. Being that it's the 50th Anniversary film and the London/Scotland locations it is appropriate IMO to have one official premier in London.

I did do a quick check to see if there was a Hollywood Premier and there is not. However, there is a special screening being held on November 1st at the Ziegfield theater in New York to raise money for a charitable foundation and Daniel Craig will be in attendance.
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    I am not against a US premiere for any Bond movie and I hope it comes about for the next movie. That said Bond is British and the main premiere should always be in London.

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!