3 Questions about the film - MAJOR SPOILERS

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
I've only seen this fantastic film once, and just 3 things confused me and/or I slightly missed them, or whatever. So here are my three questions - would be grateful for some answers:
1 - During the word association test, when the psychiatrist says 'skyall' and bond becomes emotionally disturbed - well it's clear that bond's trauma of his childhood comes back, and so he leaves. But what I want to know is, did the psychiatrist know about bond's past? And that's why he said the word 'skyfall'? Or did he just say the word by pure chance? (Which obviously seems unlikely)

2 - I kind of missed why Silva wanted revenge on M. Was he abandoned by her on a mission or something? What happened with the acid and his teeth? And his name is/was Rodriguez or something? So did he change it to Silva at a later date? These are really things I should have got, but I guess I just missed it...

3 - I'm confused as to how M got wounded (and later died). Was it from the gunshot from the henchman? Or was it an injury from explosions? I think it's the first, but wasn't sure because I originally thought the henchman missed the shot...

Thanks in advance! And I hope to see this epic film again sometime soon!
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    I've only seen this fantastic film once, and just 3 things confused me and/or I slightly missed them, or whatever. So here are my three questions - would be grateful for some answers:
    1 - During the word association test, when the psychiatrist says 'skyall' and bond becomes emotionally disturbed - well it's clear that bond's trauma of his childhood comes back, and so he leaves. But what I want to know is, did the psychiatrist know about bond's past? And that's why he said the word 'skyfall'? Or did he say the word by pure chance? (Which obviously seems unlikely)

The psych knew. No doubt via M.

2 - I kind of missed why Silva wanted revenge on M. Was he abandoned by her on a mission or something? What happened with the acid and his teeth? And his name is/was rodriguez or something? So did he change it to Silva at a later date? These are really things I should have got, but I guess I just missed it...

Silva was stationed in Hong Kong and was hacking the Chinese system against M's wishes. When Hong Kong went back to the Chinese, M gave him up to ensure a smooth transition. He was tortured and took his cyanide pill in a bid to commit suicide. It didn't work but left him disfigured.

3 - I'm confused as to how M got wounded (and later died). Was it from the gunshot from the henchman? Or was it an injury from explosions? I think it's the first, but wasn't sure because I originally thought the henchman missed the shot...

She was shot by a henchman while attempting to shoot him.

Thanks in advance! And hope to see this epic film again sometime soon!
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    1. I'm sure he knew about Bond's past. It was not asked by pure chance.

2. He's undercover name is Raoul Silva, and he's original name is Tiago Rodriguez. He started to hack the chinese without permission from MI6, so he was caught by the chinese and left behind by M. He's cyanide capsule that didn't kill him, but it made him the way he his. I think it etched away away his bones and teeth.

3. Yes she was hit by the henchman she missed with the PPK/S.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    During the word association test
    as Skyfall was revealed to be Bond's house much later in the movie, I at that point thought Skyfall was the name of the Istanbul Mission and he was still pretty pissed that he had been left behind and said 'Done' that it's over and dealth with.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the answers guys. Yep, that pretty much makes sense all around.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although I did get my Biggest laugh in the film from the
    word association scene
    when Bond is asked " M "
    and replies " Bitch " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    A7ce wrote:
    During the word association test
    as Skyfall was revealed to be Bond's house much later in the movie, I at that point thought Skyfall was the name of the Istanbul Mission and he was still pretty pissed that he had been left behind and said 'Done' that it's over and dealth with.

my take on it is that the bloke doing the test knew that skyfall was a big thing in his childhood and bond says "done" and gets up indicating that "we are done here" and he doesn't want to continue.
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    jon_1uk wrote:
    my take on it is that the bloke doing the test knew that skyfall was a big thing in his childhood and bond says "done" and gets up indicating that "we are done here" and he doesn't want to continue.

Yes, I thought he was indicating his displeasure that the psychiatrist had brought this up.

With regards M I think you were supposed to think the henchman missed at first, but I'm sure that's how she got injured.
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.