Line from M (Spoiler)

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
Don't know if I need spoiler tags for this, as I've already labeled the thread a spoiler. But just in case:
In the trailer, when writing bond's obituary, M says "What do you say about a man like that?"

Now forgive me, but was this line even in the film itself? Because I cannot remember her saying that line at all in that scene, or in any scene... Maybe I just missed it?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    no it wasn't in there.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    no it wasn't in there.

I thought so. Is this a common occurrence, to have lines from trailers not be in films? Does anyone know if this line was especially recorded for the trailer only, or was it part of the film but removed?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    There was a film recently whose trailer prominently featured the line "Ninjas: damn!" which was a huge selling point to lots of uber nerds... suffice to say the line was nowhere to be heard in the film!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    neither was the running in the park scene in the Movie?
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:

Nope.
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:

Funny enough, I was only talking about that on the way back from seeing it again just now. Also noticed that in one of the trailers he says "trust me" to Eve (pretty sure it was that line!) before turning the Land Rover in to the Audi, but the line wasn't in the movie.

Wonder how many deleted scenes there could be?? Really wished the film had been longer tbh!!
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote:

Funny enough, I was only talking about that on the way back from seeing it again just now. Also noticed that in one of the trailers he says "trust me" to Eve (pretty sure it was that line!) before turning the Land Rover in to the Audi, but the line wasn't in the movie.

I too realised watching the scene that Bond's "trust me" line was cut - isn't this a reference to FYEO when Moore tips over the Citroen 2CV?

M's line to Mallory about Bond being somewhere in the South China Sea as precise information was also cut I believe.

I wonder just how much was cut from SF and whether we'll ever see an uncut extened version :v
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
    An extended edition would be superb, but alas I sadly can't see it happening. It would sell like hot cakes though!!
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Really? 145 minutes isn't long enough for you!?
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.

Don't get me wrong - I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but it would be good to see elements that were disregarded when it came to the final cut. The running scene (& maybe it's context pre / post the scene) that appeared in the trailer(s) is one aspect that I'd have liked to seen. I suppose it would just be interesting to see what didn't make the final cut?!

I suppose an element of me wanting to see more is that it's been a bloody long wait & I want to be totally spoilt!! :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,630Chief of Staff

Not for me....as I've said elsewhere...the movie should have been at least 30 mins longer....if not 60 mins...
    YNWA 97
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    Did they use a different take of the word association game than what was used in the trailer? I know the sequence in the film was longer but I remember feeling in the cinema that some of the phrases from the trailer sounded different. it is possible however that this is simply due to them being used amongst a larger context than the short trailer sequence.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Also missing was an exchange from several TV Spots:

Mallory: 'Any word on Bond?
    M: 'He's somewhere in the South China sea'
    Mallory: Is that it?
    M: 'Well when you've worked with Bond for as long as I have, you know that 'somewhere in the South China Sea is precise intelligence'